CONDOLENCES FOR GEORGE BEST

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby liamac » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:02 am

OK i know this has nothing to do with Liverpool  or that he was an alcoholic and some say he brought it on himself ,but this man was truly one of the greatest footballers to come out of these islands and its a sad day for british football.

Before anyone wants to slate me for posting this  as im sure there are some , just remember that George Best was THE original super star of English and European football .Before Best there were names   sure enough , but this bloke was the original superstar.
Some have written about Ronaldinios flare and mastery of the ball and of other super stars in European and world football Like Pele etc , who incidently  said that George Best was the greatest footballer who he had ever seen .

Yes the man played for a team who we all love to hate , but you cant take away the fact that Best  was  a true great and its a sad day  for british football

Ex-Manchester United star George Best is spending his final hours in hospital after doctors said his deteriorating condition was irreversible.
Best, 59, could not recover from the internal bleeding that developed last night, Professor Roger Williams said.

Just before 1300 GMT, he said the former Northern Ireland international would not survive another 24 hours.

Family and friends have visited Best in London's Cromwell Hospital, where he has been treated for a lung infection.

Later on Thursday, Professor Williams added there had been "no change, just deterioration" in Best's condition.

When Best's closest family arrived at the west London hospital, they asked the gathered media not to film or photograph them as they went in.

Best has been in hospital for eight weeks, after initially suffering flu-like symptoms, but deteriorated with a lung infection on Friday.

[Internal bleeding] has now affected the lungs and other parts, and there is really no return from that situation

Professor Roger Williams

Professor Williams said: "Mr Best is coming to the end of the long road of his ill health.

"The situation is that medically the intensive care team and everybody concerned have managed to cope with pretty well all of the complications except the one that has happened again during the night - this bleeding.

"Although [the blood] has been replaced, it has now affected the lungs and other parts, and there is really no return from that situation.

"It is just not possible to recover from that."

He added: "He is still having standard medical care and treatment but I have to tell you that his hours are numbered now and it's all very upsetting."

Family vigil
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:05 am

The doctors have called last orders for George Best.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:22 am

good riddance to the wife beating alcholic, how ironic he will go as just as 24 hour drinking comes in   :D
112-1077774096

Postby Mikz » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:35 am

That kinda remark makes me fc,uking sick.    :no
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:38 am

Mikz wrote:That kinda remark makes me fc,uking sick.    :no

so sue me. who are you to remark on what i think about him, oh because hes dying i suddenly have to respect him?

it doesnt work that way, the guy is an idiot and i will not shed any tears when his waste of a life come to an end
112-1077774096

Postby Mikz » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:48 am

:angry: Did you know him then? Or are you judging him by what the PRESS said. There is plenty of people in the world i dont like very much ,but i wouldnt take wee cheap shots and  say good riddance when they die. Thats just sad. He was a bloody footballer -probably the best on the planet. Thats how i will remember him.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:48 am

Have to say  that im  on about the mans footballing abilities not about what he did off the pitch . True ,he knocked his ex about , something i think most men, like you and myself ,are disgusted by , and also true, he could drink a bar dry in no time at all  .
Im old enough to remember seeing him play football and  he was a footballing master ,for the greatest player (Pele) to say that Best was for him , the greatest player he had ever seen play is a compliment not given lightly and he came from these islands . People rant and rave about Maradona , yet he was a dirty player , his dives were good enough to win olympic gold ,  yet people still rave about him...........not forgetting of course  ,his own off field antics. I just think its a sad loss to British football .

The bit about the 24hour opening .........NOW THAT was funny .......pure genious :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:58 am

Mikz wrote: :angry: Did you know him then? Or are you judging him by what the PRESS said. There is plenty of people in the world i dont like very much ,but i wouldnt take wee cheap shots and  say good riddance when they die. Thats just sad. He was a bloody footballer -probably the best on the planet. Thats how i will remember him.

i didnt say you cant remember that way, but i will remember him for what he was and you making little angry faces will not change that.

the guy is a waster and good riddance
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:01 am

liamac wrote:Have to say  that im  on about the mans footballing abilities not about what he did off the pitch . True ,he knocked his ex about , something i think most men, like you and myself ,are disgusted by , and also true, he could drink a bar dry in no time at all  .
Im old enough to remember seeing him play football and  he was a footballing master ,for the greatest player (Pele) to say that Best was for him , the greatest player he had ever seen play is a compliment not given lightly and he came from these islands . People rant and rave about Maradona , yet he was a dirty player , his dives were good enough to win olympic gold ,  yet people still rave about him...........not forgetting of course  ,his own off field antics. I just think its a sad loss to British football .

The bit about the 24hour opening .........NOW THAT was funny .......pure genious :D

i can vaguely remember him as a player even though im 38 mate but from footage yes he was a fantastic footballer but as a man i cant respect him for the waste of a life he has led.
112-1077774096

Postby Lionheart » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:07 am

peewee wrote:
liamac wrote:Have to say  that im  on about the mans footballing abilities not about what he did off the pitch . True ,he knocked his ex about , something i think most men, like you and myself ,are disgusted by , and also true, he could drink a bar dry in no time at all  .

i can vaguely remember him as a player even though im 38 mate but from footage yes he was a fantastic footballer but as a man i cant respect him for the waste of a life he has led.

peewee...with all due respect mate, I think someone else a little better qualified than you will sit in judgement of that life (what am I saying? I don't even call myself a christian).

Peace guys.   :)

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:14 am

So fc.uk if he wasted his life , its none of your business is it?
  It was his choice,and just think how much better of a player he wouldve been on the pitch had he looked after himself. :nod  The fact is -theres never been one from these shores fit to tie his laces on the pitch. And dont you know it boy!  :nod You only think youll remember him in a bad way but you wont ..youre lying.
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:24 am

Mikz wrote:So fc.uk if he wasted his life , its none of your business is it?
  It was his choice,and just think how much better of a player he wouldve been on the pitch had he looked after himself. :nod  The fact is -theres never been one from these shores fit to tie his laces on the pitch. And dont you know it boy!  :nod You only think youll remember him in a bad way but you wont ..youre lying.

trust me on this boy, i really dont care

however much you try to change my mind the fact remains i really dont care. i wont even make an effort to remember him, but if i do remember him is will be as a waster.

now im not telling you that you cant mourn and im not telling you that your wrong so why do you seem hell bent on changing my mind about this, thats my opinion and im educated enough to know why i have that opinion.

in your mind he is some sort of hero, in my mind he is a waster and will not be missed in the slightest.

sems we should just agree to disagree
112-1077774096

Postby Mikz » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:58 am

Whatever ! A man lies dying -a familys left -Good riddance is not the words . You dont have to like him i suppose your right there and whatever you have against him is your own business too. Its a board for free opinions-i keep forgetting. If someone on here has a slight disliking for the police,then shouldnt he be allowed to speak also ..without calling for a mod? After all hes educated enough to have that opinion.
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:16 am

here we go.  i dont care about LAs disliking for the police, it was his comments about other things that got him banned, i dont have the power to ban him, i simply raised an issue as did a lot of other people on here and the mods saw fit to ban him.

LAs views were racist and extremist, maybe you missed these points but a lot of us didnt, he was also posting with multiple ids in order to cause trouble on here, again thats something you were obviously not aware of so your comments are way off the mark and not really needed.

once again LA has caused  prolems in a thread related to death and hes not even on the board.

what a sad state of affairs and im very sad that you would want to raise this.

i suggest you speak with the mods to find out why he he was banned but believe me its not because of his comments about the police,

liamac sorry that your thread has been ruined by someone talking about something the dont fully understand.

mikz if you wish to discuss this further lets do it in pm, tere have been enough arguments and problems on here lately without this degenerating into another one
112-1077774096

Postby Lionheart » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:29 am

The guy did have a wicked sense of humor (but he was Irish so we should expect that). Who else could say whe describing the money he had earned during his playing career...

I've spend my money on birds, booze and fast cars, the rest I've just squandered

Brilliant!!!

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum