If you know your history........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:44 am

i was just looking back through the old posts to the period when we were first linked with, then ultimately went on to sign crouchie and it was really interesting reading the different views at the time.
then it str.u.ck me how valuable these types of websites will be in the future to fans not even born yet. wouldnt it be great to just scroll right through the years back to 1892 and look at pages and pages of fans opinions on subjects like the ground dispute with everton, the signing of ron yeats or the retirement of billy liddell? or what people thought when shankly was appointed manager? opinions without the benefit of hindsight are often very interesting reading and even i remember when we signed daglish everyone was saying `he`ll never be as good as keegan` and `he`s too slow`.
these pages could become important historical documents like the magna carta or something. better brush up on my spelling then  :laugh:
just wondered if anyone had any thoughts?

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby mighty mo » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:22 am

did they have  the internet in 1892  :D

i just wanted to make my 1000 post,sorry about not taking it seriously enough
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:37 am

Its a great point and it certainly will be interesting to look back on assuming internet technology is not superceded by something else.  Cant't help thankingthat most will wonder what the fuc.k "yckatbjywtbiastkamb" means though! :D
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:24 am

in 100 years time people will look at this forum and think what aload of moaning gets :D :D :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:08 pm

Good point yicky.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:10 pm

Tis a very good point, I'd love to read people opinions from back in the day, their would have been the odd rumour though with the 'Molby seen in g3y nightclub' incident :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:10 pm

TheoRacle wrote:Cant't help thankingthat most will wonder what the fuc.k "yckatbjywtbiastkamb" means though! :D

You Can Kill All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird.

It's in his signature.
jonnymac1979

Postby drummerphil » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:20 pm

my fight with Chelsea forever will live  in forum folklore......:laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:38 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:in 100 years time people will look at this forum and think what aload of moaning gets :D :D :D

your not wrong either  :D
but seriously it was weird reading the posts about crouchies signing, i know hindsights a great thing but some posts were not just against the deal but bordered on being abusive towards the fella.
i think a lot of people these days think a team should consist of 11 superstar names.
you only have to look at gerrard to see what he thinks about crouchie. gerrards not one to suffer fools gladly and i`ve often seen him show his displeasure at various players on the pitch both verbally and with his body language. but with crouchie he`s always jumping on his back laughing and giving it high fives, he even waded into alan shearer for pushing crouchie in the back!! even before he knocked a few goals in i think the big fella had impressed everyone in training with his ability and i know he missed the subsequent shot but that little cameo in the world club championship where he lobbed the defender but volleyed over was absolute class, if ronaldinho had done it we`d all be raving about it.
crouch is not just a liverpool player he`s a vital one, if we had a big final to play tomorrow and someone said crouch is injured i`d be gutted, i suspect most if not all reds would be, i think its great credit to the big fella`s ability and character that he didnt let his head drop when things were`nt going for him like when he missed that pen. we need that type of character at the club.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby DrTNT » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:04 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
TheoRacle wrote:Cant't help thankingthat most will wonder what the fuc.k "yckatbjywtbiastkamb" means though! :D

You Can Kill All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird.

It's in his signature.

Actually its says: You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird.  :upside:
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby lakes10 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:09 pm

lol i just looked at my old post about peter, looks like i was happy that we got him.....even happier now lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:12 pm

If anyone does get round to archiving this site, can they please edit out any reference to that whole "Kevin Beattie" running joke.

Dear god that whole thing got real old. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby lakes10 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:If anyone does get round to archiving this site, can they please edit out any reference to that whole "Kevin Beattie" running joke.

Dear god that whole thing got real old. :D

lol look out you might have just started it again lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:17 pm

Oh f**king hell. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:31 am

A great point. It could provide a link between the different footballing era's.

It would be good to read what the "Lando/Judge/CIGGY/Drummerphil(I remembered you!!!!! :D  )/JMAC," etc of 1892 would have said. Just as the fans of 2100+ will no doubt feel about us, the class of the 2000's!!!!! :D

Here is my message to the fans of the future:

Man U, Sh*tski and Everton are all a pile of b*llocks, and must be hated for the rest of football's time.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion