George manc best - Dying

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby mistyred » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:51 pm

Yes Yes lads all very mature, let's worship the man like little children, f'ck..in grow up you can't bribe people into respecting the t'w*t just face it, calling everybody names because they refuse too is very childish is it not? the title of this thread "George Manc Best" Hardly the nicest naming of a thread about someone you supposedly respect.

I don't know some people, anyway of to the Liverpool v Anderlecht thread to talk about LIVERPOOL saddo's calling fellow LFC supporters names because they don't like a manc  :sleep
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:16 pm

No-one is hero worshipping anybody!! George Best was simply a genius and it will be a long time before anyone emerges from the British Isles with such a God given gift and talent!For the younger ones on here,it would be well worth your while to look up some footage of what this man was actually capable of on a football pitch! Beleive me its worth seeing!
Also i want to stress that i agree with a lot of criticism that George has taken!
But for people to simply say...alchi bas.tard,woman beater blah blah.
Thats all well and good but where have the sources been over the years?? Yes none other than the beloved tabloid press!
Ive read Georges book and in it he admits to some pretty bad actions but 90% of peoples perception of the man have been poisoned by rumour and lies from papers such as the sun and star!!
The 2 things that he has done more than most on here will ever in their lives is suffer from an incurable inner turmoil and sha.gged beautiful women!Alcoholism being a result of the first although an illness on its own!!
He has shown signs of improvement over the last few days and lets hope he can make a recovery..well i do anyway!!
Best of luck George Best!!
66-1120597113

Postby drummerphil » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:23 pm

As a player i,m not old enough to remember his utd and fulham days but can remember him playing for new york cosmos alongside Pele.I was born in 68 so obviously his best years i,ve heard about from others.Although i dont condone his actions i.e. drinking after his liver transplant....the blokes never done me any harm so i hope he recovers.If anything for the people that are left behind.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:25 pm

Neither am i mate im only 29...but me mate has a lot of footage!!
66-1120597113

Postby Mikz » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:22 pm

Well its down to thine own self whether or not they like George Best -half the people on here never seen him play Who cares whether the nobs hate him -or whether they pry into his private life and talk like old women lol - but what shines out on this thread is -Nobody is denying he was the greatest player ever to come from Britain and he was up there with Pele and Cryuff and Maradona. From Belfast too  :buttrock
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:12 am

As I said - good player or not, there are no excuses for his actions.
The thread is about the man, not purly his sporting achievements. I respect anyone who looks back and sees only the good, but at the end of the day I'm not prepared to do that.
There's nothing wrong with folk disliking him. I can't stand Maradonna for his past either.
I suppose I'm a nob for that too?
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:15 am

Oh, and BTW.
Respect has to be earned by everyone, no matter how famous or rich.
Death happens to everyone, and should be respected. But thats not the same as a*se-kissing a scumbag.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:59 am

BarryBelfast wrote:No-one is hero worshipping anybody!! George Best was simply a genius and it will be a long time before anyone emerges from the British Isles with such a God given gift and talent!

I think the only apt description in relation to his football skill is "natural talent".  To me genius implies using one's brain and although Best certainly appeared to do this on the pitch (or was it just instinct?) he certainly did not use his brain in the rest of his daily life. 

I think thats what most people have an issue with - him being so blatantly stupid as to waste the talent that he undoubtedly had.

After what Pele and Cruyff have done for football and the world in general, perhaps using Best's name and theirs in the same sentence is an insult to them!  ???
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:28 am

Again that would be only referring to his private life -Go and read fcu.king hello magazine if that kind of thing interests you.
He might have been an irish manc but at the end of the day-he IS STILL regarded as -up there with PELE and MARADONA.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:57 am

Lee J wrote:
Paul C wrote:I don't give a fu.ck where the guy is from, Irish or not, at the end of the day he p1.55ed his life away and now he's paying the price........ SIMPLE AS!

yeah, simple as, you cock!  :angry:

Who the f.uck rattled your cage? you related to him or something?  :talktothehand
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:07 pm

i thought this was a best thread, instead its full of dummy spitters and nonces

whats going on!!! ???

yes, best is ill, yes he did drink alot, yes he was a great footballer, but most of all he's human. It is that to which he should be applauded. We all make mistakes in life and do stupid stuff, but in the end we are human, and i'm shaw Besty is a good guy underneath all that has happened to him etc etc etc.

If anyone on here has lost someone special, or is ill, then you all have my sympathies.

I think that may make some on here feel better.

lets get on with life, and stop all the bull
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:58 pm

I will DRINK to that :D
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:15 pm

Mikz wrote:I will DRINK responsibly to that :D

well said  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:22 pm

Judge wrote:but most of all he's human. It is that to which he should be applauded.

By that logic, rapists, serial killers etc should be applauded also, because they are also human, are they not?

I'm not for one minute comparing Best to these sort of individuals, I just think it's a bit of a simplistic view you present Judge mate thats' all.

Unless I have misinterpreted this statement.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:32 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
Judge wrote:but most of all he's human. It is that to which he should be applauded.

By that logic, rapists, serial killers etc should be applauded also, because they are also human, are they not?

I'm not for one minute comparing Best to these sort of individuals, I just think it's a bit of a simplistic view you present Judge mate thats' all.

Unless I have misinterpreted this statement.

i forgot to put a line under those who are serving criminals. Best is in hospital under no charge other than illness.

i never thought you'd bring criminals etc into the equation, when you should have thought i would have exempted them as a matter of course, rather than me having to say they are excluded. blooming eck lad!!

these folk you outline lfc#1 were once human, but lost that when they did wrong. Mr Best is not in that catagory as them. Does that make more sense to what i say NOW??  :rasp
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum