New member - who needs a question answered

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby Regal Filter » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:07 pm

Hello everyone, hope yas are all keeping well.

Was just wondering, where did the Fields of Anfield Road originate from?  It's a cracking tune  :)

YNWA
Regal Filter

Postby Ciggy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:10 pm

Any bifters lar?

From Celtic they robbed YNWA so we changed the words of the Fields of Atherny.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:12 pm

What ciggy says is true.

One of my favorite chants is the FOAR, love singing that on a european night :cool:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Regal Filter » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:13 pm

OK, cheers

Any bifters lar?  What does that mean?
Regal Filter

Postby Ciggy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:22 pm

Regal Filter wrote:OK, cheers

Any bifters lar?  What does that mean?

:laugh: HA HA pmsl

Regal Filters are bifters.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Regal Filter » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:29 pm

I know, I know.  Im actually a Celtic fan masel, just wanted yas to admit the fact that yas robbed our song  :;):

Seriously though, I do not "follow" anyone in the EPL but i do have a soft spot for the red side of your city.  I have no time whatsoever for Man Ure or the London equivalent (sp) of Rangers.

I sincerely hope your worthy campaign for the Justice for the 96 is successful and that the truth is finally told

All the best lads
Regal Filter

Postby Ciggy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:36 pm

Regal Filter wrote:I know, I know.  Im actually a Celtic fan masel, just wanted yas to admit the fact that yas robbed our song  :;):

Seriously though, I do not "follow" anyone in the EPL but i do have a soft spot for the red side of your city.  I have no time whatsoever for Man Ure or the London equivalent (sp) of Rangers.

I sincerely hope your worthy campaign for the Justice for the 96 is successful and that the truth is finally told

All the best lads

Thanx mate there is a topic on here from your banner the other week superb , it hasnt gone unoticed.  :)
And success in the league.
OT but MON is a bit sh.itty in the prem dont you reckon?
Whats gone wrong there then?
He was touted to be our new manager before Benitez and the way things are going at Villa I am glad he didnt come here TBH.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Regal Filter » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:44 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Regal Filter wrote:I know, I know.  Im actually a Celtic fan masel, just wanted yas to admit the fact that yas robbed our song  :;):

All the best lads

Thanx mate there is a topic on here from your banner the other week superb , it hasnt gone unoticed.  :)
And success in the league.
OT but MON is a bit sh.itty in the prem dont you reckon?
Whats gone wrong there then?
He was touted to be our new manager before Benitez and the way things are going at Villa I am glad he didnt come here TBH.

Im not too sure what has happened with MON at Villla.  I've always had a lot of respect for him for the way that he conducts himself.  As far as I know, Villa are in a worse position this term under MON than last year.  Some of his signings have been dubious just as some were with Celtic.  He has taken Petrov and Maloney and tbh i'm glad they are not finding the EPL rosy.  These 2 guys are too big for their boots and are currently receiving a severe reality check.

Anyway Ciggy, congrats on a great result and performance tonight though to be fair,PSV were no big shake tonight.  Still, i think its safe to say that you are into the Semis.

Maybe a few Liverpool fans will be booking flights and accommodation for Athens tonight???
Regal Filter

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:51 pm

Regal Filter wrote:Maybe a few Liverpool fans will be booking flights and accommodation for Athens tonight???

My brother is in Eindhoven, he'll be thinking about it, trust me.  He's making his way back to the Dam as we speak and he's not back home for another two days.

It's only prudent to start checking flight schedules though.  Don't know if I'm tempting fate.  I think Man Utd are a strong fucking outfit and only the fact I know we could meet them in the final if we get there ourselves is stopping me from getting truly excited even though I'm getting some good vibes about this Liverpool side and the way we've looked over the last two games.

Can't wait to see a lot more of Javier Mascherano though.  He looks just the player we need.  Didn't even miss Momo or think of him once during the game. 

Not to say we should sell Momo or nothing... fuck that, I love the way the warrior plays!!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby Ciggy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:53 pm

Regal Filter wrote:Anyway Ciggy, congrats on a great result and performance tonight though to be fair,PSV were no big shake tonight.  Still, i think its safe to say that you are into the Semis.

Maybe a few Liverpool fans will be booking flights and accommodation for Athens tonight???

Thanx mate but I think thats the first time PSV have been beaten in Europe at home for soemthing like 3 years?

Tonight they misse Alex but Koeman said before the game he wanted a draw and would be happy with that, and I am glad we didnt play for one.

Idoubt anyone will be booking flights already as Chelsea are no push over and will want revenge, but I would be confident against Valencia.
If we did get to the final and it was against Manure I would prefer us to be knocked out before it TBH, I couldnt bare the hassle and us both being banned for 5-7 years which will happen should it come to that.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:56 pm

Ciggy wrote:Idoubt anyone will be booking flights already as Chelsea are no push over and will want revenge

Again, just the optimism I have at the minute, I'm completely discounting Chelsea.  What the fuck's up with me?
jonnymac1979

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:06 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Idoubt anyone will be booking flights already as Chelsea are no push over and will want revenge

Again, just the optimism I have at the minute, I'm completely discounting Chelsea.  What the fuck's up with me?

I feel the same John but they will be out for revenge big time Joe Cole is back tommorrow ha has been a vital missing link for them this season.
They know what to expect next time around at anfield I dont want to face them again.
But if we did I would prefer them to knock us out rather than go to the final against the mancs.
I think we would beat the mancs in the final, but I cant be bothered with the hasstle.
Anyway CMON Roma.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:15 am

Ciggy wrote:I think we would beat the mancs in the final, but I cant be bothered with the hasstle.

I'm really uncomfortable that we could get them.  It's really stopping my enjoyment of my fantasies about winning Number Six.  I could cope with playing Bayern Munich, Milan or Roma in the final.  And get over losing if that was to be the case.

It's Man Utd though.  We might have to fucking play THEM.  I wish it weren't like this.  Although I think we can beat them, the chance to lose also exists.  I don't think I could mentally cope with it, the build-up, the pre-match interviews, GRADE A twats like Paddy Crerand on Sky Sports News all the time, Bobby Charlton the fucking nipple... 

The inbred Neville?

The media would kiss their arses and set us up for a major fall. 

See what I mean?  This is all hearsay.  But I'm mentally torturing myself about something that may never happen. 

What if it did is all I'm saying?  Who's going to be like me?  I need reassurances I'm not the only one.

Remember my optimistic posts five minutes ago?  Seems ages ago now... :D
jonnymac1979

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:23 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:I think we would beat the mancs in the final, but I cant be bothered with the hasstle.

I'm really uncomfortable that we could get them.  It's really stopping my enjoyment of my fantasies about winning Number Six.  I could cope with playing Bayern Munich, Milan or Roma in the final.  And get over losing if that was to be the case.

It's Man Utd though.  We might have to fucking play THEM.  I wish it weren't like this.  Although I think we can beat them, the chance to lose also exists.  I don't think I could mentally cope with it, the build-up, the pre-match interviews, GRADE A twats like Paddy Crerand on Sky Sports News all the time, Bobby Charlton the fucking nipple... 

The inbred Neville?

The media would kiss their arses and set us up for a major fall. 

See what I mean?  This is all hearsay.  But I'm mentally torturing myself about something that may never happen. 

What if it did is all I'm saying?  Who's going to be like me?  I need reassurances I'm not the only one.

Remember my optimistic posts five minutes ago?  Seems ages ago now... :D

Couldnt happen mate, the travelling and that fans staying in resorts around Greece days before, imagine it all kicking off on the flights from Manchester to Athens.
And it would there would be fuc.kin murderAll Liverpool fans singin in bars and them kunts walk in singin "Without killin anyone" Build a bombfire" no chance.
Kickin off on the greek islands kickin off on the planes in the airport.
In the ground unbareable.
It couldnt happen we would be banned and so would they for atleast 5 years.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:31 am

I know we are allowing ourselves to look forward to a possible final with the Mancs but I have serious concerns should this happen ???

You just can't police a game between these two clubs in a Capital city miles from England and it's a final I'm sure UEFA are dreading !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Introductions Forum