Carragher quits england - To make lfc the best in the land

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:57 pm

Brilliant that!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby parchpea » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:30 pm

Adrian Durham just stirs it and is exactly why Talksport keep him on air.

All in all the station is very anti Liverpool and rarely have I heard positive commentary from them.

Micky Quinn tries his best to fight the Liverpool corner on there but with due respect he is not the sharpest tool in the box and finds himself on the receiving end more often than not!

Fair play to Garragher but unfortunately it wont stop Durhams endless claptrap about the matter  :no
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:45 pm

The best part of that call-in was when Durham said that Carra should try and fight for his position and show McClaren what he's capable of.  Carra's response was classic and spot on: he's been fighting for his place in the England side for the past 8 years and if helping to lead his team to two Champions League finals in three years doesn't demonstrate to McClaren what he's capable of, what else can he do? ???

I'll be glad to see Carragher putting his feet up while the rest of the lads are on international duty.  This will prolong his Liverpool career by at least a couple of years, I predict. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:55 pm

Welll in CArrra mate.  Top lad, I only hope Gerrards does the same.

We are SCOUSE NOT ENGLISH.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:18 pm

You can't win with dick heads like Durham, he has continued to say Carra is a bottler after the interview, and will probably make even more rubbish comments to generate publicity, unfortunatly Carras call has probably reinforced Durhams postion. He just spouts rubbish, is fairly thick and has very little knowledge.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby weringo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:35 pm

redtrader74 wrote:You can't win with dick heads like Durham, he has continued to say Carra is a bottler after the interview, and will probably make even more rubbish comments to generate publicity, unfortunatly Carras call has probably reinforced Durhams postion. He just spouts rubbish, is fairly thick and has very little knowledge.

Spot on, he's a complete tw*t.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:58 pm

Good on ya Carra - a true legend!!!!!!!!

Pity we've sold Bellamy,if dodo Durham ever came down to Melwood or Anfield maybe Carra could have found a very good use for a golf club! :D
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:04 pm

I suggest we start singing "We all dream of a team of bottlers, a team of bottlers", a team of bottlers! to rip the p*ss out of this durham t*at

What a nerve, carragher has more heart and sole on the football pitch than anyone in the england team.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:28 pm

Durham was talking nonsense by calling him a bottler. His rant eventually turns into an anti-Scouse diatribe. Beecroft destroyed his arguments this morning on the breakfast show. Carragher has proven himself more than capable of playing at the highest level.

He’s Liverpool’s vice captain and has won every trophy there is to win, apart from the Premiership. The management of England have made it very clear that they don’t rate him, so Carragher has simply decided to not pursue a futile endeavour and instead focus his attention on something more positive and constructive, that being his club career.

I ask, who the fook is Steve McClaren to say that Carragher needs to prove himself? If anything it’s McClaren who needs to prove himself by actually doing something worthwhile as England manager, which thus far he hasn’t.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:05 pm

metalhead wrote:Top top person carragher is, I don't think other england players who gets criticised on the radio would do what carragher did. He has the right to defend himself, and he defended superbly! Durham got what he deserves.

Carra = CLASS  :bowdown

Durham was slagging off gary nevile a few months ago (nothing wrong with that I hear you say) but shortly afterwards Rio ferdinand rang up to defend him and he put the the little gobshi te in his place also. Good on yer Carra.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:01 am

Carra a bottler?? Bullshit.

Who was it that whilst suffering from acute cramp and could barely walk never mind run continued to throw himself in front of fierce shots and into tackles during the biggest game of his life in Istanbul 2 years ago?
JAMIE CARRAGHER

That doesn't sound like the behaviour of a bottler.

This guy obviously doesn't know what kind of a person Carra is when it comes to football.

No doubt this clown will continue to sit in his cosy little booth slagging off players who put their clubs befoe country whilst spunking all over his pictures of Mclaren and the 3 lions (and Michael Owen :p ).
I'm English and couldn't really give a fuck about the team most of the time and I'm glad Carra is telling that footballing know nothing - McLaren to shove his caps up his arse as Liverpool will be the winners at the end of the day. Let Ferdinand, Woodgate and King et al continue to play at CB and see just how many trophies the England team picks up.

No doubt it'll be in the region of - 0

WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF CARRAGHERS
TEAM OF CARRAGHERS
TEAM OF CARRAGHERS
  :buttrock
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:30 am

Good phone in by Carra! Dont care who you are if someone is slagging you off you defend yourself!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Thingy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:54 am

One of the best things Carra said was " Well move on to youre next point, cos that was wrong" Had me in stitches.
Thingy

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:26 pm

England don't deserve JC.

A "flash" player like Ferdinand impresses the masses of idiots who watch the game. It is easy to take for granted the player who does the right things re concentration, positioning etc but the guy who goes missing might do a fancy flick that will have the commentators wetting themselves.

Rio better than JC? what an absolute joke - Rio isn't even the best centre back Manure have.

LFC should now get another 5 years from JC
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sworth26 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:00 pm

one of the funniest things i have heard in a long time!!!!!
sworth26

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion