Carra in the chat room on q & a

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 05, 2006 7:29 pm

Liverpool FC defender Jamie Carragher was in the uefa.com chat room on Friday 5 May. You can read his answers to your questions below.

Moderator: Welcome to Talk Football chat! Jamie Carragher will be joining us at 17.00CET.

Spart: Jamie, would you like your son to become a footballer? And what would you say if he chooses to play for Man Utd or Chelsea?
Jamie Carragher: I'd love him to. It is an incredibly high standard but if he was good enough I wouldn`t mind. I was an Everton fan so wouldn`t stop him if he wanted to play for either of those clubs.

ash: Will you be supporting Arsenal in the Champions League? And where will you watch it? Round Stevie's?
Jamie Carragher: Hopefully if picked in the England squad I will be watching it with them in Portugal. They were very supportive to us as a club last year so hopefully they can borrow the trophy from us.

LiverBRUNEI: As Red supporters, we are concerned about the current situation about investment issues, do you as a player have the same concerns?
Jamie Carragher: Of course the club are looking for investment to enable us to keep up with others such as United and Chelsea, but I get paid very well to play and that is my main concern.

spadams: How impressed have you been with Daniel Agger since he arrived in January and how difficult do you think he will find it to break your partnership with Sami Hyypia next season?
Jamie Carragher: Hopefully he finds it very difficult but we haven't seen much of him due to injuries. He has looked very good in training - like an Alan Hansen type of player.

kingkenny: Are you confident Liverpool can win the title within the next five years?
Jamie Carragher: Yes I'm sure we can; I think we have the right manager and he's proved himself but I hope I don't have to wait that long for a Premiership medal.

KEVOREILLY: France won the World Cup with one striker up front and scored most of their goals from midfield. Do you think that we have put too much emphasis on the Wayne Rooney injury and should think more about using the squad to it's full potential?
Jamie Carragher: There are a lot of plans to go by. Michael Owen alongside Crouch for example or Joe Cole in the Rooney role, Stevie alongside Frank Lampard in a five-man midfield. There's plenty to go by so we'll be OK.

BIG UP CHELSEA FC: Hi Jamie! Do you think England have the same chace of winning the World Cup without Rooney?
Jamie Carragher: It is understandable [to be worried] because Wayne is a world class player. It is no good looking back. We probably have a lesser chance without Wayne but we still have a good chance with the squad that is available.

kingkenny: How delighted are you that Robbie Fowler has got himself a new 12 month contract with the Reds?
Jamie Carragher: Delighted, he's a good friend of mine on and off the pitch. He's a legend at Liverpool and hopefully he can take in to next season what he's shown in the past at Anfield.

LiverBRUNEI: Carra, with the rivalry between Manchester United and Liverpool, how is it going to affect you and the rest of the Liverpool players with Gary Nevlle and Rio around when England players starts training?
Jamie Carragher: It is not a problem despite the rivalry. I've known Rio a long time since the Under-21s and Gary Neville I have great respect for as a player.

MIke Roe: Who do you think you'll end up sharing a room with at the World Cup? What if it's good old Gary Neville?
Jamie Carragher: Sorry but we only get single rooms with England

spadams: What's it like for a player being asked to play in different positions and different systems? Do you ever wonder what the manager is thinking when he changes it around?
Jamie Carragher: Yes of course but I think it's a good idea to play in a number of positions and gain the kind of experience I gained in playing a few different positions at Liverpool.

Jakro: What do you think about Steve McClaren's appointment as England's next manager?
Jamie Carragher: I have worked with him previously and I know him well so hopefully he will pick me from the start from next season.

TomBingham: Hi Jamie mate. I'm a massive Liverpool fan but i know that as a kid you supported Everton. Right now do you still have love for Everton as you did when you were young?
Jamie Carragher: No at the moment that's well gone and I do not have an Everton tattoo.

luke: How difficult are you expecting it to be to start in the defence for England at the World Cup with competition from the likes of Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Sol Campbell and others?
Jamie Carragher: I think John and Rio have the shirts at the moment but if I get the chance I hope I can take it.

Boca: With Robbie getting his new contract today, how about putting in a good word with another short ex-Liverpool striker to see if he would come back to us?
Jamie Carragher: Michael is a Newcastle player now. Michael may be someone the manager is looking at amongst others but any new player is the manager's decision.

juninho: What kind of game do you think we can expect when Arsenal play Barcelona in the Champions League final?
Jamie Carragher: They are probably the two best footballing teams in Europe but it doesn't always work out like that. So it's probably very difficult to tell.

redfan: What manager have you learned the most from in your career?
Jamie Carragher: I would say, on the pitch, Rafa. Off the pitch Gérard Houllier.

IRONS!: What players from West Ham (the team I support) do you fear the most going into the FA Cup Final?
Jamie Carragher: West Ham have a lot of threats. Marlon [Harewood] has had a good season and Ashton is also a threat. We may start as favourites but the cup is famous for upsets. Let's hope not this time though!

spadams: If you had qualified for another country through the granny role would you have considered playing for anyone but England, given the lack of chances you've been given at international level?
Jamie Carragher: I would have had to make that decision early in my career but I have been involved from an early age in the England set-up so playing for another country would have been difficult for me.

adiman: You are a huge football fan. How much time do you spend watching the game on TV and which is your favourite league to watch apart from England?
Jamie Carragher: I'm a very big fan. The Spanish and Italian football is always good to watch and also good to learn things from.

Jamie Carragher: Thanks a lot for your questions. Bye.

Duno whats with all the England questions :Oo: but has Carra dropped a clanger saying Owen is a player Rafa might be looking at?  :D

I dont think it would go down to well with Robbie if Owen came back cause he was practially shoved out the door because of MO.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 05, 2006 7:35 pm

thats quality ciggy. he 'respects gary neville' and : spadams: How impressed have you been with Daniel Agger since he arrived in January and how difficult do you think he will find it to break your partnership with Sami Hyypia next season?
Jamie Carragher: Hopefully he finds it very difficult but we haven't seen much of him due to injuries. He has looked very good in training - like an Alan Hansen type of player.

proper scouse huour, the guy is a legend. gotta respect him and his lack of neverton tattoos!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri May 05, 2006 8:22 pm

Cheers ciggy, would never of known otherwise

The news about Owen possibly returning is good news IMO. We need a goal machine and he's it. End of
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Fri May 05, 2006 8:37 pm

nice one, would never have seen this. I want owen to come back but i dont see it happening..this is were all the endless speculation starts isnt it...  :sleepy:  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Mark 23 » Sat May 06, 2006 3:36 am

I can't see Owen sitting up at Newcastle much longer.
Mark 23

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat May 06, 2006 9:48 am

Thanks for that Ciggy.
The whole Owen thing is interesting. You get the impression that if Carra knew that Rafa wasn't looking at him, he would have reacted differently. But who knows?...
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 06, 2006 12:47 pm

Carragher was in my local on Thursday night doing a trophy presentation for the kids footie team.  For once I wasn't fucking round there.  I missed him.  His Dad was having a pint in there as well about a month back.
jonnymac1979

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat May 06, 2006 2:11 pm

I'm very cynical if that was actually Carragher, it was probably someone from UEFA.com, pretending to be Carragher. If I'm mistaken than Carragher has way too much time on his hands.
48-1119859832

Postby XSD » Sat May 06, 2006 3:56 pm

What, so because he is a football player he can't take an evening out to do a quick presentation in a pub?
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat May 06, 2006 4:02 pm

No, I wasn't on about that I was talking about him answering questions on Uefa's chat room.
48-1119859832

Postby Scottbot » Sat May 06, 2006 5:35 pm

0asis wrote:If I'm mistaken than Carragher has way too much time on his hands.

Footballers have a lot more time on there hands than you, me and the rest of us.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion