Death penalty - Bring it back

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:12 pm

wuh? mysterious post deletions going on  :D
Last edited by Woollyback on Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:15 pm

he's deleted my post now, i dunno why he continues to plagiarise all his posts. I like the guy, but he continues to post stuff which he didn't write to make himself look smarter than he actually is.

C'mon stmick their is no need for it.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:17 pm

stmichael wrote:found an opinion which pretty much sums this up

Now if you had said that in the first place ,LFC #1 wouldn't have pulled you up and you wouldn't have had to abuse your power as mod by removing his post to bury the shame .

You're one of my favourite people in here StMick , but sometimes a little bit devious. .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:20 pm

It's like Watergate all over again , Megalomaniac abuses position of power to maintain authority .
It just gets worse and worse

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:22 pm

Whoa!!!  What have I missed? :D
jonnymac1979

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:23 pm

I'll Pm u Jonny in case stmick deletes my posts again.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:12 pm

You are living in the 21th century at one of the most 'democratic' countries and discuss the death penalty..

Why are you so afraid?..Is that so easy; leaving the right way with a terrorist attack? You met with a restlessness a couple of days ago and now most of people say: "Bring the death penalty back!"

Your politicians always say that they bring 'liberty' whereever they go,however they bring only blood,fear and tears. Nowadays, their citizens think that death penalty may be a solution...There arent so much differnce between their politicians and you.

Think over with a healthy head. If the death penalty might be solution, all these problems would have been dissolved in the middle age..Or in the 'wild west'

You are so afraid that only you can, is thinking of limiting your own freedom...What a pity!
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:39 pm

IstanBuL-FenerBaHce wrote:You are living in the 21th century at one of the most 'democratic' countries and discuss the death penalty..

Why are you so afraid?..Is that so easy; leaving the right way with a terrorist attack? You met with a restlessness a couple of days ago and now most of people say: "Bring the death penalty back!"

Your politicians always say that they bring 'liberty' whereever they go,however they bring only blood,fear and tears. Nowadays, their citizens think that death penalty may be a solution...There arent so much differnce between their politicians and you.

Think over with a healthy head. If the death penalty might be solution, all these problems would have been dissolved in the middle age..Or in the 'wild west'

You are so afraid that only you can, is thinking of limiting your own freedom...What a pity!

read all the posts properly mate, most of us are saying "no" to the death penalty, apart from St Mick who is just saying something somebody else said  :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:45 pm

IMO death penalty should be enforced, for the worst crimes (serial rapes, serial murders) - in cases when it's obvious that the person won't change when released.
Supporting these b@stards with life sentences is outrageous, some of them have better life conditions than people working their @sses off. Some will say that an innocent person may be killed, but how many lifes would be saved if these halfminded criminals were aware that they face electric chair ???

That's my opinion, I'm sick to hear about murderers running freely on streets while some people are afraid to leave home in the evening :angry:
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:56 am

Woollyback wrote:read all the posts properly mate, most of us are saying "no" to the death penalty, apart from St Mick who is just saying something somebody else said  :D

Sometimes it's much more beneficial to read all the posts...

Don't do it like IstanBuL-FenerBaHce  :down:   :D
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:39 am

It would be very difficult - legally, not to mention politically - to bring back the death penalty. Britain is a signatory to the European Convention on Human Rights and its associated protocols. If it wanted to bring back the death penalty then it would have to withdraw from the convention, meaning that there would be no human rights protection in Britain other than UK law. If things went completly crackers and this happened, given that Britain does not have a written consitution to protect fundamental civil freedoms then theoretically the government could bring back flailing, the Iron Maiden and the, admittedly long missed, law that ducks have to wear long pants in public.

(Damn those :censored: ducks. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: )
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:28 pm

IstanBuL-FenerBaHce wrote:
Woollyback wrote:read all the posts properly mate, most of us are saying "no" to the death penalty, apart from St Mick who is just saying something somebody else said  :D

Sometimes it's much more beneficial to read all the posts...

Don't do it like IstanBuL-FenerBaHce  :down:   :D

:D   every day's a school day :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:51 pm

It's not like the death penalty does much anyway.  In some states of the US, prisoners just sit on death row forever and the death penalty isn't even enforced right.

The planner of the Oklahoma City bombings in 1995 (which killed 168 people) was sentenced to life in prison.  You would think he would get the death penalty, but the justice system cares too much for the accused than the families of the victims.

And if you plea guilty, you'll get a lesser charge which makes no sense.  The US justice system boggles my mind sometimes.

Britain should bring the death penalty back and enforce it on people who deserve it (serial murders, rapists, terrorists, etc.)
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:15 pm

it obviously would not deter a suicide bomber but on financial grounds I'd back it. It costs about £70k a year to hold one person in jail. If we killed the killers then that money could be spent on hospitals and save innocent lives.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:58 pm

Big Niall wrote:it obviously would not deter a suicide bomber but on financial grounds I'd back it. It costs about £70k a year to hold one person in jail. If we killed the killers then that money could be spent on hospitals and save innocent lives.

But the length and complexity of the legalities involved in sending somebody to death row, then the lengthy (and likely) appeals process would see the cost spiral so I bet the overall cost of a death sentence wouldn't be too different from a life custodial sentence

the only financial winners from reintroduction would be the lawyers, not the taxpayer
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum