The wire - Best tv show bar none

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby JBG » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:36 pm

I loved the early episode where they go to the Sundance festival and Drama and Turtle "cross swords". :laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:45 pm

Like all the characters but could easily watch just Ari and Lloyd all day long.

Ari Gold: "I didn't go to the Lakers game because they were playing the f'ucking Bobcats... And I came here today because I thought this was a session on how my wife could learn to communicate, how to answer a question without a question, basic Humanity 101, which I thought, given your wall of f'ucking diplomas, you could easily fix, or if you couldn't, you could give her a pill that would either fix it or make her a mute. But now, to turn around and gang up on me? I have work to do. I have hundreds of clients to deal with, and just so we're clear, I don't care about ANY OF THEM. They're ALL just a number, like Wife #1 and Therapist #7... GOOD DAY!

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:47 pm

Heres a question to you lot. Was Rawls definatley gay? He was in a gay bar in one of the eps where that hench mate of Brother Mouzone was looking for Omar.

Anyway my favourate scene is from season 1 where McNulty and Bunk go to that 6 month old scene and solve the crime saying nothing fuc.k and combinations of f.uck over and over haha.

Many people didnt like s2 but I thought it was good. I was sad to see Frank Sabotka get killed the way he did.:(

Great ending though. Quality show! Ranks along side Sopranos IMO
Last edited by tubby on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:48 pm

jonsnow wrote:It's a tough choice between the Shield and the Wire... both are absolute class, according to channel4 reports of course

I started of watching the Shield and really liked it. I need to pick up though im up to s5. I found the Wire to be more gritty though.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:59 pm

bavlondon wrote:Heres a question to you lot. Was Rawls definatley gay? He was in a gay bar in one of the eps where that hench mate of Brother Mouzone was looking for Omar.

Anyway my favourate scene is from season 1 where McNulty and Bunk go to that 6 month old scene and solve the crime saying nothing fuc.k and combinations of f.uck over and over haha.

Many people didnt like s2 but I thought it was good. I was sad to see Frank Sabotka get killed the way he did.:(

Great ending though. I was fuming when Omar got killed as I was expecting him to ride of into the sunset but it was a nice ending to see Michael effectivley fit into his role as a stick up boy - shotty and all.

Quality show! Ranks along side Sopranos IMO

thanks for the fukkin king size spoiler, bav

:veryangry

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:04 pm

I watched all 66 episodes of Entourage in 12 days flat.  You can tell why the actor who plays Ari Gold won Emmy's etc... the character is genius and is the best thing about the show.

Johnny Drama and Turtle are quality as well.  The faces Drama pulls!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
jonnymac1979

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:10 pm

Oh :censored: sorry mate I didnt mean to ruin it for you.:(

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:11 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I watched all 66 episodes of Entourage in 12 days flat.  You can tell why the actor who plays Ari Gold won Emmy's etc... the character is genius and is the best thing about the show.

Johnny Drama and Turtle are quality as well.  The faces Drama pulls!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Everyone keeps saying Entourage is good but I have never got into it. Mind you I have only seen like the first 2 eps. Maybe ill give it another go.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:35 pm

bavlondon wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:I watched all 66 episodes of Entourage in 12 days flat.  You can tell why the actor who plays Ari Gold won Emmy's etc... the character is genius and is the best thing about the show.

Everyone keeps saying Entourage is good but I have never got into it. Mind you I have only seen like the first 2 eps. Maybe ill give it another go.

A lot of these HBO shows have their viewing experience enhanced when you watch 3, 4, 5, 10 in a row.   

Arrested Development is another one, but done from the comedy angle where they do a lot of subtle "inside jokes" that you might only get if you had just watched the last couple of episodes and had them fresh in your memory.
JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:22 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Arrested Development is another one, but done from the comedy angle where they do a lot of subtle "inside jokes" that you might only get if you had just watched the last couple of episodes and had them fresh in your memory.

Absolutely brilliant show, that.  One of the few network comedies put out in the last 10 years worth watching.  :buttrock
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:49 pm

at one point there was a rumor that they were going to get bought by showtime, which i think would have made it even funnier.  Although sometimes they would just have like long periods of bleeeep and I don't even think they were supposed to be saying anything specific it was just funny. Especially that one episode where sometimes they would bleep pu$$y and sometimes they wouldn't, and then they would bleep it when they were taking about a cat and it was hilarious.
JoeTerp

Postby andy_g » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:46 pm

last night i watched the final episode of the wire. the whole 5th season wasn't doing it for me all that much but the last 3 or 4 episodes are about as good as it gets in my opinion. hats off to the writers for not always protecting our favourite characters, and when they do go its not always in some romantic blaze of glory.

gritty, rivetting, intelligent, humorous and humane. top class all round. :nod

think i might move onto mad men before seeing if the shield can really come anywhere close.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:21 pm

You need to check out the Shield

Trust me Ive seen them both and The Shield is just as good
Last edited by Dundalk on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:49 pm

just watched season 3...

1 word: awesome

apparently 4 is better! dunno how!!!

edit: i loved the shield, but this is far far far superior
Last edited by dawson99 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:10 pm

Dundalk wrote:You need to check out the Shield

Trust me Ive seen them both and The Shield is just as good

+1

The last 2 eps were really sad.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<