Away form - Why does it suck?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:35 pm

I don't normally stick around on this forum after a loss coz everyone generally uses the place to spout bol.lox and unload their anger till they calm down (which is fair enough) but i've got a stack of marking to get through and won't be watching MOTD so this place is about as exciting as my evening gets tonight. Great huh :(

We've spent the season talking about how inconsistent we are and what a 'jekyl an hyde' team we have. Trawl through the Juve thread and you will find several people (myself included) expecting to beat Juve then go out and lose against City.

The fact is. We've not been inconsistant at all. Just awesome at home and awful away. With away wins against West Brom, Charlton and Norwich the only creditable performances to date why is it we can go away in Europe and pick up wins in Deportivo and Leverkusen but can't get a kick at St.Marys or St.Andrews.

I'm pretty baffled by it. Is it something in the players' mentality? can we not play on the break? We certainly manage in Europe. Does the manager tinker to much for away games. not sure i have a clue. Answers on a postcard.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:31 pm

im lost for words really ..
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:44 pm

WHERE THE ****** WAS GERARRD? ALL THIS CHELSEA RUMOUR IN THE MIRROR GETTING 2 HIM? SPEAKING OF 2`S THE SCUM ARE 2 DOWN 2 NORWICH, THE ONLY GOOD TING ABOUT 2DAY.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:45 pm

thanks for posting that. I didn't know an its just put a big cheey cheshire cat grin on mi face :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:52 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:WHERE THE ****** WAS GERARRD? ALL THIS CHELSEA RUMOUR IN THE MIRROR GETTING 2 HIM? SPEAKING OF 2`S THE SCUM ARE 2 DOWN 2 NORWICH, THE ONLY GOOD TING ABOUT 2DAY.

there`s eleven players in a team mate, not one.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:55 pm

True but he should be better than that, as they all should buthe stands out beacuse he`s been brilliant.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:19 pm

When a team has such mixed form, and most do, its natural to look for answers, but the thing is no one has a god damn clue. Rafa himself along with everyone at the club must be scratching their heads. All you can do is keep on working and hope you manage to turn it around. On the flipside, we will prob go and beat Juventus now so go figure  ???
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby L-type » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:32 pm

As a rebuttal to this waste of the thread.  Fans, why are they so moody !!!  Cal;m down it was just a game, and as was said before me, we will probably go and rape and pillage juventus next week, so calm down
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Iceman69 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:56 pm

we have been a load of tosh in the premiership lately anyway, like today, against Bolton, against blackburn etc, so thats why i was surprised that we put up such a good display against Juventus.

if we play like this on wednesday, we can kiss our season goodbye.

cause i dont think we will get 4th anyway.
Iceman69

Postby L-type » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:46 pm

woohoo way to get behind the players !!
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:28 pm

Iceman69 wrote:we have been a load of tosh in the premiership lately anyway, like today, against Bolton, against blackburn etc, so thats why i was surprised that we put up such a good display against Juventus.

if we play like this on wednesday, we can kiss our season goodbye.

cause i dont think we will get 4th anyway.

Why are you mentioning Bolton? Our performance wasn't great but we won the game.

It's easy to talk about the games you lose such as the one today,Southampton,Birmingham,Newcastle, but why don't you mention the 15 games we've won?

Our Champions League form is far better than our League form obiviously but we have no idea why our players can only raise their game in CL and not be able to do it consistantly in the league.

Whats been done has been done, now we have to bounce back at home when we play Tottenham, a game we can not afford to lose, or any for that matter.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion