Forum banners - No not the bad members

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:23 pm

The ones that you make.
can i ask what softwear you use to ,ake them, as you can see from my poor one, i am not very good lol

I have stuff like photoshop and cx2 but dont seem to be able to do much with them.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:33 pm

I used Fireworks MX 2004 and Photoshop 7.

I'm not doing them anymore now though mate, I use my laptop more than my PC these days and I have them switched off anyway, I don't even look at the signatures.  I don't like them anymore.  I've got no graphics programs on my laptop or decent fonts. 

See dward, I think he'd design you one.  Or Emerald Red even.  he's knock you one up.  He looks a beast at Photoshop on what I've seen so far.

Just do one yourself otherwise.  Get the practice in and that.
jonnymac1979

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:38 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I used Fireworks MX 2004 and Photoshop 7.

I'm not doing them anymore now though mate, I use my laptop more than my PC these days and I have them switched off anyway, I don't even look at the signatures.  I don't like them anymore.  I've got no graphics programs on my laptop or decent fonts. 

See dward, I think he'd design you one.  Or Emerald Red even.  he's knock you one up.  He looks a beast at Photoshop on what I've seen so far.

Just do one yourself otherwise.  Get the practice in and that.

lol cheers mate, I think i am just bad at them lol, I have the softwear that you said and will give it a go.

I have been making website for year but this seems to be one thing that i can never get to look right lol.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:49 am

Sound mate.  What's your website?  I'm into all that myself.  I've built a few.  Using Wordpress now as it's a lot less work and well easier.
jonnymac1979

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:02 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Sound mate.  What's your website?  I'm into all that myself.  I've built a few.  Using Wordpress now as it's a lot less work and well easier.

lol i have a few.

www.thurrockparanormal.com

www.worldofview.co.uk

they are the ones that i keep upto date the most.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:42 pm

I use Photoshop. It does everything you need it to. The trick is just learning your way around it. My signature was created using it, including the bird in the middle, which is all my own design. If you need help with it, I'll answer any questions that I know of.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:45 pm

guys I bought myself "teach yorself HTML and CCS in an hour a day" just before christmas and was wondering if you guys actually work in the field or just do it for fun, Im looking career change and was thinking about going down that route

PS Emerald Red that sig is awesome, proof that photoshop in the right hands can be used to create amazing art instead of dubious pictures of your friends in compomising positions with various zoo animals (you've all done it)
burjennio

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:18 pm

Emerald Red wrote:I use Photoshop. It does everything you need it to. The trick is just learning your way around it. My signature was created using it, including the bird in the middle, which is all my own design. If you need help with it, I'll answer any questions that I know of.

Tanks for that, you sig is great, I used photoshop last night to do my one a bit better (not much lol).

but in doing so i found that i could do more in photoshop.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:30 pm

lakes10 wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:Sound mate.  What's your website?  I'm into all that myself.  I've built a few.  Using Wordpress now as it's a lot less work and well easier.

lol i have a few.

www.worldofview.co.uk

Who do you host them sites with mate ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:30 pm

I use jonnymac meslf . it's alot easier for us that can just about turn on a pc.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:41 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

lol i have a few.

www.worldofview.co.uk

Who do you host them sites with mate ?

It was with Easyspace but that run out so for now i am doing myself on my blueyonder acount.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:09 pm

right, ive just got photoshop and all ive done so far is tweak a 300 poster to feature my name, to use as a sig, (lack of originality but its just a start) does anyone know how to actually use it? do I copy and paste or use an image hoster?
burjennio

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:49 pm

burjennio wrote:right, ive just got photoshop and all ive done so far is tweak a 300 poster to feature my name, to use as a sig, (lack of originality but its just a start) does anyone know how to actually use it? do I copy and paste or use an image hoster?

Go to imageshack.com. Upload your image. When uploaded, click on your image. Then right click and copy image location. Go to your controls on this site, and add the image in the appropriate place. usually in the image parameters as required to show images on this board.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:51 am

im entering the link into signatures and im getting this msg

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif

why is that happening?, this is a direct link from imageshack
burjennio

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:12 am

burjennio wrote:im entering the link into signatures and im getting this msg

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif

why is that happening?, this is a direct link from imageshack

Please copy and paste the link you're actually trying to use as an image, I think I can help you.

Normally in a file system, the first part before the dot is used for the name, and the second part named as extension for the file type.

In newer file systems and urls more dots are allowed, but in a system like this, as soon as the system reads a dot, it identifies the next as the file type, so basically you fool the system by putting two dots.

Anyhow copy and paste the address for your image here and let's see if that's the problem or a not accepted file format. If it's the latter I'll convert it for you and presto. If it's the former you will simply have to rename the file and upload it again.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum