Hillsborough - The truth

Hillsborough remembrance and related information

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:23 pm

On the advice of a few people on this forum I went out and bought myself a copy of Hillsborough - The Truth by Phil Scraton. When Hillsbrorough happened I was only 18 and pregnant with my son, so I never really paid much attention to football in general, so I was very interested in what happened. So I tracked around all of Belfast's book stores and eventully got a copy and have not put it down since. To read the book is painful in itself, but to read how the bereaved and the survivors where treated beggers belief. I have cried and been so angry to know that these people have been treated as if they where to blame for what happened. It leaves me lost for words...........
Has anyone else read it and what are your thoughts?

JFT96 YNWA
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:41 pm

I bought that book years ago and only read half of it.  Seriously, I had to put it down and couldn't continue reading it.  I must admit I wasn't ready for what I was reading. 

It made me so angry reading about changed witness statements and 'facts' which were stated by the police that were proved to be complete and utter b*ll*c*ks. 

A big cover up and no justice whatsoever.  That's why the fight must continue.
jonnymac1979

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:44 pm

I have to agree with you Johnny. It is a hard book to read and I made myself sit down and read it. And I'm so glad I did. The part in the book where the policeman cames forward and tells about how he was asked not to fill in his black notebook and was brought into the station and handed sheets of blank A4 paper and told to write what he saw. He honestly wrote what he saw and it covered 6 PAGES, which he handed in and it was then sent to the Police solicitors and it came back as a few paragraphs, was really hard to read.
I believe that the police in charge that day where to blame and I hope that justice is done for the sake of the families of the bereaved and the survivors.
I know that you where not ready to read the book, but it has opened my eyes to a lot of things the happened on that day.
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:28 pm

Do you scum have no shame at all? :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:49 pm

Looks like there could be hope on the justice front. Anne Williams who has been fighting for justice for her son and the other 95 has finally got somewhere with the european court of human rights. Here's hoping. See the link below.

LINK
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Return to Hillsborough