Jerzy denies want away claims - Eurosport article

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:42 am

Liverpool keeper Jerzy Dudek has denied British Sunday newspaper claims he is on his way out of Anfield. Dudek exclusively told Eurosport.com on Monday: "I hope to be at Liverpool [in January]. You never know what may happen, but I have never said I want to leave the club."

The 31-year-old has seen his position as number one undermined by the emergence of the promising Chris Kirkland, but insisted he sees his long-term future at Anfield.

"I have a contract for two-and-a-half years and I've always said I'm happy. I'd love to stay at Liverpool until the end of my contract, but you never know what can happen.

"Maybe the coach and management may change and say we have some offers for you and you can leave the club. But I would like to stay at Liverpool for a long, long time. It was always my dream to play for the club."

Arriving in October 2001 after five seasons in the Dutch top flight with Feyenoord, the Poland international established himself as Gerard Houllier's first choice, ousting Sander Westerveld.

But with Kirkland now having put two seasons of injury worries behind him - and the installation of new boss Rafael Benitez after Houllier's departure in the summer - Dudek has seen his iron grip on a first-team place loosened.

"I'M A VERY HAPPY PERSON"

Both keepers have played six Premiership games this season, with Kirkland consigning his rival to the sidelines again for last Saturday's slender 3-2 win over Crystal Palace.

But while Dudek admitted he was unhappy on the bench, he is ready to battle to earn the right to a first-team place.

"As a professional, I must accept that I have to work even harder for the team even if I am not playing. Of course, because there is a new coach he likes to give everybody their chance.

"At the beginning I played a few games and now it's the turn of Chris. We'll see what the future will bring for us. I cannot be happy with this situation, but following the arrival of the new manager, I am very happy with the new goalkeeping coach we have now at Liverpool. I am a very happy person."

The Polish number one was also aggrieved disparaging remarks about former Liverpool manager Houllier being "a bad manager" had been attributed to him in the weekend's News of the World.

"There is always some kind of misunderstanding in the British press," said Dudek. "Everybody knows that I have never been against my managers or my players. I am professional enough and clever enough to say the right things. But the quote definitely didn't come from my mouth!"

Intresting, Jerzy for me is good cover, but not reliable enough to have as the number one.

[url=javascript:MM_openBrWindow('/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/playermultimedia_lng0_rub9_spo22_ven18470.shtml','playermultimedia','resizable=no,scrollbars=no,width=620,height=640,left=80,top=80')]Dudek Interview[/url]
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:05 am

There was also a quote abotu Finnan.. and him wanting to leave if he does not get enuff games... no such thing as wanting to stay and be part of the success... they cud all go to charlton.. like Murph :D
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:21 am

I saw an interview with Steve Finnan today on Skysportsnews and he said that although he would prefer to start more games he is very happy at Liverpool and doesn't want to go.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby adayinthelife » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:25 am

Dudek must realise like most fans that he is not the keeper he was and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave next summer.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:12 am

Why would we let him go? an injury prone first choice simply is not enough.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:49 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I saw an interview with Steve Finnan today on Skysportsnews and he said that although he would prefer to start more games he is very happy at Liverpool and doesn't want to go.

Yeah i saw that article on LFC TV , thought it made a refreshing change to the normal if i dont get selected im out of here stuff
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthernScouser » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:24 am

I like Finnan
I think he could be (hate the expression but) a confidence player
given a good run - I reckon he could do a good job for us - plus it gives a bit of competition on the right
I've always like Dudek as well - I think it might be some of his blunders as well - remind me of the Brucey Grobb a bit
as someone else said - we still need cover for Kirkland
until he goes at least 15 games without an injury - I'm still gonna be twitchy
SouthernScouser

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion