Daniel alves - the remaining piece in the jigsaw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sean » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:48 am

After his performance last night I reckon Alves' price tag has gone up another couple of million.  Whats going to happen now with Heinze ? If he wants to join us and Liverpool are prepared to pay the asking price, can fergie still block the move.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby David Villa » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:07 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:why consider d.alves when u can get hossan kaabi for much more cheaper? and he has an amazing dribbling ability for a defender.

Hossan Kaebi has joined Leicester City mate, hard to believ i know Spurs also wanted him.
David Villa

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:22 pm

matrix wrote:in the past rafa wanted alves,  but we were priced out by seville's  crazy price...

They wanted 12 million for him. Seems  to have been cheap to me and we should have gone for him. He will be worth a lot more in the future.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:09 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Heinze would be the next buy for me.. en excellent left back and also  vgood when playing centreback.

agree 100%

but alves would be nice aswell :buttrock
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:03 pm

Would absolutely love him at the club, but I doubt very much that it's going to happen. Just hope he stays in Spain otherwise, as I would hate seing him in a Chelsea shirt :(  The lad's got enormous attacking potential, but is also quite good at backtracking, from the games I've seen with him. A cracking player.
JamCar05

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:07 pm

No thanks
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:29 am

ConnO'var wrote:Of course, this would lead to another problem.... we need a similar player for the left wingback role and another quality centreback... preferably a pacy sweeper....

Unfortunately and with deep regret, I must say that this probably a pipe dream now with all the players we've brought in.... Shame really.... but heres hoping anyway... :laugh: :laugh: :D

Riise is your left wing back, and would Hyppia, Carra and Agger be a bad combination?  Don't think so.  Of course, there is always Palleta....

No don't think it is going to happen, in fact, I think the buying has just about finished.  When does the window close?
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:49 pm

why does palleta get so must criticism?

people forget he is still only very young and inexperienced, from what i have seen he is good on the ball, strong, brave and offers a goal threat from corners and set pieces

he lacks a bit of pace but carra and sami are not the quickest, and he lacks experience (whitch is not suprising at his age)

give the lad a chance to develope instead of slyly slagging him off on forums and making him out to be worse then he is, we are supporters after all
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:33 pm

RedBlood wrote:why does palleta get so must criticism?

people forget he is still only very young and inexperienced, from what i have seen he is good on the ball, strong, brave and offers a goal threat from corners and set pieces

he lacks a bit of pace but carra and sami are not the quickest, and he lacks experience (whitch is not suprising at his age)

give the lad a chance to develope instead of slyly slagging him off on forums and making him out to be worse then he is, we are supporters after all

Why does Palleta get so much criticism? Do you really have to ask? How about everytime he plays we let in two or more goals, six agaist Arsenal. And i dont understand your argument that because we have other slow CBs its ok to have another, yes he's young but then so is Agger shame thats the only thing they have in common. Its a shame that our homegrown talant dont get a chance to impress cus of the likes of him. :no
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:02 pm

It just feels the train has past when it comes to Alves.
Rafa wanted him last year and £12m was too much.

Now we're looking at around £17m! and buying him now would make even less sense. And he is a right back fgs.
And then there is the fact that he has contracted the "malouda disease" meaning he'll look at the paycheck 1st.

Heinze at £6m seems more sensible.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:03 pm

Rush Job wrote:
RedBlood wrote:why does palleta get so must criticism?

Why does Palleta get so much criticism? Do you really have to ask? How about everytime he plays we let in two or more goals, six agaist Arsenal. And i dont understand your argument that because we have other slow CBs its ok to have another, yes he's young but then so is Agger shame thats the only thing they have in common. Its a shame that our homegrown talant dont get a chance to impress cus of the likes of him. :no

yes we let 6 in against arsenal and as i remember 1 was directly palleta's fault, 3 were down to misjudgement on sami's part plus dudek was aweful

you cannot blame palleta for this result as sami and dudek with all there experience were the ones largely at fault

you seem to forget palleta plays in games when the whole side is weakend and he plays infront of that flapping duck dudek

i didnt say because carra and sami are slow it is ok to have another im suggesting that it can be overcome, as they are examples of great defenders with a lack of pace

and homegrown talent aint getting a chance because they are not good enough but you would never admit that because there scousers, do you really think if a local lad came in with the ability to play for the first team rafa would not play him?? dont be stupid, the harsh reality is they are not good enough
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:18 pm

and the fact that the liverpool youth are clearly not good enough is scary as there some of the best in the country which does not reflect well on england
as an england fan its worrying to see minimal talent coming through at this point excluding few individuals which the media over-rate and put to much pressure on.

n hienze won't come to us as fergie said he wouldnt sell to a rival, im not bothered either way. but if we need a back up right back for finnan to push for a place then maybe spending a fortune on one is not neccessarily the answer

jus me thoughts, don't slag me off for them  :D
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:48 pm

mr_weed_80@hotmail.com wrote:and the fact that the liverpool youth are clearly not good enough is scary as there some of the best in the country which does not reflect well on england
as an england fan its worrying to see minimal talent coming through at this point excluding few individuals which the media over-rate and put to much pressure on.

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fowler4god » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:39 pm

if rafa was going to pay that much for a right back would it not make more sense to go for someone like micah richards at man city, hes younger than alves, hes proven in the premiership and he speaks english. I dont really see rafa going for another right back but if he was id like to see him sign someone like richards
fowler4god

Postby redmikey » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:30 am

micah richards is unproven and a carthorse on the ball, he is an athlete before he is a footballers imo

alvez is an over priced you tube player, i haven't watched a lot of him but what i have seen is a million miles away from a solid right back with the ability to support his winger unselfishly or steve finnan as it could be put

in the left back department leighton bains is a far better buy at 7 mill than a 30 year old manc for 7 mill

our british scouts are on to a beating case of the price of any of our young talent that is good enough to get first team games

walcot,bale,swp,etc etc all over priced for what they have achieved
redmikey
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion