Asian invasion - Oriental film

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:32 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Loved that movie Igor even though at times the palace interiors had me wondering if the missus hadn't slipped a tab of acid into my drink :D

:D Your right mate , it certainly brings on the epilepsy.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:46 pm

mistyred wrote:Akira was a cracking Manga film watched it over 50 times top stuff worth a watch if you haven't
seen it.

apparently, so sources tell me, its being remade with leonardo dicaprio...not sure how thats gonna work lol

the next film im looking forward to is: Saibogujiman kwenchana or (I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK )

directed by Chan Wook Park (of jsa and old boy brilliance)

A girl who thinks she is a combat cyborg checks into a mental hospital, where she encounters other psychotics. Eventually, she falls for a man who thinks he can steal people's souls
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:27 am

dawson99 wrote:the next film im looking forward to is: Saibogujiman kwenchana or (I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK )

directed by Chan Wook Park (of jsa and old boy brilliance)

A girl who thinks she is a combat cyborg checks into a mental hospital, where she encounters other psychotics. Eventually, she falls for a man who thinks he can steal people's souls

:laugh: , can't wait , already love the idea.

Finally got a copy of "A Bittersweet Life" Daws, certainly enjoyed it , thanks for the heads up.

Don’t be fooled by the innocuous title. This latest addition to the South Korean gangster movie comes brimming with enough ultra-violence to fill several Tarantino pictures featuring, as it does, an ample dose of burnings, beatings, shootings and stabbings. But A Bittersweet Life is also an extremely stylish and at times even beautiful film from one of the most talented directors of the South Korean new-wave.
(partial review from Futuremovies)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:00 am

Got to see "Mongol" , part of a planned trilogy of films on the life of Ghengis Khan. This first film deals with his early life and rise to power. Spectacular and superbly filmed and performed , I loved it.

Two hours of sweeping Eurasian melodrama might not be everyone’s cup of warm goat’s milk. Still, surrender to its exotic oddity and guttural throat-singing and you’ll be entertained by a sweeping saga that’s like a Mongolian Braveheart. Masterfully blending action and emotion against some of the most arresting terrain on earth, Mongol is an exciting and awe-inspiring tale of survival and triumph, and a love story for the ages.
partial review Total Film

trailer

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:38 pm

im a cyborg but thats ok

finally saw this film, it was actually made in 2006 and you can get it at hmv for like £16 or something. If you liked oldboy, this may not be for you. Apparently the director made it as he wanted to make a film his kids may enjoy...so eh says.
its just a bizarre fecking film. Imagine Michael Gondry directing one flew over the cuckoos nest or takshi mikke making amelie. a woman thinks shes a cyborg, a guy thinks he will dissapear if he doesnt steal peoples personality traits...  adreamworld of a movie.

watch out for the flying cyborg killing yodelling section... one film woof will definately love

next on my list is the new john woo film, red cliff, a two part actuion adventure pure hong kong starring the geius that is tony leung

red cliff
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:52 am

Great stuff Daws, I just had a quick peek on youtube, loved the lime green padded cell and the yodeling :D

link

My Hong Kong dealer has it at HK$93 ( roughly six quid) so it's on my next order .
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:12 pm

Finally got "I'm a cyborg, but thats ok"

Like watching  "One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"  on acid  ! .

It won't be everyone's cup of tea. A film that's so stunningly inventive, it straddles a line between genius and sheer lunacy.

Loved it.  :)

2nd trailer

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:18 pm

One for the stranger of us...

Suicide Club
In Tokyo, when fifty-four high-school students commit a collective suicide, jumping from a platform in Shinjuku Station, the police force leaded by Detective Kuroda has no clue to follow. Then he receives an e-mail from a young woman, The Bat, advising that there is a site where red dots mean the number of persons that died. Kuroda and his team investigate the deaths going nowhere.

This has one of the best openings to any film that you will see and when you see the star Ryo Ishibashi you will instantly recognise him as the lead in audition as well. A very bizarre film that had SOOO much promise but is just a great addition to any dvd shelf
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:32 pm

dawson99 wrote:One for the stranger of us...

Suicide Club
In Tokyo, when fifty-four high-school students commit a collective suicide, jumping from a platform in Shinjuku Station, the police force leaded by Detective Kuroda has no clue to follow. Then he receives an e-mail from a young woman, The Bat, advising that there is a site where red dots mean the number of persons that died. Kuroda and his team investigate the deaths going nowhere.

This has one of the best openings to any film that you will see and when you see the star Ryo Ishibashi you will instantly recognise him as the lead in audition as well. A very bizarre film that had SOOO much promise but is just a great addition to any dvd shelf

I watched Audition the other day!! Been looking about for some new types of movies and Japanese and Korean movies have been getting a lot of hype!
To be honest i dont know if i actually enjoyed it,its very hard to explain!I like gory horror movies but there are few aroud from the US or UK lately that are any good!
Saw has been done to death and the hostels are just plain daft.

Audition though generated a strange atmosphere from the start of the movie to the end.Once you start watching it,although slow in parts you are intrigued because you know something is gonna happen.

I also watched another one called red room,would i recommend it?Im saying nothing,it was just very strange but original too!Will deffo be watching more Asian movies from now on though...most of our mainstream movies are same shi't with different actors and directors!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:50 pm

barry, get extreme 3, 3 short films by korean directors, very cool, and a bit of gross out. for you tho, ichi the killer i think
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:09 pm

dawson99 wrote:barry, get extreme 3, 3 short films by korean directors, very cool, and a bit of gross out. for you tho, ichi the killer i think

Cheers will look em up!
:nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:08 am

Number 9 wrote:
dawson99 wrote:barry, get extreme 3, 3 short films by korean directors, very cool, and a bit of gross out. for you tho, ichi the killer i think

Cheers will look em up!

If you're looking for something "different" in films Barry there's definitely loads of invention and jaw dropping scenes to be found in  films from China, Japan and Korea.

If you're interested in exploring the genre like Dawson I highly recommend "Ichi the Killer"

Also recommend "Visitor Q" and "The Freezer"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:51 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Cheers will look em up!

If you're looking for something "different" in films Barry there's definitely loads of invention and jaw dropping scenes to be found in  films from China, Japan and Korea.

If you're interested in exploring the genre like Dawson I highly recommend "Ichi the Killer"

Also recommend "Visitor Q" and "The Freezer"

Yeah i will see Ichi the Killer!Im not sure what to expect though! :D
From what I have seen these Japs/koreans can come up with some  weird stuff that filmakers in Holywood etc could'nt even dream of and would'nt get away with even if their imagination was capable of producing it!

Cant find a direct link to Ichi on any sites I usually use,looks like I may have to go to a torrent site but I will see it!
You and Dawson have made me curious now! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:48 am

Found a direct link to Ichi!
Seems to work fine and no download needed!Here it is if anyone wants to see it!
http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/ichi_the_killer/
Will watch it later!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:58 am

Number 9 wrote:Found a direct link to Ichi!
Seems to work fine and no download needed!Here it is if anyone wants to see it!
http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/ichi_the_killer/
Will watch it later!! :D

:wwww

It's PAINFULLY DUBBED into english Baz. Do youself a favour mate, don't bother watching. Dubbing of Asian films completely ruins the "feel" of the entire movie.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum