Alonso - He's on his way ( fingers crossed )

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:25 pm

...fair point. Just wondered.

I cant wait for the season to start!!!!

Oh hang on, it has!

:kungfu:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:08 pm

This should start our season...... Now if we only can get :

1)quality striker
2)Pacy & Mobile Center Back
3)If got spare case, a right midfielder.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zackboxer » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:22 pm

Apologies if this has already been posted on this forum somewhere, haven't seen it but it might have been.
Just came across an article about a week or so old when the Viera move to Madrid was still on and saw what Michel had to say about Alonso.

But Bernabeu great Michel says the club should instead acquire rising Spanish star Xabi Alonso of Real Sociedad.
"I don't think Patrick Vieira would be a good signing for Real Madrid," he saidional.
"I think the money that is being quoted doesn't correspond with what the player could offer, either fitness wise or talent wise.
"I would rather Real Madrid sign Xabi Alonso, because Xabi Alonso can do everything.
"Xabi Alonso can do what Patrick Vieira can do and much more, while Vieira can't do what Xabi Alonso can do."
Alonso has been strongly linked with Madrid since the end of last season but Real have so far not met the Basque club's asking price which was initially thought to be 15million euros (£10million).

If he half as good as that he'll be a good signing!  :)
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:38 pm

zackboxer wrote:Apologies if this has already been posted on this forum somewhere, haven't seen it but it might have been.
Just came across an article about a week or so old when the Viera move to Madrid was still on and saw what Michel had to say about Alonso.

But Bernabeu great Michel says the club should instead acquire rising Spanish star Xabi Alonso of Real Sociedad.
"I don't think Patrick Vieira would be a good signing for Real Madrid," he saidional.
"I think the money that is being quoted doesn't correspond with what the player could offer, either fitness wise or talent wise.
"I would rather Real Madrid sign Xabi Alonso, because Xabi Alonso can do everything.
"Xabi Alonso can do what Patrick Vieira can do and much more, while Vieira can't do what Xabi Alonso can do."
Alonso has been strongly linked with Madrid since the end of last season but Real have so far not met the Basque club's asking price which was initially thought to be 15million euros (£10million).

If he half as good as that he'll be a good signing!  :)

Slightly worrying given Real's history of "not" going for players.

Be relieved to see signature on contract.
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:48 pm

Its good to hear that Alonso is heading our way however why are we paying the same amount that we sould Owen? Isn't Owen a better player than Alonso?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby barnesrush » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:40 pm

yeah but owen only had 10 months on his contract
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby fritzylfc » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:39 pm

alonso is a class act lets hope he does put pen to paper latest is  he,s close to signing. :) :)
fritzylfc

Postby zarababe » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:47 pm

ckay wrote:
zarababe wrote:Yes Alonso's coming .. and pounds is only used in Engerrland.. so whose got the monoploy money now Aye :p :D

Just cus we haven't jumped on the band waggon and become part of the United States of Europe.

Yes... and    ??? 

That's an awful lot of monopoly money knocking around.. :D

Sterling is the best KEEP THE POUND or I'll go on strike and not spend me money ..maa   :p  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:50 pm

"United States of Europe" funny yet true.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby RedorDead » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:36 pm

Just really hope he signs now...like someone said Real Madrid saying they are "not" going to sign someone means absolutely f**k all!!! Just get his signature and I reckon with Josemi and Alonso for a combined £12mill (pounds NOT Euros) we will have some of the best business in the premiership!!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:42 pm

We sure will, I hope it happens.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby policy » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:27 am

A.B. wrote:"United States of Europe" funny yet true.

:laugh:  Did someone say that United States of America?
:cool:
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby jordantoh » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:52 am

Alonso's arrival will turn LFC from CPL spot challenager to a genuine Title team... hope this is not the end of Rafa's plans of strengthening the squad.. coz they are still areas which need further improving....
jordantoh

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:57 am

from soccernet.com

Monday, August 16, 2004

Alonso to complete Liverpool switch

MADRID, Aug 16 (Reuters) - Real Sociedad midfielder Xabi Alonso is on the verge of a move to Liverpool, the Primera Liga club said on Monday.
'The deal is still not done, but it's well on its way to being concluded,' Sociedad coach Jose Mari Amorrortu said. 'We are going to be working without Xabi this week and we will be looking at ways in which the team can adapt without him.

'He has grown up at the club and it is important that a Sociedad player has been presented with a chance like this, but it is not the first time that something like this has happened.'

Spanish media reported Liverpool have made a £12million offer for the highly rated 22-year-old midfielder who has won 11 caps for Spain and is in the squad for this week's friendly international against Venezuela.

Liverpool have already signed two Spanish players since former Valencia coach Rafael Benitez took charge at Anfield.

Malaga defender Josemi joined the club last month and Real Madrid midfielder Antonio Nunez will be signing for the Merseysiders as part of an exchange deal that had striker Michael Owen move to the Bernabeu.

good news, looks imminent, will really strengthen our midfield, and hopefully Nunez can surprise us all and turn out to be a very good signing.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:41 pm

I am eager to see if this is actualy true, just waiting for it to be officialy announced.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion