Racist attack in liverpool? - Its 2005, i thought we had moved on ffs!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 2520years » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:32 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
2520years wrote:Barton said in court today that he wasn't aware it was a racist attack.

It beggars belief.
:(

Probably wasnt a racist attack TBH these young ones think they are in the Bronx, use machette's, guns, samuri swords, the other week they found a hand grenade and this gun only found in Afganistan in some drug dealers house, who's now serving 15 years, I mean why did he need these things? Who was he planning using them on?
Ive heard of loads of murders and attacks like this its just cause Anthony was black its all over the news.

They were shouting racist abuse at Anthony and his cousin before the attack.  In my book that makes it a racist attack.

Are you suggesting they picked on Anthony because of a drug dispute, or gang warfare?  I've heard he wasn't involved with any of that, although maybe someone in his family was.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:50 pm

2520years wrote:They were shouting racist abuse at Anthony and his cousin before the attack.  In my book that makes it a racist attack.

Are you suggesting they picked on Anthony because of a drug dispute, or gang warfare?  I've heard he wasn't involved with any of that, although maybe someone in his family was.

No mate, I know Anthony was a good kid and they picked there mark, I know they where shouting racist things to him but Ive known white lads to be hit with hammers and swords also through drug culture in Liverpool.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:52 pm

2520years wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
2520years wrote:Barton said in court today that he wasn't aware it was a racist attack.

It beggars belief.
:(

Probably wasnt a racist attack TBH these young ones think they are in the Bronx, use machette's, guns, samuri swords, the other week they found a hand grenade and this gun only found in Afganistan in some drug dealers house, who's now serving 15 years, I mean why did he need these things? Who was he planning using them on?
Ive heard of loads of murders and attacks like this its just cause Anthony was black its all over the news.

They were shouting racist abuse at Anthony and his cousin before the attack.  In my book that makes it a racist attack.

it was a terrible crime indeed, and i hope they punish the perpetrators well.

however, when a white person is killed, its just said such and such was murdered (not that he/she is white), but if ethnic minorities are killed, its all over the news that a black this or a black that was murdered in a racist attack.

when will someone wake up to the fact that murder is murder for whatever reason.

all murders are racist in motive (ie: you dont like someone for some reason - thats being racist), its just that some of us wont carry out an act such as that, because we are not sick in the head.

we are all capable of killing, its just some kill for thrills and the remainder are accidents. But murder in essence is racist, it has to be for it to exist

food for thought

RIP KEN BIGLEY and ANTHONY WALKER
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:04 pm

Judge wrote:all murders are racist in motive (ie: you dont like someone for some reason - thats being racist), its just that some of us wont carry out an act such as that, because we are not sick in the head.

we are all capable of killing, its just some kill for thrills and the remainder are accidents. But murder in essence is racist, it has to be for it to exist

food for thought

judge, that's absolute b*ll*c*ks. racism isn't not liking someone, racism is hatred for people of a different RACE - there's the giveaway right there, in the word RACE.

race   

1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
   2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.

etc etc

any murder committed against a white person by a black person, a black person by a white person, a chinese against an australian, a serb against an irish could be racist - but only if the motivation was due to  a hatred towards their race

to say that murder is in essence racist is ridiclous. a wife who kills her abusive husband - racist? a robber who kills the convenience store worker - racist? the serial killer who does it for a thrill - racist? of course not.

the word is bandied around far too much nowadays, especially by white people who feel hard done by because they feel they can't play the racist card themselves.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:45 pm

andy_g wrote:
Judge wrote:all murders are racist in motive (ie: you dont like someone for some reason - thats being racist), its just that some of us wont carry out an act such as that, because we are not sick in the head.

food for thought

judge, that's absolute b*ll*c*ks. racism isn't not liking someone, racism is hatred for people of a different RACE - there's the giveaway right there, in the word RACE.

race   

1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
   2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.

etc etc

any murder committed against a white person by a black person, a black person by a white person, a chinese against an australian, a serb against an irish could be racist - but only if the motivation was due to  a hatred towards their race

to say that murder is in essence racist is ridiclous. a wife who kills her abusive husband - racist? a robber who kills the convenience store worker - racist? the serial killer who does it for a thrill - racist? of course not.

the word is bandied around far too much nowadays, especially by white people who feel hard done by because they feel they can't play the racist card themselves.

thats my opinion andy, i dont need a dictionary definition mate.

one could argue that murder is always race related, couldnt one!!

it was just my opinion and i never said others opinions here was bollox. if you dont agree, just say so, without the agro

all the best
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:53 pm

to be fair judge you have put down people's opinions on here as bollox, LA of course and others. me saying bollox doesn't mean aggro - i just think there's absolutely no truth in your argument and gave you my reasons for it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:34 pm

fair enough andy

mind you, if you'd seen some of the pm's by certain folk, then you wouldnt wonder why i have a go.

anyway, thats what makes for good debate. i dont hate these folk though

i wont say bollox again :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:20 pm

Judge wrote:however, when a white person is killed, its just said such and such was murdered (not that he/she is white), but if ethnic minorities are killed, its all over the news that a black this or a black that was murdered in a racist attack.

Wha the hell are you talking about? 
Andy has broken it down already, but I just want to add, how often do we hear 'the robber, a black man, in his 20's' as opposed to 'the robber, a male in his twenties' when it is a crime perpetrated by a WHITE man!! 

Also, 99.9% of the time a white man is 'killed' as you say, it isnt racially motivated now is it?...lets get real here yea!!

However, when its a black person doing crime you are told so either in the news/paper/radio, but they never state the race when its a white guy.
Its not as if they say, 'the paedophile, a white man in his late thirties' for example do they?
It would be 'the paedophile, in his late twenties'.......See the difference...and you are the one complaining....PLEASE!!! 
IMVHO you are just looking for some type of excuse when there is none available, lookin to have a moan about inequalities, when you have no cause!!

If it is racist, then the colour or race of the victim is obviously key.
Unless it is a racially motivated crime then there is no need to mention race (whether it be murder or robbery etc;), as race does not change the crime that has been committed, it is the same no matter who done it, unless, as I just said, it is racially motivated!!
76-1115222408

Postby Mikz » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:28 pm

Bit odd that -the way you describe the black man as the robber and the white man as the paedophile ?lol  To tell you the truth,Ive never heard of any newscaster saying anything like that,but ive heard them describe a person in hope someone might recognise them.
I think the reason they never say ,as you pointed out -the offender ,a white man in his 20s is becos everyone assumes they are white already cos most people here are.
I think we are too guilty of reading into things too deeply.The facts remains,a young fella was murdered-may the bast..ards that did it rot in hell.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:39 pm

Mikz wrote:Bit odd that -the way you describe the black man as the robber and the white man as the paedophile ?lol  To tell you the truth,Ive never heard of any newscaster saying anything like that,but ive heard them describe a person in hope someone might recognise them.
I think the reason they never say ,as you pointed out -the offender ,a white man in his 20s is becos everyone assumes they are white already cos most people here are.
I think we are too guilty of reading into things too deeply.The facts remains,a young fella was murdered-may the bast..ards that did it rot in hell.

Hit the nail on the head there Mikz fella!!
I guess some people just feel better when they feel the whole world is aginst them....even...erm...newsreaders!!

Was a terrible thing those guys done on that poor fella! Seen the weapon they used on the news yesterday...the poor fella had no chance getting hit with that thing! :no
Hope they both get life!
Pity the justice system is such a shambles here,its sick to think they'll be out before they're 40 probably! :no
66-1120597113

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:47 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
Mikz wrote:Bit odd that -the way you describe the black man as the robber and the white man as the paedophile ?lol  To tell you the truth,Ive never heard of any newscaster saying anything like that,but ive heard them describe a person in hope someone might recognise them.

Hit the nail on the head there Mikz fella!!
I guess some people just feel better when they feel the whole world is aginst them....even...erm...newsreaders!!

Was a terrible thing those guys done on that poor fella! Seen the weapon they used on the news yesterday...the poor fella had no chance getting hit with that thing! :no
Hope they both get life!
Pity the justice system is such a shambles here,its sick to think they'll be out before they're 40 probably! :no

Should bring back hanging IMHO hang the feckin lot of them.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:16 am

I'd burn them at the stake tbh, if you commit a crime like that you don't deserve to be treated like a human being. Fuck the Human rights bollox, these sick b@stards don't deserve any rights at all.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:18 am

send 'em all to australia in chains :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:24 am

Woollyback wrote:send 'em all to australia in chains :D

Steady on Woolyback, there are limits to how much you can punish a  man !  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:45 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
Judge wrote:however, when a white person is killed, its just said such and such was murdered (not that he/she is white), but if ethnic minorities are killed, its all over the news that a black this or a black that was murdered in a racist attack.

Wha the hell are you talking about? 
Andy has broken it down already, but I just want to add, how often do we hear 'the robber, a black man, in his 20's' as opposed to 'the robber, a male in his twenties' when it is a crime perpetrated by a WHITE man!! 

Also, 99.9% of the time a white man is 'killed' as you say, it isnt racially motivated now is it?...lets get real here yea!!

However, when its a black person doing crime you are told so either in the news/paper/radio, but they never state the race when its a white guy.
Its not as if they say, 'the paedophile, a white man in his late thirties' for example do they?
It would be 'the paedophile, in his late twenties'.......See the difference...and you are the one complaining....PLEASE!!! 
IMVHO you are just looking for some type of excuse when there is none available, lookin to have a moan about inequalities, when you have no cause!!

If it is racist, then the colour or race of the victim is obviously key.
Unless it is a racially motivated crime then there is no need to mention race (whether it be murder or robbery etc;), as race does not change the crime that has been committed, it is the same no matter who done it, unless, as I just said, it is racially motivated!!

your probably right LA, i blame the media for blowing alot of stuff out of proportion
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum