Asian invasion - Oriental film

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:49 pm

Lucky wrote: :laugh:
Woof, is there any Chinese actress whom you don't like?

:laugh:

In England Lucky we all say we like a good Chinese (dinner) but after an hour or two you feel like you're ready for another one.   :D

But to answer your question , Zhang Ziyi, as much as I admire her acting,  isn't on my dance card. ( I like a bit more meat on my chicken  )
:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:51 pm

so zhang ziyi, you wouldnt? :;):
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:09 pm

dawson99 wrote:so zhang ziyi, you wouldnt? :;):

:D  Of course I would , but she'd be at the back of the queue. I'd be busy with Maggie Cheung, Gong Li and even grannies like Bridget Lin and Joan Chen for starters.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:22 pm

joan chen over zhang ziyi? so, when we go clubbing, if them two are sat at the bar, we wont have to fight over who goes for who. i get gong and zhang, you get the other 3...job done
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:38 pm

dawson99 wrote:joan chen over zhang ziyi? so, when we go clubbing, if them two are sat at the bar, we wont have to fight over who goes for who. i get gong and zhang, you get the other 3...job done

Get back on yer stool and drink yer milk .

wtf are you gonna do with more than one woman ?

Dawsino...........Zhang Ziyi
Woof............All the rest.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:40 pm

woof, you havent got the stamina you used to, ud get passed one, then drink and collapse... :p
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:00 pm

dawson99 wrote:woof, you havent got the stamina you used to, ud get passed one, then drink and collapse... :p

:D , And I guess you think Smurfs are just little blue animated characters on tv ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:38 pm

Ang Lee , LUST CAUTION

At two and a half hours this occasionally painfully slow paced chinese language offering from Ang Lee requires patience from it's audience , a patience however that is fully rewarded as the films gradually unfolds .

partial review from the Guardian
The title gets it the wrong way around. What we have here is first a lot of caution, then an explosion of lust. Ang Lee has followed his magnificent version of E Annie Proulx's Brokeback Mountain with another love story - more explicit in many ways, though more complex and oblique - and it's a movie that showcases Lee's flair for period detail and genre stylisation.

For his sheer muscular verve and ambition, Lee deserves a standing ovation. Orson Welles was described once as picking up a play with the confidence of a marksman picking up a rifle, and that is exactly how I felt Lee handles this source material: a short story by Eileen Chang. He has given Tony Leung a chance to shine with one of the most charismatic and memorable performances of his career, and in the twentysomething newcomer Tang Wei, he has made a tremendous discovery. Fiercely intelligent and hauntingly beautiful, she gives a passionate, courageous performance that deserves a shelf-full of awards; it's already made her an Asian movie-star to rival Zhang Ziyi.

Lust, Caution is an erotic espionage drama, a little like Hitchcock's Notorious in its plot, set in Japanese-occupied China in the second world war. Tang Wei plays Wong Chia Chi, an unassuming young college student who in 1939 finds herself left behind in Hong Kong when her father flees to England. But Wong is to find her calling when she is invited to join a theatre troupe performing patriotic plays, the purpose of which is to raise cash for the homeland's defence. Her performances are electrifying, and the collection tins are chinking, but their leader Kuang (Wang Leehom) is impatient with mere play-acting. He wants to use their talents for more direct action: namely, an elaborate sting that will ensnare the hated collaborationist police chief Yee, played by Tony Leung. Wong will seduce him by pretending to be a bored married woman in search of adventure, and once Yee's guard is down, he will be assassinated.

The plan ends in bloody catastrophe, and Yee gets away, reappearing in Shanghai in 1942, where Wong also fetches up and the official resistance contact her with a message: they were impressed with her amateur attempt and the plan is back on. She must begin the seduction anew, but this time both hunter and hunted are older and more careworn; idealism has become clouded with fear and exhaustion, and does each suspect what the other is up to? There is a whiff of sulphur in the air along with the whiff of sex. The conditions are in place for a love affair of intense eroticism, obsession and betrayal.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:42 pm

finally saw curse of the golden flower. the 1st hour is like dallas on acid, but then theres action that makes the 2 towers look like a 70s episode of batman.

its basically chow yung fat and gong li as mr and mrs emporer in old china. her three sons and one of them havign an affair. oh and about 1000 guys in black on ropes... it lokos stunning, a great movie. and a new star in the making in man li (manly? actually a stunning lass whos gonna go far)

check it out
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:34 pm

:D  Glad you finally got to see and enjoy Curse of the Golden Flower Dawsinio. The palace interiors deffo gave me acid flashbacks, bouncing from Auntie Bang Bangs knocking shop (Phnom Pen) and the Enchanted Tiki Room (Disneyland, Calif.)

Great movie 18 international nominations, 7 wins (including an oscar) .
And Gong Li ? I still would   

A taster for those who might be interested

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:51 am

I just watched Infernal Affairs and that was a really good movie, much better then the US version.  I just love Asian film they have some of the best plots and actors around.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:52 pm

While we wait for Kung Fu Hustle 2 , Stephen Chow has turned out a quick take on ET, looks like it may have some laughs in it.  :)

CJ7 trailer

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Akira was a cracking Manga film watched it over 50 times top stuff worth a watch if you haven't
seen it.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:18 pm

Watched  Curse of the Golden flower the other night . Feckin fantastic film . So many twist and turns in the plot ,talk about an epic . Feckin great film .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:26 pm

Loved that movie Igor even though at times the palace interiors had me wondering if the missus hadn't slipped a tab of acid into my drink :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum