In real Life

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Funny how it works on here.  We can argue and complain about how a football club is run, who the new players are that we are bringing in etc.  meanwhile, my wife has just been diagnosed with Ovarian cancer and I have been diagnosed as well with throat cancer.  I've not a clue as to the ramifications on my better half's side.  For the two of us to get this news right on the back of each other has been a bit hard to deal with.  Just have to keep faith i guess and hope that our dream of making it to Anfield one day actually comes true.

Sorry to be a downer.  This forum actually means alot to me and I just hope you all are well and taking care of yourselves.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:31 pm

God gutted for you - truely am

Fight it pal - everyone will be behind you and our thoughts will be with you both.

YNWA.
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:34 pm

The Good Yank » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:17 pm wrote:Funny how it works on here.  We can argue and complain about how a football club is run, who the new players are that we are bringing in etc.  meanwhile, my wife has just been diagnosed with Ovarian cancer and I have been diagnosed as well with throat cancer.  I've not a clue as to the ramifications on my better half's side.  For the two of us to get this news right on the back of each other has been a bit hard to deal with.  Just have to keep faith i guess and hope that our dream of making it to Anfield one day actually comes true.

Sorry to be a downer.  This forum actually means alot to me and I just hope you all are well and taking care of yourselves.

Truly sorry to hear that ,I hope you and your wife make a full recovery ,and I'm sure you will both get to visit Anfield .

You're both in my prayers mate .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:35 pm

Puts our petty debates and arguments in perspective. My thoughts are with you and your family.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Terrible news, must be a shock for your family, i hope you both pull through it together
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:15 pm

I can't imagine how difficult that must be for both of you, mate, especially as you have kids. It really does put the trivialities of forum life into perspective. I hope you can take some strength from knowing that you're part of a global LFC community and every one of us is wishing you a speedy recovery. YNWA.
LFC2007

Postby Red Indian » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:19 pm

Terrible news. I'm gutted for both of you and pray you have the strength and courage to fight this and pull through.
Red Indian

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:30 pm

The Good Yank » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:17 pm wrote:Funny how it works on here.  We can argue and complain about how a football club is run, who the new players are that we are bringing in etc.  meanwhile, my wife has just been diagnosed with Ovarian cancer and I have been diagnosed as well with throat cancer.  I've not a clue as to the ramifications on my better half's side.  For the two of us to get this news right on the back of each other has been a bit hard to deal with.  Just have to keep faith i guess and hope that our dream of making it to Anfield one day actually comes true.

christ that is horrendous news.
i`m sure everything will be fine though mate, they have made huge strides in treating that awful disease over the last decade or so. every time i open the paper there are articles about how they are developing enzymes and things that actually eat the cancer.
stay positive mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Jesus, mate, that's a terrible hand you've both been dealt.  Keep the faith and stay strong, mate.  You're in this together and you'll pull each other through.  YNWA
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:41 pm

I hope you and your missus pull through this mate. My thoughts are with you, YNWA.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:54 pm

its hard to know what to say when someone presents you with news like that. keep strong and positive though, mate. from my vague memories of the 'what do you look like' thread you look like a big, tough fella. like everyone says, our thoughts are with you both.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Thanks mates.  Positive thinking is our only route right now.  Her's is operable.  Mine, not as straight forward.  Going to do Chemo and go from there.  Fortunately, I'm already bald lol.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:17 pm

Awful news to share that buddy,

keep the faith, stay strong and you and your wife will get through this.

I'll be praying for you both
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:32 am

Damn man, what sad news. Makes you think this Sh*t, can happen to everyone. I'm sure it's curable, you and your wife just need to be strong now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:05 am

I know its easier said than done but try to stay strong for each other. Cant imagine how hard it must be for the both of you but together you will hopefully pull through. Like everyone else said, we're all here for you wishing you a swift and full recovery, just fight on.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum