no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:33 am

woof woof ! wrote:
stmichael wrote:The doping has been ingrained in the sport for decades (Italians are recognised as the establishers of EPO in the 80s as it was untraceable) and I wouldn't be further surprised if some former winners came out and admitted offences like Riis did the other week.

Cycling has the strictest anti-doping policy of any sport in the world, and the smallest trace of something (sun tan cream, inhalers, aspirin are contain substances which are banned under UCI law) will result in a two year ban (kinda puts the Premiership's sole 8 month ban in it's history to shame). I think Lance Armstrong had something like 300 tests between 1999 and 2005.

Now I'm confused .
You suggest a culture of drug taking within cycling and that former winners (apparently not caught) may someday admit to their offences

And you then state that cycling has the " strictest anti-doping policy of any sport in the world" !

Well it obviously hasn't been applied (until now) to those at the top end of the sport.

Strictest ? my a'rse.

I think that by strict he means thorough. For instance football players are asked to pee in a bottle after a match. If those were the methods to try to catch the cyclists they'd catch nobody.

Cyclists can be woken up at 5AM by surprise and are taken a sample of blood at 5AM.

If there were cases of doping especially in Italy in the nineties, it's a fair question to ask whether the same kind of tests should be done in football aswell. The problem that the doping technology is beyond the doping detection technology. I'm not implying that there's massive doping in football, I'm just saying that where as some sport men are being arrested, made blood tests, and sometimes handcuffed, there are other top sports that are not so controlled.

For instance

The Gasol on top had "Crouchy" body. Look at the lad below, it's the same guy, and look at the arms. Is it only the gym? Are the NBA players tested before the olympics just like the track and field sport men are? that's the question.

For me doping must be combatted. And I believe aswell in the "innocent until caught" rule. For me men like Hinault, Indurain, Delgado and Armstrong were heroes, and the fact that they MIGHT have been cheating is a shame. But I wonder what would happen if other sports were controlled as they are being.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum