NEWKIT FANTASY FOOTY

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:56 am

In case any of you missed it.

The Good Yank has set up new fantasy footy leagues for newkit members and mates.

To sign up go to

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

When you've sorted your team navigate to the 'Join Leagues' button and select 'Private League

enter code 1812618-419750 for normal league

enter code 1812618-427603 for the head to head.

C'mon lads, sign up, it'll give us something else to fight about !   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:38 pm

BTW, if any of you lads want to change your managers name to your forum name use your My Account page on premierleague.com.

To change the manager's name go to the "My Account" link at the top right hand corner of your profile. Select the "Update Your Account" link and on this page you can change your name and then click on 'Submit' button.

When you are taken back to the My Account page make sure you select the "Visit Fantasy Premier League" link to ensure these changes are saved.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:27 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:38 am wrote:BTW, if any of you lads want to change your managers name to your forum name use your My Account page on premierleague.com.

To change the manager's name go to the "My Account" link at the top right hand corner of your profile. Select the "Update Your Account" link and on this page you can change your name and then click on 'Submit' button.

When you are taken back to the My Account page make sure you select the "Visit Fantasy Premier League" link to ensure these changes are saved.

Maybe worth having a list of Team names and associated Screen Names on this thread for reference?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:07 pm

Tried to change my name but didn't work, anyway my team name is Codarmy.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:46 am

parchpea » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:07 am wrote:Tried to change my name but didn't work, anyway my team name is Codarmy.

Took me a couple of attempts but after I logged out and login in again it finally changed
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:46 am

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:27 pm wrote:Maybe worth having a list of Team names and associated Screen Names on this thread for reference?

:nod

So far

Anfield Irons - Woof Woof
A Pair of Old Socks - Red Till I Die
Codarmy - Parchpea
Flanno's Front Teeth - Ethanr
LazaLiverLoons - Laza
Macedonia FC - Damjan
No Hope - Supersub (?)

I'd put up a full list if I knew who everybody was   :D

To anyone still thinking about joining in. There's only 6 slots left in the newkit classic league and just over 24 hours before it all kicks off !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:54 am

Agree to disagree - SCS

although this may be subject to change.

Also worth noting that new members can join the standard league after the first game but the H2H league refuses new entries after 11am Saturday (London time for all you foreigners).
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:44 pm

don't see stu in there  :no  he must be giving us a head start  :D

BTW lads shame on you's if there is manure players in your set-up  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:46 pm

who pipped me for the classic league last year ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:48 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:44 pm wrote:don't see stu in there  :no  he must be giving us a head start  :D

He probably playing fantasy la liga so he can still  have  Suarez  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:37 am

Anybody having any warning messages when trying to log into the fantasy footy site this morning ?.

When I hit the login button the web address changes from fantasy.premierleague.com to users.premierleague.com/PremierUser/redirectLogin

And my browser gives me the following message

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to users.premierleague.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

Tech details

users.premierleague.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on 01/09/2014 00:59. The current time is 01/09/2014 09:27. (Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

I'm not too keen on proceeding to a site whose ID can't be identified, am I being too cautious ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:41 am

woof woof ! » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:37 am wrote:Anybody having any warning messages when trying to log into the fantasy footy site this morning ?.

When I hit the login button the web address changes from fantasy.premierleague.com to users.premierleague.com/PremierUser/redirectLogin

And my browser gives me the following message

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to users.premierleague.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

Tech details

users.premierleague.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on 01/09/2014 00:59. The current time is 01/09/2014 09:27. (Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

I'm not too keen on proceeding to a site whose ID can't be identified, am I being too cautious ?

I wouldn't worry. Just sounds like someone at IT didn't update the security certificate.

Just ensure that you are not being directed to another website - that could indicate your machine has been compromised. As long as Firefox states the end address is still fantasy.premierleague.com (or some variation thereof).

FWIW, I use Chrome and I haven't seen any weird certificate expiry messages. Chrome normally tells me if so.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:01 am

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:41 am wrote:I wouldn't worry. Just sounds like someone at IT didn't update the security certificate.

Just ensure that you are not being directed to another website - that could indicate your machine has been compromised. As long as Firefox states the end address is still fantasy.premierleague.com (or some variation thereof).

FWIW, I use Chrome and I haven't seen any weird certificate expiry messages. Chrome normally tells me if so.

Cheers SCS but I'm still hesitant, to proceed I'm being asked to "make an exception and accept the new address", all this without yet knowing if I can trust the new addy.

I've emailed the help desk will wait and see their response (if any), as you infer maybe they just haven't got round to updating their security cert. Checking the net it's apparently something that's happened in other seasons.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:33 am

woof woof ! » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:01 am wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:41 am wrote:I wouldn't worry. Just sounds like someone at IT didn't update the security certificate.

Cheers SCS but I'm still hesitant, to proceed I'm being asked to "make an exception and accept the new address", all this without yet knowing if I can trust the new addy.

I've emailed the help desk will wait and see their response (if any), as you infer maybe they just haven't got round to updating their security cert. Checking the net it's apparently something that's happened in other seasons.

But what is the new address?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:05 am

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:33 am wrote:But what is the new address?

The main page addy is "http://fantasy.premierleague.com/"

When I press the login button the addy changes to

"users.premierleague.com/PremierUser/redirectLogin"

and the untrusted connection warning comes up. It's the "redirectLogin" bit that bothers me.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to General Chat Forum