The computer games thread - 56K Modem Warning/Image heavy

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:28 am

adamnbarrett wrote:Anyone got medal of honor european assault?

yeah, it doesnt allow you to change the controls to the same as the previous medal of honours, this makes it more difficult. also when you zoom in with you gun has changed which is also worse than the previous games.
112-1077774096

Postby babu » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:45 am

Yeah I love counterstrike, a little less since 1.6 came out.

Does anyone play WC3 on battlenet? especially DOTA games? Dota Allstars? man i have wasted so many hours playing dota. love how the maps keep getting upgraded, up too version 6.12 now.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:50 am

babu wrote:Yeah I love counterstrike, a little less since 1.6 came out.

Does anyone play WC3 on battlenet? especially DOTA games? Dota Allstars? man i have wasted so many hours playing dota. love how the maps keep getting upgraded, up too version 6.12 now.

Yea I still play Counter Strike 1.6 a lot nowadays. I'm best while using the m4 (long range bursting) and even awp.

As for WC3 The Frozen Throne, I used to play it a lot. I don't really play Custom Games a lot though as I personally find it a waste of time but I sometimes do play it if I find myself stressed out playing Standard Games (usually play 1v1 using Undead). My favourite Custom Games would proabbly be Footmen Frenzy, don't fancy Dota myself. I would most of the time play in US West Lordaeron gateway, using account MilitiaRusher. Incidently, my username MilitiaRusher does in fact come from War3, as I like playing around with militia rushes.  :D
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:29 am

ahhh i see. me understandee.

you should try dota, it takes skill and teamwork. no game is the same. but really need to make sure you have high speed connection as hero movement is critical.

my username is DOTA-CL.babu or babu_my

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:43 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Ive got quite a few favs, Leisure suit larry, got the new one on the Xbox now, its dead funny but liked the old ones also.

I didnt know they still made Leisure Suit Larry still Lynds!!!
What are the new ones like then??

I will never forget the first time playing LSL on my Amiga and getting into that room to 'have sex' with the prostitute, leaving and then promptly dieing in the street outside with 'Aids' due to not wearing a condom  :laugh:    Then i found the shop to buy condoms, and gave her a proper seeing too!!!!   :cool:   :laugh:

If the new one is on Xbox it MUST be on the PC too?? If they are as good and funny as the one I used to play, then I might have to pick up a copy (well when I can afford to that is!!).

Yer mate you can play it on the pc aswell, heres a link to the game, http://www.sierra.com/product.do?gamePlatformId=607
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:50 am

babu wrote:ahhh i see. me understandee.

you should try dota, it takes skill and teamwork. no game is the same. but really need to make sure you have high speed connection as hero movement is critical.

my username is DOTA-CL.babu or babu_my

Which gateway do you usually play in?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:19 am

I have almost 400 computer games.....all originals, and probably another 100 abandonware golden oldies.

I'll post a pic of my collection when I get home.

In October I'm going to put together a killer machine, which will be along the lines of:

AMD 64 57FX or X2 Dual Core 4800
2 x Nvidia 7800GTX in SLI mode or possibly 2 x ATI 520s in cross fire mode
DFI LanParty motherboard
2 Gig Corsair XMS Pro RAM
2 x 76 Gig Raptors in RAID 0 configuration
Western Digital 350 Gig HD 16MB cache
Audigy 2

Unfortunately, I'll probably have to drop around €2500 notes on that baby but it'll blow any other PCs out of the water. :cool:

Also, I'm going to convince my girlfriend to get me an Xbox 360 for Christmas! :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:21 am

JBG wrote:I have almost 400 computer games.....all originals, and probably another 100 abandonware golden oldies.

In October I'm going to put together a killer machine, which will be along the lines of:

DFI LanParty motherboard
Audigy 2

Unfortunately, I'll probably have to drop around €2500 notes on that baby but it'll blow any other PCs out of the water. :cool:

Also, I'm going to convince my girlfriend to get me an Xbox 360 for Christmas! :D

have you ever kissed a girl?   :p  :D  :p  :D  :p
112-1077774096

Postby Piewhack » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:47 am

Mike tyson's punch out... classic, later changed to just punch out because of copyright infringments.. instead of fighting iron mike at the end, you had to fight some ponce called Mr. Dream..lol!!
Then they made super punch out on Snes, which was also a great game!!! i beat glass joe, in about 8 secs!! lol!

Just dusted off my old PC engine GT which has been hidden in a box in my spare room.. plugged it all up and it worked!!! now where did i put the blasted games for it!!!
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:04 am

peewee wrote:
JBG wrote:I have almost 400 computer games.....all originals, and probably another 100 abandonware golden oldies.

DFI LanParty motherboard
Audigy 2

have you ever kissed a girl?   :p    :D  :p

What are these "girls" you speak of?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Piewhack » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:09 am

They are in 'Dead or Alive, Extreme Beach Volleyball'   :D
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:01 pm

Piewhack wrote:Mike tyson's punch out... classic, later changed to just punch out because of copyright infringments.. instead of fighting iron mike at the end, you had to fight some ponce called Mr. Dream..lol!!
Then they made super punch out on Snes, which was also a great game!!! i beat glass joe, in about 8 secs!! lol!

Just dusted off my old PC engine GT which has been hidden in a box in my spare room.. plugged it all up and it worked!!! now where did i put the blasted games for it!!!

Punch out's were mint, I'm gonna get Super Punch Out for my SNES that arrived today.

I always wanted a PC Engine or NeoGeo cos I saw the games in the mag and on TV and they looked ace.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:06 pm

Just download the emulators for the NeoGeo... they still cost a shed load nowadays!!!
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:09 pm

Piewhack wrote:Just download the emulators for the NeoGeo... they still cost a shed load nowadays!!!

Yeah I've got the emulator but it's not the same as having a physical console sat their in all it's glory  :bowdown
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:15 pm

Yeah i know what you mean.
Has anyone ever tried playing streetfighter II with the cross keys!!! lol!
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum