Alonso and garcia - Doubtful for betis match

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:13 am

Just heard on the radio, that Alonso and Garcia are unlikely to play against Betis due to injury.
They said Xabi has knee trouble and I missed Luis' injury, I have looked for any links, as of yet cant find any!!  Please post them if you find please!

Dont think this is too much of a problem, as we still ave Didi and Momo to step in and fill the gap in the centre, though we will lose the concise passing of Alonso, which is even more devastating in the CL, because he gets more time on the ball.

In all honesty, I really am not worried by the loss of Garcia, as it may mean we go 4-4-2, but the more I think about it, te more likely we are to play 5-4-1, with Didi/Momo/Gerrard all starting and with Cisse on the right and probably Mori upfront on his own!
76-1115222408

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:17 am

On the offal it says they will probably be ok, Luis got a bruised hip, so he should return, "fingers crossed", Zenden played excellent on saturday so if Xabi is injured play Zenden in midfield and Kewell on the wing.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:26 am

Yea, giving Zenden a run in the middle could be an idea, thing is how would you play it Lynds?  4-4-2 with Gerrad sitting, or a 5-4-1 with Momo/Didi Sitting and Zenden and SG pushing on?

Would be good to see Bolo there, as it will show if he really is another option for the centre, but just worried as to the best way to get it to work!
76-1115222408

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:33 am

TBH Sissoko has been a bit eratic of late, and Hamann has all the experience in the world, I would play Sissoko next week against City he's tough and just the type of player for that game, I am sure Sissoko has 2 yellows in the CL so far, and Luis also.
So it would'nt hurt us not playing Sissoko, Gerrards best positon is CM, Cisse''s got a cob on getting put out wide, but as rafa said the players should take a leaf out the captains book and work for the team and rightly so.
dont think Crouch will start he will probably be on the bench.
So....................
                              Reina
Finnan           Carra              Hyypia           Riise/Warnock
Gerrard          Hamann           Xabi/Zenden         Kewell
                         Garcia
                                 Morientes.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:40 am

Betis"s forward Dani is out for a month, I dont know anything about him, maybe Sabre can tell us if this is a big loss for Betis?

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:13 pm

Phew, I was somewhat concerned about the injuries reports I got from lat match. At least, it seems is not "bad" injuries and won't take'em more than one game.

We should be able to play without Alonso or LG. Hamman is a player I value, although many seem to bet for Sissoko. He's not a virtuous player, but he definitely makes things ok

Sabre

Dani, is a joke. It's a great loss for Betis, more because they have no strikers than because he's good. He only scores sitters, hasn't strenght to struggle with the centre backs, and he's  a proffesional diver.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:34 pm

I just hope that Kewell can bring some of the form and flair from the Australian/Uruguayan match.
Last edited by AussieKopite on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:43 pm

Dani is the one who scored against us and Chelsea, so in a way he is an important player to Betis.

The Times:
Liverpool expect to have injured Spanish stars Luis Garcia and Xabi Alonso fit for Wednesday's Champions League crunch with Real Betis at Anfield.
Both players limped out of Saturday's win over Portsmouth, Luis Garcia with a hip injury and Xabi Alonso with knee trouble.

But boss Rafael Benitez said: "The doctor doesn't think either injury is serious and so they should be OK for Wednesday's game.
"Both came off as precautions. They couldn't continue the match but they should be fine for Wednesday."

Liverpool also rested Mohamed Sissoko, Harry Kewell and John Arne Riise against Pompey but all three will be in contention against Betis

LFC.tv
Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia should both be fit for Wednesday's Champions League clash with Real Betis at Anfield.
Both players limped out of the 3-0 victory over Portsmouth with minor injuries but manager Rafa Benitez is confident they'll be available for selection in midweek.

Benitez said: "The doctor doesn't think either injury is serious and so they should be okay for Wednesday's game.

"Luis took a kick on the hip and Xabi had a kick on his knee. They couldn't continue today but they should be fine."

So there you go. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stoney » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:55 pm

A.B. wrote:Dani is the one who scored against us and Chelsea, so in a way he is an important player to Betis.

Dani didnt score against us, it was Arzu
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:56 pm

Ah yes, you're right. Dani was the one who set up Arzu.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:16 am

Ah yes, you're right. Dani was the one who set up Arzu.

He was also the guy who provoked many "fuc*ng diving" and "bloody cheater" in the game we played against Betis.

I do not say this normally, but this guy deserves that injury. He clomplains now about being persecuted by opposition defences, but he deserves to. Yesterday he received a kick without the ball involved. The problem of this guy, is that he dives every week in front of the area. And not happy with that, when he is asked about it he gives a response with a smile as if he was smart or something (I don't think he has read any book). And thus he has been receiving stick last matches, as you could expect.

So it's not time for moaning for him, but to think about it
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:08 am

if alonso plays this game and picks up a booking then he's suspended for the next game (as is reina). i can't actually remember if yellows are carried over into the next round or not and i can't be bothered checking right now, i think they are but maybe someone could clear it up for me. anyway, i'd rather he sat out this game and was a definite for chelsea - hamman or sissoko are more than adequate replacements against a rapidly worsening betis side playing away from home.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:08 am

Andy the yellow cards do count in the next round [thats why Alonso was suspended for the leg at home against Chelsea last season].

Sabre, I've heard about Dani's diving reputation. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:25 am

Must have given lessons to Uruguay. :D
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:30 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:TBH Sissoko has been a bit eratic of late, and Hamann has all the experience in the world, I would play Sissoko next week against City he's tough and just the type of player for that game, I am sure Sissoko has 2 yellows in the CL so far, and Luis also.
So it would'nt hurt us not playing Sissoko, Gerrards best positon is CM, Cisse''s got a cob on getting put out wide, but as rafa said the players should take a leaf out the captains book and work for the team and rightly so.
dont think Crouch will start he will probably be on the bench.
So....................
                              Reina
Finnan           Carra              Hyypia           Riise/Warnock
Gerrard          Hamann           Xabi/Zenden         Kewell
                         Garcia
                                 Morientes.

i think zenden will be on the left, and spot on for garcia down the middle lynds.

he may lose the ball, but the down the middle is his best position to press  :nod
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion