Are we good enough?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby cheesecakery » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:03 pm

really setting the prem alight arent we? :D

and Gerald Howlier reckoned we played 'great'
cus we never let any in! :D

and whats this bollux about this diamond formation??

perhaps we should sign hoddle and waddle :D  :D

they can sing while the rest of the team line dances  :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby azriahmad » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:15 pm

Do you want the real truth?
I love Liverpool to death, have been suffering silently all this while with the title barren since 1990 but lately, my anguish is no longer silent due to the $tup!d excuses given by Houller about how the team is improving when we are actually playing cr#p, game after game.
This Saturday its Everton at Goodison. We all know how Everton rises above their normal selves when they play Liverpool, what more with our current inability to score from open play. Perhaps we should play Diouf from the start and get him to dive a couple of times in the Everton box to get penalties to win the match.
Everton is on a roll with 2 victories compared to Liverpool with...zilch. We'd be mince meat against them!
Perhaps we will have a "fantastic game" if we manage to shut them down!
Come on! Liverpool should only pride themselves with good dominating wins, not when we play like the away team at Anfield but having the manager ecstatic when we manage a total shut out against the opposition. How much longer is this joke going to continue? Is this French humor? I fail to see the humor in this...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BLONDE BIATCHIO » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:54 pm

new manager, new manager, new manager - a team is only as good as their manager - he is not delivering and therefore needs replacing!!

also a new colour strip wouldnt go a miss - red is lovely but doesnt suit everyone, also draws attention - its too showy, maybe a nice lemon, pink even!!!
BLONDE BIATCHIO

Postby DAV » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:01 pm

3 games 1 goal 2 points
with this form we should easy make it into the champions league
what was i thinking houlier is the right man for the job
he's a tactical genious
leeds and australia have never seen kewells potential
think about it
the oppositions team talk before the game
they would have some marking him on the left hand side and up he pops on the right or in defence or in the net
also none of the opposition managers could scout us or our players
because they wouldnt have heard of them let alone no what position they play
long live houlier may he be in charge for another 10 years
or untill he gets fired which hopefully is sooner rather than later
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:41 am

I think Gaz is right. All this time, I have been critising Houllier for his tactical $tup!d!ty; when actually he is a genius! Imagine playing players out of position so that opposition scouts will have a tough time and get confused when scounting ahead of games against Liverpool. They won't know our game plan and tactics and strategies.
Who will play on the left? Who will lead the attack?
The only thing is that Houllier's tactical "genius" is far too advanced that I suspect the Liverpool players are the ones who get utterly confused most of the time (it is becoming ALL of the time from this season onward), which explains why they are so inept and can't score even with a guided missile!
We fans should be more patient and give Mr. Houllier another 5 years to iron out the confucion among the players...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:54 am

gh should be given an OBE for is forward thinking in football. His ideas are 100 years before there time.
I'm sure one day we will see Brazil playing the same way.
None of this boring attacking football, scoring loads goals and producing the worlds best players and winning everything in site.
gh knows its not what the fans want.
I agree with him totally.
I'd sooner spend my money watching boring defenceive football. Its not the winning and scoring goals that counts.
It's how many dull uncreative players from France you can pack into a team that makes a great manager.
Weve had good managers in the past shankley,paisley,fagan,dalglish but i think gh will go down in history as the greatest.
He has another 5 year plan
To win the third division
Liverpool have won europe,the league loads of cups in the past but never the vauxhall conference league title.
So give the guy a chance and im sure we will have this vauxhall conference league title .
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:31 pm

Our squad is as good as any,it's the manner in which you employ them to play the game that's the crucial difference between us and the likes of Arsenal,Manu,Newcastle and Chelsea.If Houllier gives our lads the chance to express their attacking abilities,as they did Wenesday,I'm sure we might just mount a reasonable challenge.Optimism has re-surfaced,must be the weather!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby oldredeyes » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:25 pm

We have to keep believing things will improve. It's happened before! I'm looking at an old black and white photo of one of the old great teams. Chris Lawler(now there was a good attacking full back - 20 goals in one season), Willie Stevenson, probably the best leftsided midfield player I'll ever see (Jim Baxter was just slightly better than him), Gerry(played the cup final with a broken collar bone) Byrne and lovely old Roger Hunt(talk about goalscorers). I think this photo was taken just after Shanks changed the kit from red shirts and white shorts to all red. Shanks thought the all red strip would make them look even more awesome - and it did. Happy memories, great teams. Here's a suggestion GH! Gives us back the white shorts and we'll start again. Good luck tomorrow lads!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion