Pick our best 11 from the premiership years , with a catch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:47 pm

With the international break coming up just a bit of fun and something to think about. Whats your pick for our best 11 during the premiership years .
You can choose your own formation but the catch is every position has to be filled by a player of a different nationality !

I'm working on mine, having trouble filling the FB slots  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:59 pm

After some head scratching  :lookaround

Alisson (brazil)
Steve Nichol (scotland)
Sami Hyypia (finland)
Van Dyk (holland)
Jan Arne Risse (norway)
Gerrard (england)
Masherano (argentina)
Alonso (spain)
Salah (egypt)
Suarez (uraguay)
Mane (senegal)

Struggled with some positions, Molby (denmark) in midfield instead of Masherano, a midfield maestro v a destroyer, stuck with the destroyer when considering the players either side of him. Steve Finnan (ireland) ahead of Nicol (scotland) at right back which would allow Robertson (scotland) in a left back, decided to keep the more versatile Nicol at RB and stick with Riise at left back as for me he always offered a greater goal threat than Robbo  (31 goals in seven seasons v Robbos 9  also in seven seasons) . Unless I've forgotten someone the front three were an easy pick .  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:19 am

It's pretty simple once you think about it. Alisson and Virgil might be among the best we've ever had it their positions so you can't go without them. Same could be said about Salah, Suarez, to an extent Mane and obviously Gerrard (personally I think Alonso is in there too). The likes of Torres, Owen and Fowler also deserve a mention but not ahead of Xabi Alonso/Gerrard.

So yeah, I'd have pretty much the same team as you, only with Finnan at RB and Robo at LB, which you already mentioned yourself.

I think it would be slightly more diffucult to pick if there were no nationality restrictions at all, though for me that one looks simple enough as well and with not that many changes from this one (Fabinho instead of Mascherano and Trent instead of Finnan and that's about it).
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Return to General Chat Forum