So its xmas - What do other folk do?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:08 am

Yes is here..that time of year..you can run but you cant hide!
Yes CHRISTMAS...look at the word?
CHRIST?
MAS and another S and it means BIG!

So anyway and basically its big Jesus time!What about me?I dont believe in Jesus...he makes a good story thats all.

I am meant to be a christian..was brought up that way...Church of Ireland in fact.

Hypocritically and wrongly i endulge in the food n drink fest and get a fat belly!
Why because they all do it and i fit the mould,plus i like eating and drinking being honest!

What do our Muslim mates do?

Anything?
Just act the same or really pray for us to Allah?
Respect our veiws that we dont really care about and make as an excuse the fact we are facing North when we be sick rather than pray...Other folk id like to hear?
Thanks
66-1120597113

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:18 am

So the sauce was good, eh, Barry? :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:24 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:So the sauce was good, eh, Barry? :D

No erm yes well maybe!!
I just wanna know what 'other folk' do on Xmas...probably take flying lessons and not eat nice things but still manage manking breath!Boooooomb..sorry i farted!
66-1120597113

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:28 am

BarryBelfast wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:So the sauce was good, eh, Barry? :D

No erm yes well maybe!!
I just wanna know what 'other folk' do on Xmas...probably take flying lessons and not eat nice things but still manage manking breath!Boooooomb..sorry i farted!

Well for the record, I tend to eat, drink and work.

(But that's just me! :D)

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:45 am

I usually spend all my money on the wife and kids and then look suitably grateful for the socks or box of smelly stuff I get in return. I dont believe in god or anything so I dont go to church. I think Christmas is a time for families, so I try and spend as much time as possible with mine. Then back to avoiding them for the rest of the year lol. Most of my time will be spent as a personal chauffeur to the kids, dropping them off at the pubs and clubs and picking them up after.

We usually put our tree up on the first of December (we still havn't yet this year) but as the kids have got older its more for my wife now. She's in house cleaning mode at the moment, and looking for trouble with anyone who so much as leaves a cup or a newspaper in the wrong place.

My mum, dad, sister and brother are all dead now, so the great family get togethers we used to have are a thing of the past this year, so we will try to have a quiet christmas day dinner with just the 5 of us , and just visit a few friends on Boxing day.

I am hoping for peace on earth, happiness, good will and prosperity to all, and black socks for christmas.

Actually I don't care about the socks as I am buying myself a new computer for christmas  :)
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:59 am

s@int wrote:I usually spend all my money on the wife and kids and then look suitably grateful for the socks or box of smelly stuff I get in return. I dont believe in god or anything so I dont go to church. I think Christmas is a time for families, so I try and spend as much time as possible with mine. Then back to avoiding them for the rest of the year lol. Most of my time will be spent as a personal chauffeur to the kids, dropping them off at the pubs and clubs and picking them up after.

We usually put our tree up on the first of December (we still havn't yet this year) but as the kids have got older its more for my wife now. She's in house cleaning mode at the moment, and looking for trouble with anyone who so much as leaves a cup or a newspaper in the wrong place.

My mum, dad, sister and brother are all dead now, so the great family get togethers we used to have are a thing of the past this year, so we will try to have a quiet christmas day dinner with just the 5 of us , and just visit a few friends on Boxing day.

I am hoping for peace on earth, happiness, good will and prosperity to all, and black socks for christmas.

Actually I don't care about the socks as I am buying myself a new computer for christmas  :)

Thats nice have a good un matey....Please remember to wear your socks to the East at the very least!
Merry Xmas   :nod
66-1120597113

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:09 am

Please tell us like:D
66-1120597113

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:31 am

Hurry up !Where are ya all hiding like....C,mon.......:D
66-1120597113

Postby Red_lass » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:45 am

Anything?
Respect our veiws that we dont really care about and make as an excuse the fact we are facing North when we be sick rather than pray...

:laugh: ahha its a given that we show respect to everyone regardless of race or religion. I'd say X'mas is for all, even if i don't celebrate it, theres no harm in joining in the festive mood! Merry Xmas everyone! :)
Red_lass
Red_lass

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:47 am

BarryBelfast wrote:Please tell us like:D

Merry Christmas Barry mate  :)

I was told growing up that you should never use "Xmas" as that is crossing Christ out of Christmas. (The cr@p I remember from growing up!)   :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:54 am

Red_lass wrote:

Anything?
Respect our veiws that we dont really care about and make as an excuse the fact we are facing North when we be sick rather than pray...

:laugh: ahha its a given that we show respect to everyone regardless of race or religion. I'd say X'mas is for all, even if i don't celebrate it, theres no harm in joining in the festive mood! Merry Xmas everyone! :)

I don't think thats very fair Redlass, getting the benefits with non of the guilt, it's just not on!  :D

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:55 am

s@int wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:Please tell us like:D

Merry Christmas Barry mate  :)

I was told growing up that you should never use "Xmas" as that is crossing Christ out of Christmas. (The cr@p I remember from growing up!)   :D

Yes it shows in ur later years! :D

Mon  wee bazza wants to say hi! :D
66-1120597113

Postby Mikz » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:12 am

Well Ive been in party mode..tonight its the groovy train in the d.r brother,  not sure what thats all about like. :D
Yer welcome to join the party of course.

My woman has a wee cold, but of course its a serious kind of bird flu blew in just for her...but..ya..just..havta..carrrrryy..onnnn   nobody understandsss
:laugh:
WE LOVE YOU SANTA!! WE DO!
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_lass » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:15 am

I don't think thats very fair Redlass, getting the benefits with non of the guilt, it's just not on!  :D

lol says who? i feel the guilt of spending too much during the Xmas sale !! :laugh:
Red_lass
Red_lass

Postby Rafa D » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:20 am

I normally buy all my presents quite late into December. I

I will work Christmas Eve and then go out with the lads.

Wake up Xmas day a mess, hangover to feck.

Go give bird presents and famliy presents.

Go to the pub.

Go home for Xmas dinner, with the missus giving me evils all over dinner.

Have a Xmas nap.

Back to the pub.

Play the fruity

Argue with a least one friend. Then hug each other repeatedly

Argue with missus why I am still in pub

Sleep on couch

Wake up, go to Blackburn

Come home and buy her flowers, say sorry.

Spend the day with her.

Go back to work.

I fucking love christmas.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum