Cheyrou sorry he left

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:49 pm

Did he really get a chance with us he says he didnt recieve much help under houllier, maybe raffa could get him performing well, would you lot want him back?

CHEYROU REGRETS REDS EXIT
SKY Sports 01 November 2004 

Bruno Cheyrou has admitted he should have fought for his place at Liverpool, rather than head out on loan to Marseille. 

The forward opted to move to Stade Velodrome in the summer, seemingly feeling he would not figure prominently under Rafa Benitez at Anfield.

Cheyrou claims he was told he would be a key player for l'OM, but things have not gone according to plan and the striking woes at Anfield have prompted the forward to admit he should have stayed on Merseyside.

"Coach Jose Anigo is not happy with my performances both in training sessions and in matches," he told L'Equipe. "I am the first responsible for this, but I was never given much help.

"Between the words stated that made me sign and the actual words, there are some inconsistencies. I can't understand and I don't agree with the coach's explanations.

"I should have stayed at Liverpool. Considering what has happened there, I would have played more often. L'OM was right to sign me and I was right to join them, but the situation is difficult. I am very disappointed."

Cheyrou has warned l'OM that he will look to move on in January if he fails to break into the team, but it remains to be seen if Liverpool opt to recall him from loan.

"If my situation does not change before the winter transfer window, I won't try to stay," he added. "I will have to leave."

Liverpool have a lack of forwards following the season-ending injury of Djibril Cisse and Benitez is almost certain to reinforce his attack in January.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:13 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:"Coach Jose Anigo is not happy with my performances both in training sessions and in matches," he told L'Equipe.

That's because you're sh@te lad  :O
spud

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:15 pm

He has the right pyhisic for a prem player hes not as light weight as garcia, I really do think he would have come on heaps and bounds with raffa had he stayed.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:24 pm

Cheyrou is never going to make it.  Rafa isn't a magician.

Cheyrou isn't good enough for Marseille, Mellor wasn't good enough for West Ham, Diouf (£10M) can't hold down a regular place at Bolton, Kewell is inconsistent, Pongolle isn't good enough, Le Tallac is a midfielder (who might make it, just played his first game for weeks).

I'm afraid the best option 'till Jan is Baros and Garcia.  Baros will burn himself out with all that running (respect).

Rick better get some dough ready, cause we need a centre half as well.
spud

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:54 pm

spud wrote:Cheyrou is never going to make it.  Rafa isn't a magician.

You didn't see Igors goal then?

Or Salif's ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:57 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
spud wrote:Cheyrou is never going to make it.  Rafa isn't a magician.

You didn't see Igors goal then?

Or Salif's ?

:p Maybe they should play up front and we can rest Baros  :p
spud

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion