In real Life

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:30 pm

fivecups » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:20 pm wrote:Just seen this - how did your consultation go?

Better than the West Brom game, not as good as Istanbul.

I've got options as to just go straight into Chemo, or have exporatory surgery... and then do Chemo.  The docs do think it's got a very likely chance of being treated succesfully.

As far as my wife is concerned.  Well, she is going to have her ovaries removed and then we'll see from there.  Hopefully that will do the trick.  She will likely go through Chemo after the surgery as well to make sure any traces that have spread are treated as well.  She's a bit down though as she  had been thinking of having another rugrat.  I say, F.uck that, just get healthy for the three we have (didn't tell her that, I played the sympathetic role).
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Fingers crossed for you John, keep fighting mate
Benny The Noon

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Thats some promising news. Hopefully everything goes well for the both of you. Stay strong and keep us updated.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:59 pm

that sounds like good news mate, look on the bright side, you've been given a fighting chance.  :)
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:20 am

Good stuff GY sounds like very positive news

Walk on
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:31 am

sounds like good news mate! made up for you.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby tonyeh » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:33 am

It's some positive news Yank. I hope all goes well.

Keep strong.
tonyeh

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:51 am

fuc.k me i've just seen this post . Stay strong my yankey friend , remember the revolution and treat that cancer like its a manc . kick the f.uck out of it mate and you and your judy will enjoy a long and fruitful life together with your little'uns. You and your missus keep fighting and you will make it to anfield mate . Y.N.W.A brother.  :buttrock
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:39 am

Thanks for the support guys.  I've (along with my doctors) decided to go straight to Chemo.  I'll be starting it sometime late next month.  So the lines have been drawn in the sand and I'm going to really step into the fight.  Hopefully lots of trips to the Upper East Side of Manhattan will get rid of this.  Having quit the beer and now the tobacco (something I'd never thought possible) all in the space of a few months is enough of a shock to my system. 

Having alot of trouble sleeping at night.  Once I get settled in the mind just starts racing.  I worry more about my kids and my wife more than my own situation, but obviously they all intertwine.  Just gotta stay positive.

Dunno if any of you have heard of Eric Legrand.  He is a guy who was paralyzed while playing in a (American )College football game for my Alma Mater, Rutgers University.  Google or youtube this kid.  IF ever you need a moment of inspiration or anything positive, this guy's story and fight will get you going in the right direction.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:52 am

bloody hell. Terrible news. I've been absokutely miserable the last month or so but that's put alll my cr@p into perspective. Be strong for each other, I really hope you both pull through. My thoughts are with the both of you. YNWA
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Having alot of trouble sleeping at night.  Once I get settled in the mind just starts racing.  I worry more about my kids and my wife more than my own situation, but obviously they all intertwine.  Just gotta stay positive.

It's easy for me to say GY but you MUST NOT let your mind get "settled" into anxious repetitive thinking. You must be conscious of this negative thinking the moment it starts to brew in your head, at which point YOU MUST distract your thoughts. I would say think of your family but for various reasons this may bring you back round to negative thoughts - as you say you worry about them. Things 'more' materialistic perhaps to pleasantly think about or LFC. But you must be aware of this kind of thinking to be able to distract from it in the first place, it won't help it it keeps going around in your head. Other than that, exercise as much as you can to really tire yourself out for when your head hits the pillow.

You'll be alright fella, just don't let your mind burden you down, you don't need it.  :)
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:24 pm

What KK said

think positive, you will get through this!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:29 pm wrote: Other than that, exercise as much as you can to really tire yourself out for when your head hits the pillow.

Good advice. Exercise releases all kinds of great chemicals into your bloodstream and around the brain that will help you feel better and hopefully get a good night's kip. In fact, it's been proven that people who exercise regularly get a better night's sleep than those who don't. BTW,  KK, do you exercise?  :D
LFC2007

Postby lakes10 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:48 pm

good luck mate and be strong, instead of laying there trying to sleep write it all down mate, no one ever has to see it if you dont wish but it gets all them thoughts out of your head....it works.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:19 am

Hey guys, been doing the Chemo and things are going well.  Last week however, Had the Chemo and then got the Flu a couple of days after.  Just got home from the hospital (had the cable tv stations to be able to watch the matches) and I'm feeling pretty good.  No more Chemo sessions until after the holidays.  The wife is doing very well, she's just got to now deal with this sick old bugger.
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum