Benitez vows to fight on after bad week - ? heard that before

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:42 pm

A.B. wrote:Today's performance had nothing to do with the manager, as far I see it he's doing the best he can in his first season however our players are not even trying anymore. They need a wake up call and so do fans who want instant success.

Ya wha?

So, theoretically, if the players got us relegated it has nothing to do with Benitez?

Benitez' (or any managers') job is to put a side out that can beat the opposition more often than not and win silverware.

He does this by picking a side form the players in his squad, putting them into a formation, instructing them tactically before and during a game, and generally motivating and directing them as the game is played. If a team loses, the manager can't say "Its not my fault, they didn't do what I told them to do". Ok, maybe a successful manager might say that and get away with it 3 or 4 times a season, but no more.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:45 pm

Stan Laurel wrote:JUST ****** OFF!!

You are not real Liverpool supporter!!

Just clear off and go support Chelsea!!!

You are really ****** me off, ffs!!!

hmm now i am being  not to be a Liverpool supporter for just saying that i dont love the manager? no i dont think he is doing a good job right now but lets hope he can turn it around.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:49 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
A.B. wrote:Today's performance had nothing to do with the manager, as far I see it he's doing the best he can in his first season however our players are not even trying anymore. They need a wake up call and so do fans who want instant success.

Ya wha?

So, theoretically, if the players got us relegated it has nothing to do with Benitez?

Benitez' (or any managers') job is to put a side out that can beat the opposition more often than not and win silverware.

He does this by picking a side form the players in his squad, putting them into a formation, instructing them tactically before and during a game, and generally motivating and directing them as the game is played. If a team loses, the manager can't say "Its not my fault, they didn't do what I told them to do". Ok, maybe a successful manager might say that and get away with it 3 or 4 times a season, but no more.

Do you realize that we have almost every other player injured? So lets say that we had a full fit squad and they played poorely today, what then? I saw no passion today in the players. Rafa has made mistakes but so has any other manager in his first year. Martin Jol went through a 5 game loss and all fans wanted his head, after that Tottenham got 13 out of 15 points.

All managers have made mistakes in their first season but when the players play with no passion can you blame the manager?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:29 pm

AB, your facts are often miles off the target.

Martin Jol did not lose his first 5 games at Spurs.

I'm not going overboard with criticism of Benitez, but you and a few others have said that Benitez was not to be responsible for recent defeats.

Yes, we have injuries, but on paper today we had a fairly strong side out there, and it just didn't perform. I know the players aren't above criticism and at the end of the day its them out there on the pitch playing the football, but the manager's job is to train, select, motivate and organise the players, and in the past week Benitez has failed in his job.

I still think he is the man for us, but we must dispel the notion that criticism of the club and manager is disloyalty, when its not always the case.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:31 pm

A.B. wrote:Martin O'Neil?! Now I've heard it all.

Today's performance had nothing to do with the manager, as far I see it he's doing the best he can in his first season however our players are not even trying anymore. They need a wake up call and so do fans who want instant success.

Well surely if hes the right man for the job the players would be trying and wanting to play well under him.
If they are not trying and the manager is accepting it then its not right is it?

Legend Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:43 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:AB, your facts are often miles off the target.

Martin Jol did not lose his first 5 games at Spurs.

I'm not going overboard with criticism of Benitez, but you and a few others have said that Benitez was not to be responsible for recent defeats.

Yes, we have injuries, but on paper today we had a fairly strong side out there, and it just didn't perform. I know the players aren't above criticism and at the end of the day its them out there on the pitch playing the football, but the manager's job is to train, select, motivate and organise the players, and in the past week Benitez has failed in his job.

I still think he is the man for us, but we must dispel the notion that criticism of the club and manager is disloyalty, when its not always the case.

"Martin Jol did not lose his first 5 games at Spurs."

I beg to differ. After their first manager was sacked they lost the next four or five fixtures. Charlton,Arsenal,us,etc... but thats not the point.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:45 pm

Roberts wrote:
A.B. wrote:Martin O'Neil?! Now I've heard it all.

Today's performance had nothing to do with the manager, as far I see it he's doing the best he can in his first season however our players are not even trying anymore. They need a wake up call and so do fans who want instant success.

Well surely if hes the right man for the job the players would be trying and wanting to play well under him.

Legend Roberts

How do you explain our performance against Arsenal? Our performance against Chelsea? Let's face it, our players are inconsistant. They have a hard time playing as a team when its needed the most.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:46 pm

Spurs
A Sat 30 Oct Fulham PREM. 2 - 0 Lost 
November 2004
H Sat 06 Nov Charlton Athletic PREM. 2 - 3 Lost 
A Tue 09 Nov Burnley C.C. 0 - 3 Won 
H Sat 13 Nov Arsenal PREM. 4 - 5 Lost 
A Mon 22 Nov Aston Villa PREM. 1 - 0 Lost 
H Sun 28 Nov Middlesbrough PREM. 2 - 0 Won 
December 2004
H Wed 01 Dec Liverpool
(Liverpool win 4-3 on penalties)  C.C. 1 - 1 Draw
Last edited by lakes10 on Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:51 pm

lakes10 wrote:Spurs
November 2004
December 2004
H Wed 01 Dec Liverpool

So much for trusting Sky pundits.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:52 pm

A.B. wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Spurs
November 2004
December 2004
H Wed 01 Dec Liverpool

So much for trusting Sky pundits.

pmsl
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:34 am

Roberts wrote:Its not good enough, we never accepted this under Evans or Souness, and we got rid of Houllier because the league performances were not good enough, so why accept it under Benitez, definately time for a change, today proved that

Legend Roberts

Oi legend.. looks like th sh*t has entered your brain and penetrated Lakes too... that Exit sign is apt for you two.. repsect the Boss and his pedigree.. if he can't lead us to glory ... no-one can
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:37 am

Roberts wrote:The only thing Rafa is fit to manage is his dole money, bring in Martin O'Neill he is the right man for the job :cool:

Legend Roberts

:angry:  :angry:  :angry: full of sh*t yet again... at least Roberts is consistant in sputing it ...

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:18 am

zarababe wrote:
Roberts wrote:Its not good enough, we never accepted this under Evans or Souness, and we got rid of Houllier because the league performances were not good enough, so why accept it under Benitez, definately time for a change, today proved that

Legend Roberts

Oi legend.. looks like th sh*t has entered your brain and penetrated Lakes too... that Exit sign is apt for you two.. repsect the Boss and his pedigree.. if he can't lead us to glory ... no-one can

If he cant lead us to glory they should bring in someone who can, its that bad now our fans are accepting sh1t :angry:

Legend Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:19 am

:angry: :angry:

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:26 am

Supposedly Martin O'Neil can bring us that success yet he couldn't get Celtic into the top 16 in the CL. SPL is a p1ss poor league anyways.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion