My posting

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:52 pm

A improvement on last season was all I expected not to win the league in his first season.
Are we going to improve from last season, I cant see it we are in even more of a mess than we were under Houllier at the present time.
And the club are always crying poverty saying we cant afford the big names, can you see that changing if we dont get into the Champions League this season?
As I said if the club finishes 4th give him more time, if they dont well bring someone else in.
Thats my opinion, whoever doesnt like what I post can go and Fry their ar5es

How can one improve when you have obstacles thrown in front of you everywhere you go? Owen said he was going to sign a contract, Owen and Cisse up front, what great partnership. Whoops, Owen signed for Madrid and Cisse broke his leg.

How did Rafa get Valencia to success without world class players and funds? Hard work, and hard work takes time. Chelsea aren't working hard, they are buying trophies because they can't do it any other way.

All this time you've been saying that we should sack Rafa and now you're saying to give him time?

Inconsistancy is still part of our team, even if you beat Arsenal. Our main problem is inconsistancy, and its been hard for Rafa with injuries and everything else thrown his way but he has not once complained. He took this job knowing that it wasn't going to be a walk in the park.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:53 pm

A.B. wrote:
A improvement on last season was all I expected not to win the league in his first season.
Are we going to improve from last season, I cant see it we are in even more of a mess than we were under Houllier at the present time.
And the club are always crying poverty saying we cant afford the big names, can you see that changing if we dont get into the Champions League this season?
As I said if the club finishes 4th give him more time, if they dont well bring someone else in.
Thats my opinion, whoever doesnt like what I post can go and Fry their ar5es

How can one improve when you have obstacles thrown in front of you everywhere you go? Owen said he was going to sign a contract, Owen and Cisse up front, what great partnership. Whoops, Owen signed for Madrid and Cisse broke his leg.

How did Rafa get Valencia to success without world class players and funds? Hard work, and hard work takes time. Chelsea aren't working hard, they are buying trophies because they can't do it any other way.

All this time you've been saying that we should sack Rafa and now you're saying to give him time?

Inconsistancy is still part of our team, even if you beat Arsenal. Our main problem is inconsistancy, and its been hard for Rafa with injuries and everything else thrown his way but he has not once complained. He took this job knowing that it wasn't going to be a walk in the park.

Well can you see us getting 4th place?
82-1074641017

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:55 pm

Why wouldn't I? I haven't lost hope and I never will, fourth place is not impossible. It wasn't impossible last year and it isn't this year.

Do you actually think that Everton will stay in fourth place with 13 games to be played?

That's the difference between us and sides like Boro and Everton. We hang in there until the end, while they slip at times when they shouldn't.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:56 pm

A.B. wrote:Why wouldn't I? I haven't lost hope and I never will, fourth place is not impossible. It wasn't impossible last year and it isn't this year.

Do you actually think that Everton will stay in fourth place with 13 games to be played?

That's the difference between us and sides like Boro and Everton. We hang in there until the end, while they slip at times when they shouldn't.

Theres a possibility but anywhere below 4th this season and he has to go
82-1074641017

Postby dawson99 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:56 pm

i think 4th place is very obtainable.
anyone who says different... well, dunno why go on a liverpool forum just to moan ???
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:57 pm

Yeah Roberts

But no excuses please Ab all clubs have up and down periods

And on Mourhino, he inherited a good team and bought even more good players but instilled arrogance and belief which is what Ranieri did not do, ok the board didnt help but he still didnt do it

Benitez on the other hand has a bigger rebuilding job and less funds so the mistakes he has made AND he has made some are highlighted more especially with the history of the club he's got.

So whilst I see why your not happy Roberts I think your impetuous and impatient
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:00 pm

taff wrote:So whilst I see why your not happy Roberts I think your impetuous and impatient

Impatient ive been waiting since 1990 ???
82-1074641017

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:03 pm

taff wrote:So whilst I see why your not happy Roberts I think your impetuous

you have a point there though :D
82-1074641017

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:04 pm

Taff these are not execuses these are facts. 16 players have been injured this season, 16 players!!!! We've had the most injuries in Europe, let alone England.

Theres a possibility but anywhere below 4th this season and he has to go

And we will lose 30 million if we let him go. Did you forget that we had to pay Houllier to leave? All this costs money my friend, something we don't have a lot of at the moment.

Houllier got us in 7th place in his first season.

Where was Man Utd with Fergie in his first season?

You are a guilty of a huge crime in the world of football fans, and that is giving up on the team you support. Whether you support Blackpool or Liverpool you don't lose hope and faith.

This season is a pre-season to our next season. Whatever happens this year will help Rafa and us next year.

Don't forget that his man has only been here for six months, not six years. Your behaviour as a fan is ridicilus.

If Man Utd had sacked Fergie in his first season they wouldn't be where they are now.

If we had sacked Shanks in his first season we wouldn't had accomplished what we had accomplished while he was the manager.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:05 pm

Roberts wrote:
taff wrote:So whilst I see why your not happy Roberts I think your impetuous and impatient

Impatient ive been waiting since 1990 ???

And Chelsea fans since 1950. Whether its 15 years or 50 years hope and faith can not be lost.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby taff » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:13 pm

A.B. wrote:Taff these are not execuses these are facts. 16 players have been injured this season, 16 players!!!! We've had the most injuries in Europe, let alone England.

I am aware of the facts but we still dont hide behind them
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:14 pm

Nobody is hiding behind them but people need to be aware of those facts.

Roberts sit down and think through the history of football, think through and think about the successful managers in the past. What they have done and accomplished but they were all given time and you're not willing to give time to Benitez because you've waited since 1990 but so have many others and they aren't posting rubbish such as sacking Rafa if we don't finish fourth.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby taff » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:16 pm

If he doesnt like Benitez he dont like him
Its just that the majority do

So GO FRY  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:16 pm

Roberts wrote:Theres a possibility but anywhere below 4th this season and he has to go

All arguing aside Roberts, lets do footbal ldebate on your point.

If we sack the manager for one season, and it happens again, do we sack the next man ?

No.

If we sack the manager is there any guarantee that the next man we take on will be the answer ?

No.

Was Rome built in a day ?

No.

The point is, if we start sacking managers willy nilly, we then become a Spurs or the like. You MUST give a manager in this day and age time and money.

Rafa has inherited an appaulingly weak squad of mostly average players, and you yourself say we have no money, so what we MUST give him is time.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm

this is just weird...

roberts gets involved in football chats in the football section and it turns into weird sh!t and arguments.

roberts starts a thread in general chat and it turns into a proper discussion on the merits of the manager.

don't you just love the unpredictability of this forum?? can't understand why some people want to leave.

:laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum