Stop the tax! - No more!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:45 pm

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing instead of road tax will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver.

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect an NIP with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website:

tell tony he's a c.unt
Last edited by Woollyback on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:12 am

Not only are they getting to screw us drivers out of even more money they're gonna know where we're going all of the time. Is it me or is this country slipping towards a police state.

Next we'll be like North Korea and have some little pip-squeak with a dodgy hair cut in charge.Image :p
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:31 am

If that tax comes in, god help you lot. You need a new government in your country and fast as that proposal is a total joke. I would sugeest a citizen revolt if it does come in, it's unfair on so many levels.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:42 am

Goo dluck to them.

No matter what they say or do, no matter what the fines - I will not have one of those machines fitted to my car.

If they start fitting the f*ckers as standard - I'll rip the b*stard out.

I for one will NOT accept this b*llocks.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:00 am

LFC #1 wrote:If that tax comes in, god help you lot. You need a new government in your country and fast as that proposal is a total joke. I would sugeest a citizen revolt if it does come in, it's unfair on so many levels.

Considering that the levels of public transport over here are complete bollox I can see the whole country grinding to a halt and all aspects of industry and business going titties up!!
The government think that bleeding the motorist dry in the UK is going to help solve global warming. Is it fook, it's just sending this country back into the dark ages. People need to travel to live (i.e. work, buy food etc.) are we to go back to using horse and carts??

Our public transport network just doesn't exist. To get to some places people have to wait upto 2 maybe 3 hours for a bus (thats if a bus operates to outlying areas for example). Bus companies don't care about serving small country communities or even certain urban areas if they aren't profitable so they don't serve them. You want to travel by train you normally end up on a bus because the trains don't work.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:09 am

Civil disobedience is the key.

The government throw pensioners in prison for not paying the ridiculous "council tax" (then secretly pay the tax themselves to avoid further bad PR) yet say that murderers, rapists and child abusers have to be freed due to a lack of prison space.

The government force people to pay a "licence fee" (IE: BBC Funding Tax) if you have a television, regardless of whether or not you watch Graham Norton talking about sticking things up his :censored: (which is what his entire act consists of) and Jonathan Ross being paid absurd amounts of money despite never mastering the English language.

If enough people refuse to cooperate, the government backs down.

Look at France. If the government fooks with the farmers and drivers, they blockade Paris. If the government tries to make it easier to fire young people from their jobs, mass anarchy and rioting breaks out.

Far from being cheese eating surrender monkeys, they actually take no shyt from anyone.

Brits should follow that example. The government are there to serve the people. You are not expected to serve the government.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:50 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Civil disobedience is the key.

The government throw pensioners in prison for not paying the ridiculous "council tax" (then secretly pay the tax themselves to avoid further bad PR) yet say that murderers, rapists and child abusers have to be freed due to a lack of prison space.

The government force people to pay a "licence fee" (IE: BBC Funding Tax) if you have a television, regardless of whether or not you watch Graham Norton talking about sticking things up his :censored: (which is what his entire act consists of) and Jonathan Ross being paid absurd amounts of money despite never mastering the English language.

If enough people refuse to cooperate, the government backs down.

Look at France. If the government fooks with the farmers and drivers, they blockade Paris. If the government tries to make it easier to fire young people from their jobs, mass anarchy and rioting breaks out.

Far from being cheese eating surrender monkeys, they actually take no shyt from anyone.

Brits should follow that example. The government are there to serve the people. You are not expected to serve the government.

But don't you think a little Charlie Chaplin-esk moustache and a slick comb-over would suit Blair?

Rupert Murdoch to continue sorting out the Propaganda, with John Prescott opting to head the RAF and dress like a girl.

Gordon Brown could sit about in Number 10 writing "My Struggle", with Blair in a cage for effect, and the Police can be run by Heinerick "Jack" Straw.

It somehow seems possible.  :Oo:  :D
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:36 am

Well sorry peeps, i dont drive, never have, never will.

there are way too many cars on the roads and some sort of additional tax should be used, but only when someone owns more than one car, or a family has more than 2 for example.

Too many cars, lets get rid of some. Not you guys who have the one, but the rich folk... taxes should be paid by the people who do the most damage
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:53 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Far from being cheese eating surrender monkeys, they actually take no shyt from anyone.

except the germans         :D
112-1077774096

Postby Big Niall » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:57 am

funny thing about UK democracy is that nearly two thirds of the people who voted, voted against Labour but yet they get in with a big majority. If you don't have proportional representation (look it up if you don't know what it is) then you don't have a true democracy.

That tracker device and ID cards (to fight those terrorists - how exactly?) are a travesty.

I cannot believe how compliant most British people seem to be, mostly they complain just about the cost and not about the fact that your freedom is being taken away bit by bit.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:19 am

I agree in principle with the idea, the scaremongering stories have to be said and the tracking thing I m not up for but the car usage is excessive in this country.  Maybe this needs to be refined and there has to be an alternative like subsidy for electric cars or a good public transport system which is safe and reliable.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:27 am

im funny:p
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:28 am

dawson99 wrote:im funny:p

What the f****
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:36 am

sorry, left pc on at work and someone hacked in!!!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:22 pm

You got away lightly  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum