Benitez hails great performance

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:51 am

Also, good for Morrientes to open his goalscoring book in England. He is a fantastic player and i have been impressed by his willingness to to work for it - run, scrap, fight for headers etc. he is showing great effort, hopefully the inconsistent Garcia will learn a thing or two about persistence from Morrientes.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:36 pm

Dalglish wrote:Quite possibly the most significant result of the season so far as LFC come from behind to stop the rot and get back on track for a serious challenge to Everton's current 4th standing.

Everton go to an improved Blackburn tomorrow and I reckon a  draw is the most likely result.

I throught they play Norwich  :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:42 pm

We are not scoring enough goals!!
Red_Si

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:21 pm

We're ranked 5th as far as the amount of goals scored.

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Man Utd
4. Boro
5. Liverpool
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:26 pm

i thought we played fantastic last night, non stop pressure, second half especially. morientez is gaining confidence with every game. garcia is looking better and is getting stuck in and risse is doing his job. stevie, baros and carragher are working like mad and even traore has stopped fluffing about and is just doing his job. a nice all round performance. possibly the one point id make is we need to win more in the air but it was a terrific away performance, and as rafa says, the best in 40 years! :p  (well, 3 points in the bag anyways)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:30 pm

One of the encouraging things about last night was that we went behind, but composed ourselves and laid siege to the Charlton goal.

I call this "turning the screw" and it amounts to us going up a few gears by constantly recycling possession and setting up attacks on the opposition goal. All good teams can "turn the screw", most notably Man UTD under Ferguson.

As good as we were under Houllier there was very little screw turning going on.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:32 pm

Well said.
[Happy birthday sh1t head :D ]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous