Hillsborough interview - Sheffield hallam fm

Hillsborough remembrance and related information

Postby Dalglish » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:20 am

Hi Guys ,

I was recently contacted by Hallam FM, a commercial radio station based in Sheffield and asked if I'd give an interview on my memories of April 15th 1989 to be aired on April 15th 2009 in Sheffield as part of their memorial service.

It's worth pointing out at this stage that Hallam FM is a sister station to Radio city in Merseyside so I knew the interview and editting would be done sensitively and respectfully.

As many of you know I am a survivor from that terrible day and after some careful consideration I agreed to give an account and my recollections of the day. I was joined for the interview by best friend and fellow survivor Mark Dixon.

The interview took place last monday at my home and has been edited for their braodacast tomorrow (April 15th)

I appreciate many of you (including myself) won't be able to receive Hallam FM but the interview is also on their website and the link is :

http://www.hallamfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=1272892&spid=25619

There are other interviews on the site including one with Brian Laws who was a Notttingham Forest player on that day and is now manager of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

My motivation for giving the interview was in some small way inform people in Sheffield (where most people who will listen to the interview are based ) that those caught up in the Hillsborough tragedy are just normal everyday people who love life and football but should never have been put in the position we were on that day.

The interview took around 40 mins but it's been heavily editted for radio but I trust it comes across well and conveys the sense of sadness and injustice many of us still feel about the tragedy.......

Walk on.

YNWA 96
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:44 am

Thinking of you and others like you too Ian, who survived and saw the horror unfold in front of you.

Remembering the lost, remembering those who lived, remembering those who lost their loved ones, those who grieve and struggle on a day-to-day basis, for what hillsborough did was changed so much for so many.

My prayers are with all - never forgotten
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:00 am

Rest in Peace the 96....the boys did you proud last night.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Hillsborough