George manc best - Dying

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:34 am

Not being one to start a contraversial thread i feel i must at least pay some respect!!
Described by Pele 'the best player in the world' and in later years as still the same...........Mr George Best at least desrerves a pat on the liver!!

I may not be by any means to your taste in my posts and nor will i be when you all see this! Do i give a fu.ck??? NO

George Best was born in the Cregagh estate in east Belfast amongst probably the worst violence ever here!
He played with a ball constantly from the age of 5!
Get me a fish supper George said his father...George went to the chippy and so did the ball...back came the fish supper and also the ball!
Neither had touched the ground once!!

Around the neighbourhood folk(or people) had talked about George!He and his modest family had shyed away from the fact that George may have been gifted? 'How can a wee man from Cregagh play in England.....he needs his ma...he's only fuc.kin 12 said Mrs Best.......and the ball still never touched the ground cause the BEST footballer ever was in the back room listening to all.........and the ball still had not touched the ground!

Manc cu.nt yes!!

Legend :nod  :nod  :nod  :nod
66-1120597113

Postby Paul C » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:09 am

I don't really care about the man, I don't think he deserves to die but he had his second chance after his transplant and continued to hit the ale, if that wasn't enough of a wake up call I don't know what is, their is plenty of people waiting for organ donors who wouldn't take the p1ss like this bloke has/did.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:22 am

Paul C wrote:I don't really care about the man, I don't think he deserves to die but he had his second chance after his transplant and continued to hit the ale, if that wasn't enough of a wake up call I don't know what is, their is plenty of people waiting for organ donors who wouldn't take the p1ss like this bloke has/did.

True mate!
66-1120597113

Postby Garymac » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:52 pm

Legend........My fu*king :censored:, if someone in my family in my chance got a 2nd chance in life and did what he did, i wouldnt give a f*ck about them and the same goes for him, seen him play footy a few times, was quality, but i wont be paying any respects to George Best the man, the only regards i have is to his family and friends who have watched this man blow a 2nd chance in life,

Legend, biggest fu*king loser ever in my opinion.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:56 pm

irish legend you dont get many of them  :oops:
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:58 pm

the sad thing is someone probably died who could have treated that liver with respect
112-1077774096

Postby Afroman » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:18 pm

Is it his liver again?

I  thought his kidneys had packed up ???
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:39 pm

Afroman wrote:Is it his liver again?

I  thought his kidneys had packed up ???

I read it was the effect of the medication he was taking to prevent the rejection of his liver.  It lowers the immune system, and he subsequently caught an infection.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:44 pm

So what he didnt look after himself off the pitch-thats his business and he isnt the first -but lets judge the man on the pitch- what a star! To be mentioned in the same breath as pele and cryuff says it all really... :;):
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:48 pm

That's the sad thing, People don't care he slaps women about or that he's a f..CKI.n alchi or that somebody died for him to have that Liver or kidney and that person had family who morned the person who passed, Amagine all the people who died needing a kidney waiting for so long but K.unt face get's one for bieng George friggin best what a joke.

And what does he do with it within day's lay's on a bench after a binge f..cki.n disgusting, but all people care about is what he done on the pitch? in my view it goes hand in hand if you want respect earn it and give others respect in return, Couldn't give a to55 if he lives or not the blokes a go5h..ite.
Last edited by mistyred on Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:27 pm

At the end of the day he loved the booze and has paid heavy for that. He wants to be remembered by what he did on the pitch and in my my eyes - Kuntface is still a legend. Was he the greatest Ever? Who can say...but theres certainly never been another player from these shores fit enough to tie his laces.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:33 pm

Mikz wrote:At the end of the day he loved the booze and has paid heavy for that. He wants to be remembered by what he did on the pitch and in my my eyes - Kuntface is still a legend. Was he the greatest Ever? Who can say...but theres certainly never been another player from these shores fit enough to tie his laces.

There has Mikz....Tony Capaldi :cool:  :laugh:
66-1120597113

Postby Mikz » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:43 pm

:D George Oboyle-remember playing against him and thinkin he was the new maradona  :laugh:
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:34 pm

Although he was an exceptional footballer, the image he has portrayed is one of a c*nt. He's been a right ar*ehole, and should have woken up to the cr*p he was doing before.
An ungrateful, selfish t*sser.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:06 pm

I wonder if some of you would be so venomous in your replies if you weren't English.  Seems to me many on here have trouble accepting that the greatest footballer Britain has ever produced was from the comparitively tiny country of Northern Ireland and not England.  Most of you do concede that he was an exceptional player, but do you appreciate just how exceptional?  I doubt it. 

Bottom line is that alcoholism is a disease and there is a genetic element in a lot of cases.  Best's mother died an alcoholic, and it's a trait he has obviously inherited.  He left home at 14 to go to united, earned a hell of a lot of money for his age, was a nationwide pin-up, and enjoyed a drink, who wouldn't in his situation?  He lived in a world where every time he walked into a pub people wanted to buy him a drink.  For a guy who has alcoholism in his genes, what chance did he have?

I don't agree with him getting a new liver, but don't blame Best for that, blame the laws that allow it to happen.  If you are on your death bed and can afford life-saving treatment, are you going to turn it down?  Are you fu.ck.

I don't agree with his violence towards women and I won't try and defend that, I'm not saying he was a top human being, but remember this.  The English media has enjoyed nothing more over the years than putting Best down.  Nothing to write about?  What's George been up to?  Send a couple of boys down the pub and get them to ply him with drink, then take a picture of him sleeping it off on the park bench.  Because that sort of thing went on, no doubt about it.  He may get the violent head on when he's pis.sed, but nothing like to the scale of what the tabloids make out.

And now, when the guy is lying on his death bed, some uninformed :censored: come on here and feel the need to share their wisdom on how he deserves to die??  Shower of w@nkers and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

In 20 years time when it's Gazza, an ENGLISH footballing hero, lying on his death bed after falling off the wagon spectacularly and after a life of binge drinking and wife-beating, remember what you said about George Best.  Let's see what you say then.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum