Console help - Wii vs ps3 vs xbox360

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:18 pm

Yea well least they'll have something to show for this season . :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:54 pm

Xbox 360. Simple as that. PS3 just doesn't have the games, and ignore all the hype about KZ2.

Be sure to buy it in Game and put the extra 20 quid or so it get their policy of replacing the console instantly with a new one should the event of the dreaded RROD or anything else occur.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:01 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Xbox 360. Simple as that. PS3 just doesn't have the games, and ignore all the hype about KZ2.

Be sure to buy it in Game and put the extra 20 quid or so it get their policy of replacing the console instantly with a new one should the event of the dreaded RROD or anything else occur.

I would'nt pay an extra £20..not that its a lot of cash mate but the principle,surely if the machine fuc'ks up it should be replaced gratis!
I just sent the standard guarantee away..if anything happens to mine Id like to think it will be sorted free!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:04 pm

Toffeehater wrote:thanks mate , but i' not from england . Still undecided yet , i've heard that there might be a new xbox coming out in 2010 , whereas the ps3 will be supported for 10 years . Xbox only for 5 , and it was released in 2005

Whoever said the PS3 will last 10 years was taking the plss. No console lasts that long, and as for the PS3 supposedly being a lot more powerful than the 360, well, that's a myth too. Graphics come from the GPU, not the CPU, or which PS3 has the better, but it's virtually useless potential wise when it comes to games. The 360 has a better GPU and that's what produces the visuals. Most games that are on both formats have suffered noticeable differences performance wise, with the PS3 versions often looking more jagged, and having frame rate issues. PES 2008 is just a perfect example of this. They are steadily sorting it out, but not enough to warrant a purchase of the console IMO; a console which is sorely lacking any killer exclusive games to the system, and those that are exclusive are just far too overrated. Get yourself a 360 and get on Live. You'll not regret it. Just be prepared for one night of disappointment of suddenly turning on your 360 and seeing the red ones. But as I've said, buy your console in game, and you'll have piece of mind at least.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:07 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Xbox 360. Simple as that. PS3 just doesn't have the games, and ignore all the hype about KZ2.

I would'nt pay an extra £20..not that its a lot of cash mate but the principle,surely if the machine fuc'ks up it should be replaced gratis!
I just sent the standard guarantee away..if anything happens to mine Id like to think it will be sorted free!

It used to be store policy. It isn't anymore. Same with Sony and any other console maker. They don't replace systems there and then. I understand what you are saying, but 20 quid for knowing you can have a brand new console there and then is not a bad thing at all. Even if the console is under warranty and you send it to MS, the b@stards don't fix them right and potentially you could receive it back after 5 weeks and have it break the next day again, which is why I opened mine up and did the job myself.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum