Benitez vows to fight on after bad week - ? heard that before

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:39 pm

Rafael Benitez has vowed to keep on fighting after Liverpool's third straight defeat completed his worst week as Reds boss. 
This afternoon's disappointing 2-0 loss against Southampton leaves Liverpool struggling in their quest for Champions League qualification and follows on from the disappointment of defeat against Manchester United last Saturday and Burnley in the FA Cup on Tuesday.

First half goals from David Prutton and Peter Crouch secured the points for the Saints today and despondent Benitez said afterwards: "It's been a bad week for us but we now need to look ahead to our next game. It's the only thing we can do at this moment.

"We need to be stronger early on when we are playing away from home. We conceded two early goals here and when that happens, it is very difficult afterwards. We played better in the second half and had more opportunities but could not score.

"I know the fans will be deeply disappointed, just as we are. My message to them is that we just have to keep on trying and keep on fighting." 

hmmm i heard managers say that just before they leave the club.
i think that if we dont start to win soon he will be off
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:41 pm

To Benitez:
82-1074641017

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:42 pm

lol well i think he has kissed goodbye to any chance of getting the Real job with the way he has managed over here so far.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:46 pm

You fellas are on a wind-up right? Everyone knows we're strapped for cash, so you reckon giving Rafa the 25 million we have already given him to buy players, and then sacking him after six months is a good call. Two weeks ago we played Chelski off the park and he was a hero. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, and none of ours make any difference anyway but I wonder where the club would be if we followed the doctrine of yous two?
Sorry for over-reacting, I guess you're both just on a wind-up. :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:47 pm

Its not good enough, we never accepted this under Evans or Souness, and we got rid of Houllier because the league performances were not good enough, so why accept it under Benitez, definately time for a change, today proved that

Legend Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:02 pm

just been listening to some of the footbal phone ins and it seem a lot of fans are not happy with him and would like him to go.
i can not see him going but he has a target to meet this year and if he dont meet that than the club can get rid of him if they feel fit to do so , rafa know this as it was in his contract
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:05 pm

lakes10 wrote:just been listening to some of the footbal phone ins and it seem a lot of fans are not happy with him and would like him to go.
i can not see him going but he has a target to meet this year and if he dont meet that than the club can get rid of him if they feel fit to do so , rafa know this as it was in his contract

That's a load of bollock ever I heard!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:10 pm

Stan Laurel wrote:
lakes10 wrote:just been listening to some of the footbal phone ins and it seem a lot of fans are not happy with him and would like him to go.

That's a load of bollock ever I heard!!

er no its not , he was told that he had targets to meet, lets face it liverpool did not know what he was going to be like , they might not have got on with him and he could have got us knock out of the fa cup  in our first game or he could be so bad thatr the blues could be above us , or we could keep lossing to man u...........oh hold on has that not just been happening
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:32 pm

I cant believe what im hearing here guys, that is quite sad that you feel like that...and i mean sad as in sick. Getting f*cking life!

You guys cant deny that Benitez is doing extremely well with the mess Houllier left him to deal with. We are playing good football now with a well under strenght team - although it was a pretty strong team today. Also slating Gerrard in another thread is ludacris, he was injured leading up to the game, he just about passed a late fitness test and was not 100% match fit and you stilled ragged on him.

You guys are expecting too much too early. Period.

WE are LIVERPOOL, not Chelsea, we cant buy our way out of these situations. We have to deal with it with what we have got.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:38 pm

ok but do you know what would have made me happy ...if we had got the spanish players and we had used the young players to fill the places than we could say ok it a young team and it will get better , but no we are told he is buying the best players ...yet non of them have been making it into the first team of the club thats just sold them ... that must tell us somthing about the players.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:48 pm

JUST ****** OFF!!

You are not real Liverpool supporter!!

Just clear off and go support Chelsea!!!

You are really ****** me off, ffs!!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby frankg3420tn » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:58 pm

My problem is that I am deeply dissapointed in the team fielded against Burnley.  I feel it was an insult to Burnley and a similar insult to the fans.  It was obvious in the first few minutes that the team was completely inadequate and I feel the paying fans are entitled to better treatment.  By the showing at Southampton, what good did 'resting' the first team players accomplish.  One more thing like that and I am through with you Mr Benitez.
frankg3420tn

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:05 pm

Stan Laurel wrote:JUST ****** OFF!!

You are not real Liverpool supporter!!

Just clear off and go support Chelsea!!!

You are really ****** me off, ffs!!!

Well said Stan :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:18 pm

The only thing Rafa is fit to manage is his dole money, bring in Martin O'Neill he is the right man for the job :cool:

Legend Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:33 pm

Martin O'Neil?! Now I've heard it all.

Today's performance had nothing to do with the manager, as far I see it he's doing the best he can in his first season however our players are not even trying anymore. They need a wake up call and so do fans who want instant success.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion