This 'ere myth - One sided bullying

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby bigmick » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:42 am

:laugh: Who said the close season was boring.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:48 am

bigmick wrote:Red you asked me to name names of banned people the other day, and today you're asking me to name names of posters who may or may not have transgressed. I gave names of banees, but I'm not getting into naming posts and posters.

I don't hit the report post to a moderator button when the abuse is directed at me, and I'm not going to do it when the post is directed at somebody else either. Sorry, and I know it would be lovely to deflect the spotlight onto me for whinging/grassing and all that old b0ll0cks, but no.

It was a simple question that arose because of the statement you made. One that led me to believe that there had been a racist comment made in either this thread...or one very close to it.

There are no politics or hidden 'traps' involved. Your sentence came across as though you or somebody else you know of had been 'racially victimised' in some way, hence my curiosity.

If these things are to be stamped out - surreptitious hints aren't going to do any good. Im not asking you or anyone else to grass or implicate ANYbody.  Im simply questioning - where the racism has actually taken place. After all...it is a bannable offence.  There is absolutely no need to be so sensitive about it either.  You lot want us to do the job we are entrusted to do consistently and fairly, and you make a comment which infers that there has been a serious breach of the rules somewhere - yet when i ask you to enlighten me to where it has occured - you turn the other way and become twitchy about it.  I'm trying to actually fathom out what it is that has been insinuated so i can deal with it and ensure it doesn't happen again. Like i'm supposed to.

Make up your mind. Has there been any racist offence here?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:03 am

red37 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Red you asked me to name names of banned people the other day, and today you're asking me to name names of posters who may or may not have transgressed. I gave names of banees, but I'm not getting into naming posts and posters.

I don't hit the report post to a moderator button when the abuse is directed at me, and I'm not going to do it when the post is directed at somebody else either. Sorry, and I know it would be lovely to deflect the spotlight onto me for whinging/grassing and all that old b0ll0cks, but no.

It was a simple question that arose because of the statement you made. One that led me to believe that there had been a racist comment made in either this thread...or one very close to it.

There are no politics or hidden 'traps' involved. Your sentence came across as though you or somebody else you know of had been 'racially victimised' in some way, hence my curiosity.

If these things are to be stamped out - surreptitious hints aren't going to do any good. Im not asking you or anyone else to grass or implicate ANYbody.  Im simply questioning - where the racism has actually taken place. After all...it is a bannable offence.  There is absolutely no need to be so sensitive about it either.  You lot want us to do the job we are entrusted to do consistently and fairly, and you make a comment which infers that there has been a serious breach of the rules somewhere - yet when i ask you to enlighten me to where it has occured - you turn the other way and become twitchy about it.  I'm trying to actually fathom out what it is that has been insinuated so i can deal with it and ensure it doesn't happen again. Like i'm supposed to.

Put it like that mate and no there hasn't, not at all, everythings great  :laugh: Glad we've cleared that one up.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:06 am

aCe' wrote:1.) can you not read or are you just an idiot with too much to say ?

FFS you and your boyfriend keep going on about people calling Rafa a 'kunt' and 'tool' and 'fat spanish waiter' ..etc tec...
I certainly havent seen many if any on this forum calling Rafa a kunt or tool... some disagree with his ways and have reservations about certain aspects of his management but i havent seen any insult the man like you guys claim is done... some jokes where made about Rafa and Kuyt by EVERYONE at certain times in the last few season but thats all they were.. jokes... the whole spanish waiter thing.. the kuyt thing... etc

2.) now the whole manc thing is getting frustrating as fck lad... seriously.. i know you think its funny and you think that in supporting the managers every decision and thinking every player is the best around and is beyond criticism it somehow makes you a better supporter and all that... couldnt care less really... but you need to realize that not everyone thinks the same way you do... doesnt make them a manc or whatever.. ffs werent you talking about that exact same thing a post or 2 back...

3.) p.s... just like your friend Lando, you dont really belong in a footy forum.... stick to general chat marshmallows  :;):

1.) With this in mind, one concurs that it is, in fact, you who cannot read or is the idiot.

2.) Contemptible dross unworthy of a more complex retort than; "Of course it does, you abhorrent ignoramus."

3.) One must confess to being somewhat baffled as to how a halfwit of such a terrifically low perspicacity and sagacity as yourself has the temerity to suggest such folly.

Your mental capacity appears to be limited to "Essien is better than Alonso", "Ferguson is better than Rafa" and "stick to general chat, marshmallows" - whatever harm the term "marshmallows" is intended to bestow. One would happily wager with utmost confidence that such a protagonist has all the allure and wisdom of a ruptured prophylactic - a poignancy not lost on your rueful lineage.

The whimsicality of the World today... :no
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:06 am

s@int wrote:Maybe some people should read the second line of my sig too :D

Especially after they've read mine, eh Saint  ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Effes » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:14 am

Someone's swallowed a Roget's Thesaurus I see.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:16 am

woof woof ! wrote:
s@int wrote:Maybe some people should read the second line of my sig too :D

Especially after they've read mine, eh Saint  ???

You tell 'em Woof they won't listen to me
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:29 am

s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Also, on the modding thing I did have a go at it for a bit, I think it was about a year or so though rather than a week or two (it seemed like a long time anyway, probably for everybody).

Exactly..........it was not for you!

Silly little threads that try to dictate to the board in general and preach what you want and how it should be done seem all a little hollow when ya take that into account!...had your chance and could not hack it lad...Fact!

Just post footy mate,its better that way...leave the revolution to revolutionary..Che "Saint" Guevara! :D

Keep me out of your arguments Barry.

As for anyone else who has still got any sort of interest in my activities :-

I have no AGENDA
I do not want to be a Mod
I do not want to run the forum
I do not want to buy the website

The only times I have protested is when I have thought someone was being unfairly treated.

I do want to be able to offer my opinion without being abused

"Low, and Jesus gaveth of his life to save the World..."

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:34 am

bigmick wrote:
red37 wrote:

Put it like that mate and no there hasn't, not at all, everythings great  :laugh: Glad we've cleared that one up.

Woah....hang on a minute here. You said:

abuse with overtly racist undertones really ought to be dealt with rather than the person on the recieving end being asked to grow a thicker skin.

Almost directly after, the suggestion from woof that "the pair of you grow a thicker skin"

And you think there isn't a mod who wouldn't appreciate knowing what you were on about?  One that wouldn't be in the slightest curious as to what you meant?  Now you are saying there hasn't infact been any racist abuse? (im smelling a hefty pinch of sarcasm)  But really, that is a tad more serious in nature than yer average 'gag'

Of course, needless to say im at a loss as to why you just made that allegation without following through with it. I could have just let it slip....nobody really seems that bothered after all...

But bear this in mind; your own thread, which quite respectfully asks if it isn't at all possible to implement a few changes here and there in order to help straighten things out across the board. So as to align everbody under the same umbrella. The one that has included various misdemeanors, and their 'suggested' penalities. All fair enough and perfectly reasonable to boot.  Offset by the title of my thread (this one) whose message is all about the supposition that one side in particular is persecuted unjustly above the other by the moderators of this forum  - ask yourself again, is it YOU who is being balanced and objective, or even fair now by first casting oil upon the water and then failing (or at least unwilling) to help clean it up by alerting someone?

If it really was no big deal then why light the blue touch paper at all  ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:36 am

I already knew you were one there was no need to try to confirm it Lando

Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:37 am

Effes wrote:Someone's swallowed a Roget's Thesaurus I see.

Well I AM an idiot, don'tcha know...?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:43 am

red37 wrote:
bigmick wrote:
red37 wrote:

Woah....hang on a minute here. You said:

abuse with overtly racist undertones really ought to be dealt with rather than the person on the recieving end being asked to grow a thicker skin.

Almost directly after, the suggestion from woof that "the pair of you grow a thicker skin"

And you think there isn't a mod who wouldn't appreciate knowing what you were on about?  One that wouldn't be in the slightest curious as to what you meant?  Now you are saying there hasn't infact been any racist abuse? (im smelling a hefty pinch of sarcasm)  But really, that is a tad more serious in nature than yer average 'gag'

Of course, needless to say im at a loss as to why you just made that allegation without following through with it. I could have just let it slip....nobody really seems that bothered after all...

But bear this in mind; your own thread, which quite respectfully asks if it isn't at all possible to implement a few changes here and there in order to help straighten things out across the board. So as to align everbody under the same umbrella. The one that has included various misdemeanors, and their 'suggested' penalities. All fair enough and perfectly reasonable to boot.  Offset by the title of my thread (this one) whose message is all about the supposition that one side in particular is persecuted unjustly above the other by the moderators of this forum  - ask yourself again, is it YOU who is being balanced and objective, or even fair now by first casting oil upon the water and then failing (or at least unwilling) to help clean it up by alerting someone?

If it really was no big deal then why light the blue touch paper at all  ???

I think what Mick is trying to say is that there was abuse with racist undertones but he doesnt really want to say who where and when.

Personally I would try the Alonso thread but then again that might just be me.

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:52 am

s@int wrote:I already knew you were one there was no need to try to confirm it Lando

They do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

One is touched.  :blush:
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:54 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
s@int wrote:I already knew you were one there was no need to try to confirm it Lando

So you look like it as well, that WAS a stroke of luck .

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:57 am

s@int wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

So you look like it as well, that WAS a stroke of luck .

:no

Conversing with you is like chatting to a fridge freezer.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum