Daniel alves - the remaining piece in the jigsaw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mike72 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:17 pm

I feel that with our new signings we are now covered in most areas, but could do with one key signing.  We need a right back and Alves is the best right wing back out there and would be a definite improvement in games where we want our full backs to push forward.  Finnan would then be the backup and start games where we want to put more of an emphasis on defence in that position.

We have the money to bid higher than Chelsea's £14m....I think we should go for it...
mike72

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:25 pm

1. we dont need a right back. finnan is one of the best right backs in the league
2. A left back, a back up central defender and a top class winger would be priority before a right back
3. Today he came out and said, "I want to play for Chelsea"

so all in all, Alves, while being a quality player, i doubt very much he will come here
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:34 pm

mike72 wrote:I feel that with our new signings we are now covered in most areas, but could do with one key signing.  We need a right back and Alves is the best right wing back out there and would be a definite improvement in games where we want our full backs to push forward.  Finnan would then be the backup and start games where we want to put more of an emphasis on defence in that position.

We have the money to bid higher than Chelsea's £14m....I think we should go for it...

did you watch the ufea cup final, i wouldn't pay 14 pence he was awful

yes we do need something no the right to push pennant but yossi can play out there and babel

i just wonder who the last signing will be ?
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:44 pm

According to Manhattan's sources, Daniel Alves will sign for Chelsea tomorrow.

When asked what sealed the deal, Alves said "they were so kind to me, Roman took me out for a romantic dinner and then Peter and Jose took me on a family picnic where we ate sandwiches and played with a frisbee"

More on this story as it develops.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:56 pm

redmikey wrote:
mike72 wrote:I feel that with our new signings we are now covered in most areas, but could do with one key signing.  We need a right back and Alves is the best right wing back out there and would be a definite improvement in games where we want our full backs to push forward.  Finnan would then be the backup and start games where we want to put more of an emphasis on defence in that position.

did you watch the ufea cup final, i wouldn't pay 14 pence he was awful

yes we do need something no the right to push pennant but yossi can play out there and babel

i just wonder who the last signing will be ?

Thats just one game mate, all season he has terrorised La Liga defences (as well as doing a fair bit of defending himself). He's a world class player and the best in the world at his position.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:35 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:According to Manhattan's sources, Daniel Alves will sign for Chelsea tomorrow.

When asked what sealed the deal, Alves said "they were so kind to me, Roman took me out for a romantic dinner and then Peter and Jose took me on a family picnic where we ate sandwiches and played with a frisbee"

More on this story as it develops.

you are a weird one manhattan, funny as hell :D  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:38 pm

Redman in wales wrote:1. we dont need a right back. finnan is one of the best right backs in the league
2. A left back, a back up central defender and a top class winger would be priority before a right back

so all in all, Alves, while being a quality player, i doubt very much he will come here

We don't need a left back, we have already Aurelio and Riise who are good enough. We need another quality striker and quality center back.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:53 pm

metalhead wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:1. we dont need a right back. finnan is one of the best right backs in the league

We don't need a left back, we have already Aurelio and Riise who are good enough. We need another quality striker and quality center back.

striker?

we've got 5! as babel is more of a striker than a winger.

we need a left back more than we need another striker... thats why we've been linked with heinze
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:15 am

We do need a right back.  Finnan is good but going forward we need something different.  Alves is too much for us though.  £12 mil would of got him last year and we didnt pay.  I wouldnt mind Cicinho but the new Real boss says his keeping him.
puroresu

Postby Forever_Red » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:24 am

we need a centre back to cover agger or carragher. We don't need another striker babel can play there, I'd also like to see a winger as well, Simao hopefully
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby alxy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:31 am

Finnan is OK enough at RB, and we have Arbeloa as back-up. I would agree we need a backup defender though. We seem to be OK enough in midfield. But if we get a few injuries to the defence, we might not have enough cover.
alxy

Postby DAV » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:10 am

funny post this, we dont need more strikers or a left back.
And could I ask what source REDMikey has for this comment
"yes we do need something on the right to push pennant but yossi can play out there and babel"
As far as i no Babel is an unknown on the right wing and yossi cannot play their either
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:56 am

Redman in wales wrote:
metalhead wrote:

striker?

we've got 5! as babel is more of a striker than a winger.

we need a left back more than we need another striker... thats why we've been linked with heinze

Majority of the games babel will be used as a left winger, thats what i think he is brought in for.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:59 am

Heinze would be the next buy for me.. en excellent left back and also  vgood when playing centreback.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:07 pm

Alves Is A Very Good Attacking Right Back, BUT When I Have Watched Him Play IN La Liga He Fails To Track Back When He Goes Forward And Leaves A Hole On The Right Side Of The Pitch, As Good As He Is At Attacking I Would Prefer Not To Have Him.
Kopite-Jud

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion