Pick a squad

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby cheesecakery » Sat May 08, 2004 7:46 pm

As the title says, pick a squad of players and a system for players not from Newcastle, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man Utd.

I'm bored so i need somethin to keep me entertained.

My formation would be a 4-4-2. I'd go for a continental style of playing the ball out from the back and quck counter attacking. When the team loses the ball i would expect my captian to organise the two banks of 4 quickly and then push up and press in 3's and 4's.

Kanoute       Keane

Fernandes    Malbranque     Davis       Davies

Larry         Upson         Ehiogu      Carr

Niemi

Taylor
Southgate
Dunn
Rooney
Phillips

I've left alot of good players out of the team but i feel thats as good as i could think of. I wanted a certain mix of players with the right qualities thinking of all aspects of the game.

I think the Goalkeeper is a very good one. good reflexes good kicking. Not bad from crosses either.

I went for Carr at right back he'd possibly be a contender to be my captain. He's strong can defend and overlaps well. He's got great energy and has a good alround game.

On the left i couldn't think who to pick and i've always rated Gareth Barry. For me he's one of the best left sided players in the country and has improved alot these last two seasons. I know he plays left midfield for Villa but he has played left back and centre half and centre mid and i think he's a superb player who can fill any of those positions. He would offer technical ability at the back which would be needed to suit the style of play.

In the middle i went for Upson because of his pace and good defensive play. He's also decent technically so shouldn't have to much of a problem fitting into the system. He also reads the game very well. Ehiogu for me is the less mobile of the two but i needed a player in these who has immense physical pressence and this is something i think he offers aswell as good basic defensive qualities.

In the centre of midfield i went for Malbranques industry and creative flair with Davis' box to box ball winning work to offer me the right mix. I wouldn't tie either of them down to a specific role though, i'd want them to share responsibilities and make there own decisions on weather or not both should go and attack at the same time. On the right side of midfield i went for Davies as he's a box to box player with pace who can score and create goals. His work rate is also very good, on the left i went for the vision and technicall ability of Fernandes. He's a player i rate and one i think can still improve. Technically he is very good, a good passer and a good crosser of the ball with good vision aswell. He is also a danger from set peices.

Upfront i didn't go for the natural goalscorer. It was close between Keane and Phillips, but i went for Keane due to him being a better player. Beattie was in with a shout aswell but i wanted Kanoute's technical ability, also his ability to win headers and hold the ball up and offer physical pressence.
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby cheesecakery » Wed May 19, 2004 1:43 pm

anyone can join in , its free  :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 19, 2004 2:08 pm

Nobody likes you.
jonnymac1979

Postby cheesecakery » Wed May 19, 2004 10:02 pm

oh they do  :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Woollyback » Wed May 19, 2004 11:14 pm

oooooh no they don't
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Thu May 20, 2004 12:59 am

Cheesy only the muppets like you, you are a ****** manc t****** people love Beavis the true peoples champion
116-1065305004

Postby RedSi » Thu May 20, 2004 9:40 am

I can't believe it, this is the first post I've seen from CheeseyManc which is a genuine bit of footie conversation and demonstrates some semblence of knowledge of the game and everyone's jumped on his back!!!

Good for you Cheesey, keep 'em coming.....

My team would be:

Niemi

Carr     Southgate   Ehiogu    Barry

Mendieta  Okocha  Malbranque  Davies

Kanoute     Rooney     

Subs:
James
Defoe
Davis
Mellberg
Delaney
Keane

I appreciate that the midfield has a bit of a gung-ho look about it but what the heck, this is just theory, who wants to pick a holding midfielder....

:D
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Thu May 20, 2004 1:09 pm

Thats very good of you cheesey a nice normal post...

but why in generl chat??
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby cheesecakery » Thu May 20, 2004 1:43 pm

Dom1 wrote:Thats very good of you cheesey a nice normal post...

but why in generl chat??

because i stole it from another site  :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby RedSi » Thu May 20, 2004 1:47 pm

That's more like it CheeseyManc, what a mug I was, you truly are a fu**ing wan*er of the highest order..... :angry:
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Thu May 20, 2004 1:52 pm

ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Dom1 » Fri May 21, 2004 12:19 pm

cheesecakery wrote:

but why in generl chat??

God u dont try very hard to lie do you, you could have just said " i woke up with a new lease of life and thought i would make an interesting post of my own"

and i still wouldnt have believed you, but you could have tried................you really never cease to amaze me!

Dom1
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby cheesecakery » Fri May 21, 2004 1:54 pm

good idea  :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby cheesecakery » Fri May 21, 2004 1:55 pm

but why in generl chat??

" i woke up with a new lease of life and thought i would make an interesting post of my own"

honest

ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 21, 2004 2:58 pm

cheesecakery wrote:

but why in generl chat??

:D  :laugh:  :D  :laugh:
Thats our Cheesy

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Return to General Chat Forum