The dude is in the building! - Peace n love y'all

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:36 am

metalhead wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:this is ridiculous - banning him.
and deleting a thread too.

you are ridiculous for being a ridiculous person  :D

I have to agree on some that this dude came on friendly terms to this forum, had some really funny comments, maybe the mods got it wrong?

i'll see you on msn later tonight. you might need a gun.  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Bam » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:36 am

I mean closing Saints thread last week (I was away and am only commenting in hindsight) was a bad call, IMO. While I certainly disagree with what Saint said the thread had not deteriorated into WWIII as Bob said and BOb didn't seem to appreciate that Saint is a long standing and respected member and while what he posted was certainly controversial the reaction to his post was mature and balanced and the thread should have been given a chance to see where it was going. OK, if it deteriorated into a slanging match then close it but the point was it hadn;t and if the moderators actually paid attention to what was being said in the thread they would have saw that the posters who posted in it, while disagreeing with what Saint was saying, respected Saint as a poster and there was no evidence that the thread was going to go downhill.

While I didnt agree with what Saint said entirely, I was open minded and listened to his opinion. Although I was accused as "Barbaric" by my very own regular WUM. I agree with you JBG that the thread didnt deserve locking. It was at the point it was locked a good debate which is a shame really as we havent had many of them on here for a while.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:37 am

JBG wrote:But it needs to be said, the moderation here at times (not from all moderators mind) has been farcicial and one or two of the moderators need to get out more and live their lives, not patrolling these boards 24/7 closing threads and banning harmless idiots left right and centre.

Hear Hear mr Grumbine :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:45 am

Ciggy wrote:
JBG wrote:But it needs to be said, the moderation here at times (not from all moderators mind) has been farcicial and one or two of the moderators need to get out more and live their lives, not patrolling these boards 24/7 closing threads and banning harmless idiots left right and centre.

Hear Hear mr Grumbine :buttrock

Who are you refering to Cig & JBG ?

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:49 am

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=a65c31bdf1182b1bb250ea7bc36a2dd7
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:50 am

whoever banned him got it wrong big time. he hasnt done anything wrong. he seems friendly and should be allowed back in.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:52 am

Bam wrote:Who are you refering to Cig & JBG ?

The one who has stopped the jokes, the laughs, who locks topics and cards everyone  :D

*Awaits second card today*

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 pm

JBG is starting a revolution :D

Why dont you comeback as Mod then JBG, you may not have the time anymore but you wouldnt want to be on here 24/7 :D

I actually think its quite good we have some Mods who are prepared to log on for longer periods. Peewee will remember the days when me him and a few others were logged on, while you lot all slept you pretty little heads off. And we'd get invaded by "proper" WUMS during GMT nightime. That was nipped in the bud and that was good to see.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:02 pm

Just got a PM from Dude Love!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:41 pm

Bam wrote:I actually think its quite good we have some Mods who are prepared to log on for longer periods.

:laugh:

Damned if we do and damned if we don't. 

:nod

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:46 pm

There is such thing as over moderation woof. A balanced approach is what people are looking for.

BTW, my criticism is not against all moderators, I still like Jonnymac and I'm afraid of me :censored: of Supersub. :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Bam » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:47 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Bam wrote:I actually think its quite good we have some Mods who are prepared to log on for longer periods.

You're only Mods Woof, not exactly Benitez. Now he's damned if he does and damned if he doesnt.   :nod

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:48 pm

Bam wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

You're only Mods Woof, not exactly Benitez. Now he's damned if he does and damned if he doesnt.   :nod

Alonso should have started on saturday though  :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:49 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Bam wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Alonso should have started on saturday though  :D

see  :D

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:32 pm

JBG wrote:There is such thing as over moderation woof. A balanced approach is what people are looking for.

BTW, my criticism is not against all moderators, I still like Jonnymac and I'm afraid of me :censored: of Supersub. :D

:D , We're all looking for a balanced approach JBG, but as an ex klink you more than most will appreciate you'll never please everybody not matter what you do, some whinge about undermoderation whilst others rail against over moderation.

As far as over moderation goes, like rotation we take it in turns  :D .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum