Are our strikers clinical enough - In front of goal ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:54 am

mighty mo wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:After watching some of our recent performances Everton, Chelsea and Newcastle especially. This question has been brought to my mind, between Bellamy, Crouch and Kuyt none of them look as though they've got the poachers instinct. This worried me a bit when we where one nil up to the barcodes and Bellamy was clean through on goal, only to chip his effort wide of the post. I told myself 'if that had been against ManU or someone like Chelsea we may of paid for those misses'. Kuyt also squandered some decent opportunities.
At stamford bridge he hit the bar in the first half and opted for power, maybe a touch more composure and we'd of been one up at half time instead of one down. Credit to Kuyt for taking his goal but to be fair to all three of our regular forwards they dont look like the Rush's or the Linekars of the world and that maybe a cause for concern when the goals dry up from else where on the pitch.
At the moment what is shining out about our forwards is there workrate, its obvious Rafa likes a 'grafter' of a player. But sometimes I'd give-up some of that for a little more composure or quality in front of goal.

well dirk kuyt looked clinical enough in his last 2 games :D

What about Bellamy though ?  :D
66-1112520797

Postby Owzat » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:21 pm

I doubt any of our strikers will get 20 (league) goals this season as Rafa will rotate. Bellamy badly needs to net one soon but Kuyt certainly looks the real deal. Maybe he needs to be a bit more clinical but he's looking to be the pick of the summer buys.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion