41 proffessionals on the books - What can we do

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red or dead » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:38 pm

forgive me if someone has already done this but i was looking at our squad today and noticed these facts we have 41 players on our team of which

on loan or sold : diouf,henzcho,diao,vignal,tallec,diarra,medjina,cheyrou

no first team experience : foy,smiyh,harrison,luzi.

limited first team apperences: whitebread,potter,welsh,raven,ostembour.

injured: partdrige,kirkland,josemi,alonso,smicer,cisse,kewell,finnan.

that leaves us with:morientes,gerrard,hyypia,carragher,hamman and riise who would get into most teams top 11

then we are left with mellor,warnock,biscan,pongo,traore,nunez,pelligrino,garcia,dudek, who are at best squad players add to that the most amazing run of bad luck ie refs and injuries is it any wonder we our in the position that we our in,the main point to this is that our squad is still short of 3or4 world class players and at least 5 very good squad players for us to really win the title i know i will proberly get ripped to shreads on this site but look at the facts above and be honest with yourself our they the 41 players you want to see in ared shirt.
red or dead

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:45 pm

i kinda agree with lynds (in other threads) about us selling the player once & for all. It is getting ridiculous when we loan players out & we end up paying half their salaries.....

This way it is never a win-win situation for us...... David parry might be a good person but he sucks BIG TIME in transfers......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red or dead » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:00 pm

this part of the problem parry and moores they are draging there feet over investment into the club moores should put his hand in his pocket or let someone else have a go, we have got a manager with a excellent track record we have got some world class players but if we our to take the next step we have to get rid of the dead wood and provide benni with the money to push us on or we will miss out on at least 4 spot and i think we can kiss goodbye to gerred.
the last few years have been very poor and it is hard to keep getting the pi@@ taken out of us by evertonions etc last night was the last straw no pride at all
red or dead

Postby SALTROCK67 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:21 pm

In any other line of work if you continue to under perform you get the bullet,unless it seems your a footballer some of our signings have seriouslly under performed over the last few years but they are still here hanging on like leeches as though LFC owe them or they go out on loan knowing full well they can come back play a bit for the reserves and still drag their big wage packets,when a player joins it should be stated that if they do not perform they get the bullet the same as in the real world. :angry:  :angry:
SALTROCK67

Postby El Guapo » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:34 pm

I don't think Moores has the money to invest, if he was interested in whats good for Liverpool FC rather than retaining the power he has he would have accepted Steve Morgan or L4's offers, he is only interested in offers for less than 30% of the club which will allow him to retain his power. He is not capable of taking the club to the next level (back where we belong) and should step aside for someone with the finances and the will to do it, otherwise we will forever be scrapping for fourth place and getting knocked out of cups.
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
El Guapo

Postby Mikz » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:29 pm

The_Rock wrote:i kinda agree with lynds (in other threads) about us selling the player once & for all. It is getting ridiculous when we loan players out & we end up paying half their salaries.....

This way it is never a win-win situation for us...... David parry might be a good person but he sucks BIG TIME in transfers......

:D Alan Moores too
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:57 pm

It's certainly an interesting stat the 41 pro's. I dunno how that compares to other clubs but i'd pretty much agree with the analysis which says despite the numbers we are still short of quality.
The only thing I'd have reservations about is the continued criticism of Moores. I agree that he may not be the wealthiest chairman in the Premiership but far from "clinging to power" as you put it, I suspect he has a heartfelt concern and passion for the club and just wants to make sure the right man or men come in before he departs. I think he's probably had enough and who would blame him? My heart certainly went out to the guy when I saw footage of the AGM. Let's face it, we're skint and yet we still stumped up for Morientes, transfer and no doubt big salary. Where did the cash come from? I suspect it was largely from David Moores. Give the guy a break, he's a true red.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:41 pm

Sometimes its better the devil you know, I respect and listen to the like of Dalglish and supersub who dont see it this way but Im neither for jumping at the first olive branch we see just for a spending spree

But to be honest I havent really read anything about the otential takeovers other than osts on this Forum
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:08 pm

red or dead wrote:forgive me if someone has already done this but i was looking at our squad today and noticed these facts we have 41 players on our team of which

on loan or sold : diouf,henzcho,diao,vignal,tallec,diarra,medjina,cheyrou

no first team experience : foy,smiyh,harrison,luzi.

limited first team apperences: whitebread,potter,welsh,raven,ostembour.

injured: partdrige,kirkland,josemi,alonso,smicer,cisse,kewell,finnan.

that leaves us with:morientes,gerrard,hyypia,carragher,hamman and riise who would get into most teams top 11

then we are left with mellor,warnock,biscan,pongo,traore,nunez,pelligrino,garcia,dudek, who are at best squad players add to that the most amazing run of bad luck ie refs and injuries is it any wonder we our in the position that we our in,the main point to this is that our squad is still short of 3or4 world class players and at least 5 very good squad players for us to really win the title i know i will proberly get ripped to shreads on this site but look at the facts above and be honest with yourself our they the 41 players you want to see in ared shirt.

i didnt know it was that bad, i wish the board would hurry up and get some funding in
109-1105722616

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion