Benitez and the history of lfc - ....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:00 pm

during the post game interviews today Benitez was asked what he thought about the fact that this was the first time liverpool had conceded 4 at anfield for so many years. his reply was to the effect of 'no, not really. the important thing is that we lost 3 points'.

while in terms of the league he's absolutely right, in the greater scheme of things i'm not so sure. if this had happened during the reign of shankley and we'd lost a similar record i'm sure the response would have been very very different. he knew what liverpool football club is all about - the Kop, the anfield roar, the 'this is anfield' placque, the ground that everyone hates to come to. the signs that we are a great club with a great history and a great future. these are feelings that need to be upheld and are vitally important to LFC.

does benitez really recognise these facts? would we be better saying that with him we turn over a new leaf and start again? or do we need to have a belief around the club that these traditions are sacred and that to  concede 4 at home is more than just 3 points lost?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:21 pm

1992 was the last time we conceded 4 at home to Chesterfield.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1106852058 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:06 pm

Three points,I couldnt give a donald about three points.What p!ssed me off was the way the question was dissmissed.Senor Benitez,have a look on your pay cheque,you are employed by Liverpool football club.The greatest football club in the world.A club built on tradition,dignity and success.Of course we all wanted three points,but I would rather be in our position a club with a great History and a great future,than a club like Chelsea.The result was a smack in the teeth but we will get over it.

Liverpool over the years has had a policy of appointing managers from within,thus ensuring a familiarity with our history and tradition.Whilst excuses can be made for Rafa regarding our tradition and the importance of it,to me it must be upheld.Our club LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB is not some flash in the pan outfit who win a major trophy every fifty years.Rafa was obviously
as upset as we were with the result and possibly made an off the cuff remark,Iwould like to think so
84-1106852058

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:12 pm

this is why he has always been the wrong man for the club in my view
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scally sally » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:14 pm

Rafa's got to go - he's out of his depth as is Crouch, Warnock, Garcia....the list goes on. We're paying Stevie more than any other clubs highest paid player including Barca and Chelsea and even he's not doing the business...FFS
scally sally

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:22 pm

Who do you suggest that we bring in? Martin O'Neil, Alan Curbeshly, Fat Sam?? :laugh: Feck off to the cave you crawled out from.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:24 pm

lakes10 wrote:this is why he has always been the wrong man for the club in my view

It's very easy for you to say that isn't it. You've been waiting for this kind of freak result so you can go on about how Benitez is the wrong man for the job. But I'll bet that you weren't thinking about him being the wrong man for the job after the game in Istanbul.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:24 pm

well it looks like fat sam is going to be the next england boss
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:28 pm

A.B. wrote:
lakes10 wrote:this is why he has always been the wrong man for the club in my view

It's very easy for you to say that isn't it. You've been waiting for this kind of freak result so you can go on about how Benitez is the wrong man for the job. But I'll bet that you weren't thinking about him being the wrong man for the job after the game in Istanbul.

i have never waited to say this, i have been saying it from the start, and if you would like to look back at my post on the night we won the cl you will see that i posted that he was a great euro manager but still not a good prem manager and he has to learn a lot, i think i also said that i still did not think he was the right man then aswell. but like me most of us on here that night was p*** so you might not remember that
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:32 pm

i am not getting into this tonight, i have stoped myself from saying "GET HIM OUT" as i have been trying to put it a better way over the last few weeks...but let hope the liverpool board kick his butt all around the ground and we will see if he understands liverpool fc a bit better after that.
good night
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1106852058 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:32 pm

lakes I respect you,you have never wavered from your opinion,but in my own humble opinion you are talking Bollox. :p
84-1106852058

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:40 pm

I second that Red Baron. This is his second season in the Premiership, six games into the season we've lost a game and we're talking about Benitez being the wrong man for the job.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 84-1106852058 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:13 pm

scally sally wrote:Rafa's got to go - he's out of his depth as is Crouch, Warnock, Garcia....the list goes on. We're paying Stevie more than any other clubs highest paid player including Barca and Chelsea and even he's not doing the business...FFS

At the risk of being called a sexist;

Knit one pearl one.
84-1106852058

Postby HantsRed » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:26 pm

Complete over reaction to say Rafa should be out. Liverpool fans have a reputation for being knowledgable and not being fickle so lets keep it that way.

Until today we had not looked like losing a game this season and the difference today was not as big as the scoreline suggests. And we dominated the game in mid-week.

What we now need (in addition to a couple of decent defenders!) is to get right behind the boys, pick them up and banish today's result from their memory, not get on their backs even if that may be easier said than done.
HantsRed

Postby zarababe » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:31 pm

Benitez is fully aware of the history of this club, the traditions and what winning means. If a reporter is asking such a question of course he is going to deflect such a question, what do u expect him to say.. This has been a bad result, but our performance was not. Even that as.s Maureen acknoweldged that.

Benitez is the right man for the job and it;'s disgraceful that people question his ability, of the back of one freak result. Yes we need to score goals and win games, when it starts to happen i'd like to see how many of you will be singing the same tune..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion