Almost 1 year ago today - St michael posted this positive thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PhiLFC » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:21 pm

A Positive Thread

One game and people are whinging about Rafa and his team selection already - its deja vu folks...
PhiLFC

Postby redmikey » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:40 pm

until we start winning people will winge mate!!  fans today demand instant success and can,t look past factors like it was a cup game for SU and we have champions league to nail down mid week, it is 2 points dropped but you have to unite and push foward together
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:55 pm

PhiLFC wrote:A Positive Thread

One game and people are whinging about Rafa and his team selection already - its deja vu folks...

You might also recall we then only won one of our first six games .
maybe people have a right to get a bit twitchy . Sheffield are the bookies favourite for the drop and we are touted as real challengers for the title. No matter how big this game was for Sheffield we should, realistically, have taken all three points .Fans expectations at LFC are at their highest for years no wonder some get totally f'ucked off as once again we fail to impose our superiority .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby PhiLFC » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:05 pm

Totally agree chaps... afterall we are on a forum where we can whinge and moan and praise etc.. I was just pointing out the "deja vu" bit because I remember all the negativity that was going on this time last year :p
PhiLFC

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:57 pm

PhiLFC wrote:A Positive Thread

Spot on Phil.  All this whining and moaning is mad. 

One game down and a whole load more to go. I can't understand what's worrying people?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:04 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:One game down and a whole load more to go, so what's worrying people?

Whats worrying people ?

Three defeats on the bounce in pre season friendlies , a scrappy win against a bunch of  middle eastern no marks and a point courtesy of a dubious penalty against a side that is favourite to drop straight back down to the championship .Thats whats worrying me , how about you ?   

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:17 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:One game down and a whole load more to go, so what's worrying people?

Whats worrying people ?

Three defeats on the bounce in pre season friendlies , a scrappy win against a bunch of  middle eastern no marks and a point courtesy of a dubious penalty against a side that is favourite to drop straight back down to the championship .Thats whats worrying me , how about you ?   

I here you Woof, but the same sort of things happened last season  (bad start and all). but we still finished in a good position when everyone else around us was saying that we'd finish something like 6th in the league. 

Rafa and the players obviously won't be happy with todays result, but this will make them more determined to gel very quickly and make good ground.  :)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:23 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Whats worrying people ?

I here you Woof, but the same sort of things happened last season  (bad start and all). but we still finished in a good position when everyone else around us was saying that we'd finish something like 6th in the league. 

Rafa and the players obviously won't be happy with todays result, but this will make them more determined to gel very quickly and make good ground.  :)

:D  WTF , I'm surrounded by "my glass is half full " guys , guess I should just drink up .    :D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:34 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Whats worrying people ?

:D  WTF , I'm surrounded by "my glass is half full " guys , guess I should just drink up .    :D

Sounds like a good plan. :D   

I think I'll get a drink too and join yer  :D

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:21 am

woof woof ! wrote: :D  WTF , I'm surrounded by "my glass is half full " guys

They are called supporters  :)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:25 am

Sheffield are the bookies favourite for the drop and we are touted as real challengers for the title. No matter how big this game was for Sheffield we should, realistically, have taken all three points .

I don't care what the pundits bet for relegation. They did a good defensive job, and if they keep like that, few teams will get the three points there. Sheffield Utd away, is a whole different story, but in their field they're not going to be easy.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:05 am

So Sabre , you're satisfied with the result ? You see it as a point gained rather than 2 points lost ?

They did prove to be difficult but we certainly made hard work of it , I'd be suprised (and  pleased)  if the likes of Chelsea , Arsenal or Man U drop points against Sheff Utd , home or away.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:51 am

i posted that thread because i found it staggering that fans were whinging so early in the season. yes the performance on saturday was disappointing, particularly in the first half, but the fact remains that chelsea and manure will both drop points over the course of the season, even possibly this week.

united have drew many an opening day game and gone onto win the premiership, the overeaction on here to one game as being the indicator for an entire season is a joke.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Too true St. Michael.... have a look at the promoted sides on Saturday, Reading obviously were the pick, but at home against a weaker (than last season) 'boro, Watford should have had a point across the Park but for a ridiculous handball (header!) decision and Sheff Utd were never gonna lie down in front of their own fans after 12 years out of the big time.... Chelski and ManU couldn't have asked for better opening day fixtures. all you doom-mongers, please never sit next to me on a flight anywhere!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:06 pm

I too think the original thread from last season is very relevant but for an entirely  different reason. Tonight we have a huge potential banana skin on our hands away in Kiev, and had we pulled our finger out of our erse in the fist six or seven games of last season we wouldn't be playing the match because we would already have qualified.

It is my feeling that we are either the best team in the Premiership this season, or more likely the second best. It is also my hunch that we are going to need around eight more points this season than last to win the Premiership.  Now we won a lot of games last season and went on some great runs, but if we are going to draw at places like Sheffield United (and we'll see how good they really are in their next few games, my monies on them finishing stone-cold bottom) where are we going to pick those eight points up from?

Saturday was a chance to send out a message, a declaration of intent. We are Liverpool, we are back and this year we are going to fight all the way for the title. Instead we said, have a two point start and we'll see how we go from there. I only hope that when we play Chelsea away we are not in the position of the game being a musn't lose or it's all over.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion