British law is not the maddest - What the f....

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:28 am

An appeal court in Saudi Arabia has doubled the number of lashes and added a jail sentence as punishment for a woman who was gang-raped.

The victim was initially punished for violating laws on segregation of the sexes - she was in an unrelated man's car at the time of the attack.

When she appealed, the judges said she had been attempting to use the media to influence them.

The attackers' sentences - originally of up to five years - were doubled.

Extra penalties

According to the Arab News newspaper, the 19-year-old woman, who is from Saudi Arabia's Shia minority, was gang-raped 14 times in an attack in the eastern province a year-and-a-half ago.

Seven men from the majority Sunni community were found guilty of the rape and sentenced to prison terms ranging from just under a year to five years.

But the victim was also punished for violating Saudi Arabia's laws on segregation that forbid unrelated men and women from associating with each other. She was initially sentenced to 90 lashes for being in the car of a strange man.

On appeal, the Arab News reported that the punishment was not reduced but increased to 200 lashes and a six-month prison sentence.

The rapists also had their prison terms doubled. But the sentences are still low considering they could have faced the death penalty.

The Arab News quoted an official as saying the judges had decided to punish the girl for trying to aggravate and influence the judiciary through the media.

The victim's lawyer was suspended from the case, has had his licence to work confiscated, and faces a disciplinary session.

yeah, i had to read it twice as well... these are the countries we should be nuking... absolute madness, the world is one fecked up place.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:35 am

i know we're not supposed to say so in case it offends any poor little terrorists, but islamic countries are living in the feckin STONE AGE. shame they've got so much oil, otherwise we could have nothing more to do with them and let them rot
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:43 am

Isn't  Saudi Arabia Britain and America's strongerst ally in middle east - these are the guys you rely on - says alot about your middle east policy.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:49 am

Big Niall wrote:Isn't  Saudi Arabia Britain and America's strongerst ally in middle east - these are the guys you rely on - says alot about your middle east policy.

Saudi Arabia recently paid a huge sum for Eurofighters so that probably buys our support for a decade. It wasn't a coincidence that the Saudi visitors were treated so well by the Queen in the weeks the deal went through.

Not that our Govt. would ever suck up to people to get their money of course  :no
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:54 am

Big Niall wrote:Isn't  Saudi Arabia Britain and America's strongerst ally in middle east - these are the guys you rely on - says alot about your middle east policy.

Typical reply with your Anti-English sentiment again.
I sometimes wonder why you are a Liverpool fan when you hate England so much?

Its nothing to do with England its about a poor girl being gang raped then getting the lash plus a jail sentance.
From people with an absolute backward ideology.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:01 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Its nothing to do with England its about a poor girl being gang raped then getting the lash plus a jail sentance.

wake up mate!

I don't hate England, many people in England hate your governments foreign policy. Is Bammo, last post anti-english too?

Grow a brain :angry:

When I criticise my own government does that make me anti-Irish.

idiot :angry:
Last edited by Big Niall on Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:04 pm

Big Niall wrote:wake up mate!

I don't hate England, many people in England hate your governments foreign policy. Is Bammo, last post anti-english too?

Your always fuckin at it Anti English this that and the other.

Do my head in.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:16 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Big Niall wrote:wake up mate!

Your always fuckin at it Anti English this that and the other.

Do my head in.

I'd loads of posts cheering England on in rugby world cup - paranoia is a b1tch
Last edited by Big Niall on Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:23 pm

Even in what you would consider to be a fairly enlightend state such as Malaysia it is against the law for an unmarried couple to share a hotel room . They penalty is x amount of strokes with a long rattan cane.
fortunately it's a law that is not usually enforced (well not against tourists at least :D )

I remember travelling through Turkey some years ago and a female tourist was dragged off a bus and raped in broad daylight. Her attackers eventually walked free as the judge ruled that she had provoked the rape by wearing a mini skirt !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:48 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Even in what you would consider to be a fairly enlightend state such as Malaysia it is against the law for an unmarried couple to share a hotel room . They penalty is x amount of strokes with a long rattan cane.
fortunately it's a law that is not usually enforced (well not against tourists at least :D )

I remember travelling through Turkey some years ago and a female tourist was dragged off a bus and raped in broad daylight. Her attackers eventually walked free as the judge ruled that she had provoked the rape by wearing a mini skirt !

And Turkey want into the EU ???

no way
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:30 pm

Ciggy wrote:

What a startling deduction there, Ciggy....
I'd have to say, does that make charlatans of Me and all the others from this wonderful country who fly into the heart of the Oppressor to support our FOOTBALL (i.e. a sport played the world over !) team ?
There's an expression that springs to mind....and it goes something like "Dime Bar ??"
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:38 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I remember travelling through Turkey some years ago and a female tourist was dragged off a bus and raped in broad daylight. Her attackers eventually walked free as the judge ruled that she had provoked the rape by wearing a mini skirt !

the judge was obviously an intelligent man  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:44 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:What a startling deduction there, Ciggy....
I'd have to say, does that make charlatans of Me and all the others from this wonderful country who fly into the heart of the Oppressor to support our FOOTBALL (i.e. a sport played the world over !) team ?
There's an expression that springs to mind....and it goes something like "Dime Bar ??"

Ive never recalled you being Anti-English so what are you getting involved for?

Niall on the other hand is always throwing digs in about us and the government.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:46 pm

Ciggy wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:What a startling deduction there, Ciggy....

Ive never recalled you being Anti-English so what are you getting involved for?

Niall on the other hand is always throwing digs in about us and the government.

yeah, and he says stevie G is a diver  :angry:

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:47 pm

the irish always have little anti england digs. and i do little anti irish digs. some people dont like the scots and wot support them if they qualify, and we all hate the welsh dont we taff?

but, i think a woman being given 200 lashes and 9 months in jail for being gang raped is slightly more important!!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum