Knew seezon - Blah blah blah

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby cheesecrackernuts » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:03 am

I think tha whole squad will all start at the same level and can show the new manager what they can do.  Most players not been acquainted with the new manager yet - not been talking, not even met but if any player play badly you can end up on the bench. Some changes had to happen. Every player should have that kind of feeling. Our results were not good.
Some players are still coming to terms with the dismissal of former boss Gerard Houllier, while admitting that they understand why the Frenchman had to go. Of course, it hurts to some of them because he was the one who signed some of the players and gave them a lot of responsibility. Some players noted that Liverpool were hoping to put a poor season behind them and challenge Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United for the Premiership title.

Hey, now i got two balls under my avatar, that looks funny!!!

:D
cheesecrackernuts

Postby cheesecrackernuts » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:25 am

I do think we can win the title next season. The new boss has the experience and he has won two Spanish titles in three years. Liverpool finished fourth last season and I know they have not won the title since 1990 but a new coach brings new ideas. I only know Rafa Benitez by reputation but I realise he's a great coach. Valencia's results in the last few seasons speak hugely of his success. I hope we'll work well together and I'm sure we will.

now i got three balls under my avatar, that's not funny anymore, can you moderator change it into two again, please :(
cheesecrackernuts

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:34 am

i got 3 balls to
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecrackernuts » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:54 am

i think that MILAN BAROS must stay at Liverpool and be given the chance to play along-side Djibril Cisse on a regular basis. He is a handful for defences and always inspired confidence in me when he came on and worked his magic. Why should Owen be given priority over Baros? Owen should have to fight for his place too after a lacklustre performance last season. It would be a crime if Baros were to leave Anfield prior to the new campaign. What if Owen or Cisse get injured? :angry: :angry:

People will take balls,
Balls will be lost always, little boy,
And no one buys a ball back. 
He is learning, well behind his desperate eyes,
The epistemology of loss, how to stand up
Knowing what every man must one day know
And most know many days, how to stand up
And gradually light returns to the street
A whistle blows, the ball is out of sight,
Soon part of me will explore the deep and dark
Floor of the harbour . . I am everywhere,
I suffer and move, my mind and my heart move
With all that move me, under the water
Or whistling, I am not a little boy.
Tho i'm having a rabbit.

:blues:
cheesecrackernuts

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:23 am

Ian rush says:
(june 29)
IT'S not often the bookies get it wrong. But a price of 40-1 against Milan Baros to be top scorer at Euro 2004 now looks generous in the extreme. And it's not as if Milan has suddenly exploded into life. His goalscoring record at international level going into the tournament was excellent - and ever since he arrived at Anfield three years ago he has steadily improved. His performances in Portugal have shown, I think, how much he has learned from playing and training with Michael Owen, particuarly that first goal against the Danes on Sunday night. He showed against Denmark how much composure he has developed and, coupled with his pace, his busyness and the intelligence of his runs, that makes him a very potent player.

The prospect of Milan, Michael and Djibril Cisse all competing for striking berths in the Liverpool first team next season, pushed by Florent Sinama Pongolle and Anthony Le Tallec, is a mouth-watering one. The reasons why we haven't seen Milan produce the kind of form at Anfield that he has done in Portugal are fairly obvious. For one, he never enjoyed a run of consistent appearances all that often because Gerard Houllier preferred a more powerful target-man in Emile Heskey alongside Michael Owen. But also, whenever Milan did play alongside Michael, he found himself having to take up a slightly different role than the one he enjoys for the Czechs because they both like to make the same kind of runs. That doesn't mean they can't forge a very exciting partnership together in the future.

What his form and the signing of Cisse does mean, however, is that whatever forward line Rafael Benitez selects next season should be a real handful for opposing defences to handle.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:24 am

I got no balls :(
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:41 am

neither have i  ???
112-1077774096

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:46 am

you guyz are to elite for us :)
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:46 pm

Arrrgghhh I'm just frustrated cant remember how much balls iv'e got.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:47 pm

None Bo ll o x. No, actually i have none..Damn it i wonder if my wife knows...hmmm???
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:52 pm

I had my 4 balls removed a few month ago. The Mrs has them in jar as a reminder for what happens when you let another lady play with you balls.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:04 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:46 pm

I have 5 balls, because im special :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1