Margaret thatcher

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:34 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Mikz wrote:Loved and loathed here. Ill always remember her stance on terrorism and terrorist situations ...One phone call to The SAS and it was done and dusted

Yeah then we had the anglo irish agreement! :no

not her finest hour. she always just went for it, never worried about what people thought of her. You gotta repsect her leadership qualities there, but as for the agreement, one of the supedest things in our governments history
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:47 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
Mikz wrote:Loved and loathed here. Ill always remember her stance on terrorism and terrorist situations ...One phone call to The SAS and it was done and dusted

Yeah then we had the anglo irish agreement! :no

not her finest hour. she always just went for it, never worried about what people thought of her. You gotta repsect her leadership qualities there, but as for the agreement, one of the supedest things in our governments history

I wish she was still PM today.There would be no preaching of hate from "clerics" if she was as well.The country is a joke now,they all bend over backwards as not to offend anyone..No one ever got anything done without treading on some fuc'kers toes!

Hello would you like a game of bowls?

Hold on until I check my health and safety pack,no you are not on the list.

Why

Are you septicemia,legionella,hepititus B,aids or diabeties..

No..my name is Barry.

Hold on till i check.

I cant get through to my boss
Tell him im radioactive.

He said you can go through

Thanks!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:53 pm

You play bowls? :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:57 pm

dawson99 wrote:You play bowls? :D

Yup! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:59 pm

me too!!!

well, played once, in regents park by the diana Memorial... and i was drunk. Quality tho!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:07 am

i hate this women and i actually celebrated the day they finally got rid of her, she ran Liverpool and many other places in the north into the ground during her spell and the day she leaves this earth ill have another cold one
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby ox5 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:07 am

although i have only just arrived on this forum, i never thought that a debate could be had like this? is there any other subject that could divide this community as much, or have the members wishing harm or hatred on a single person?? apart from the plebs @ cold trufford! :cool:
LFC 4EVA
*pm me if you have any spare home tickets for me and daugter!!*
ox5

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:36 am

redhayesy wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Effes wrote:She sh@t on less well off people.

There is talk of her having a state funeral - only if she's still alive in the box if you ask me.

Liverpool really suffered in the 80's - there was a mass exodus of people who left to find work.

Ive got 3 brothers and 3 sisters - all 3 brothers left, and 2 sisters left. Never to return.
So in effect, she broke up my family.

Witch.

:bowdown

ONE BITCH OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

yep & a fecking ugly one at that. fecking old hag ruined this country! she stoped our free school milk aswell!! {thatcher, thatcher the milk snatcher}

The quite opposite in fact -

Trade union reform has led to dramatic improvements in industrial relations. The UK economy now boasts the most efficient labour markets in Europe. 80 Ideas

From 1983-1987 real average weekly earnings were increased by 14% while the stock-market quintupled in value. Thatcherism - Did it succeed

Now I am not saying the way she enforced those policies, especially in the North of England, were right. I think in hindsight both the introduction of poll tax and the movement away from state controlled industry (such as the coal mines) could of been done in a better way to minimise impact. But nevertheless it was necessary. Let's not forget the reason the state controlled manufacturing was due to the condition the country was left in after WWII, the government has to pool its cash (and numerous restructuring loans from the USA) to rebuild the country.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:40 pm

She didnt just run Northern cities down, we had problems down Sarf ya know. You wasnt being victimised because of your funny accents ya know.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:53 pm

Bam wrote:She didnt just run Northern cities down, we had problems down Sarf ya know. You wasnt being victimised because of your funny accents ya know.

Funny accents  :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:19 pm

I grew up in a mining town in South Wales so hate her.  Pride before any social or economic sense.

Good drama mind you
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:28 pm

no it wasn't - the IRA were bombing buildings and killing men,women and children indescrimately for her whole reign.

It was actually John Major who had the courage to open communications with the IRA (who the vast majority of people hated) and started the ball rolling on a much improved, if not perfect, Northern Ireland.

Thatcher had the strength of her commitment but a weakness to see others points of view and that life isn't black and white.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:33 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Effes wrote:She sh@t on less well off people.

There is talk of her having a state funeral - only if she's still alive in the box if you ask me.

Liverpool really suffered in the 80's - there was a mass exodus of people who left to find work.

Ive got 3 brothers and 3 sisters - all 3 brothers left, and 2 sisters left. Never to return.
So in effect, she broke up my family.

Witch.

:bowdown

ONE BITCH OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

yep & a fecking ugly one at that. fecking old hag ruined this country! she stoped our free school milk aswell!! {thatcher, thatcher the milk snatcher}

The quite opposite in fact -

Trade union reform has led to dramatic improvements in industrial relations. The UK economy now boasts the most efficient labour markets in Europe. 80 Ideas

From 1983-1987 real average weekly earnings were increased by 14% while the stock-market quintupled in value. Thatcherism - Did it succeed

Now I am not saying the way she enforced those policies, especially in the North of England, were right. I think in hindsight both the introduction of poll tax and the movement away from state controlled industry (such as the coal mines) could of been done in a better way to minimise impact. But nevertheless it was necessary. Let's not forget the reason the state controlled manufacturing was due to the condition the country was left in after WWII, the government has to pool its cash (and numerous restructuring loans from the USA) to rebuild the country.

wasn't britain the last western european country to go to the IMF bank for a bail out in the mid 1970s

I believe that thatcher did what was, by and large, needed. I do agree though that she should have tried to do it in a humane way. somebody mentioned earlier being made redundant but the company being really good about how they did it.

she should have tried to create some new type of industry to replace the old ones, or to create some finance centres in the north. i think she only understood numbers, economics etc, and  failed to see that people is what is most important.
Last edited by Big Niall on Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:20 pm

Big Niall wrote:

no it wasn't - the IRA were bombing buildings and killing men,women and children indescrimately for her whole reign.

It was actually John Major who had the courage to open communications with the IRA (who the vast majority of people hated) and started the ball rolling on a much improved, if not perfect, Northern Ireland.

Thatcher had the strength of her commitment but a weakness to see others points of view and that life isn't black and white.

When I said done and dusted, i didnt mean she improved the situation, I mean she lifted her hand and biatch slapped them right back , live by the sword die by it.
The iranian embassy siege among many others
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:28 pm

dawson99 wrote:I like smoking. I enjoy it. im on 20 a day roughly, but a decent night out that can easily hit triple figures.

Theres a bird at work, one of them 'just quit' tyopes. thats the worst... fecking annoying!!!

if you don't like the women in your workplace and like to go out at night and pay money to have a fag in your mouth, that is your business. :D  :D  :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum