Americas secret bases

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:59 am

the yanks hold terrorist suspects outside of the US so they don't come under US law. They can be classed as prisoners of war with little or no judicial process and virtually no rights whatsoever. and they wonder why there's so much anti-US propaganda in the muslim world :no
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:43 am

The yanks had denied using chemical weapons (you know what the Iraqis were supoosed to have) in Iraq but then were stupid enough to publish it in a soldiers mag.

I don't believe a word they say, they are definately now bad guys.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:03 am

Isn't this a football forum? 

Threads like this are being started more than football threads EVERY day.  We're playing fucking Real Betis tonight in the Champions League.

I've logged in this morning to about 15 PM's or complaints about the standard of posting in this forum, whether it's racism or politics.  It's every fucking day.  It's not fucking worth it.

Does anyone agree with me or is it just me who's noticed the b*ll*c*ks?
jonnymac1979

Postby Woollyback » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:08 am

most of the forum's been a bag of sh!te for at least a year and a half jonny.

when did i join? hmmm....   about a year and a half ago i think :blush:
Last edited by Woollyback on Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:57 am

All joking aside Woolly, I’m serious.  I could start a thread with this though.  I still l might if this gets buried under more s*i*e.  I want to make a point to everyone much closer to home now.  When I say closer to home, I mean this message board.

It's every fucking day, everyone talks about racism and politics and bombings and murders and how shit the police are and whatever fucking else is on their political agenda......  this isn’t the place.  You wouldn’t believe the amount of complaints the mods get about these issues.

This used to be a fucking Liverpool Football Club Discussion forum, believe it or not.  Well, it was when I joined it two years ago anyway.

If it was up to me, I would delete threads like this after the first post.  Sorry Red Baron, but it’s got fuck all to do with anything this thread really has it?  Am I supposed to ‘moderate’ this?  It's not up to me though, I would run the risk of upsetting the other mods who are maybe more tolerant than me about this issue.  They might say live and let live, just see how the thread goes and we’ll keep an eye on it.  You'd struggle to even find a post on the Michael Shields case from me.  I go as far as posting my opinions on Hillsborough.  That's about as political as I get on here.

But why should I keep an eye on it?  I visit this site for a bit of Liverpool FC chat.  If I wanted to talk about racism, Id’ go to a fucking racism message board, or a politics message board.

This is ruining this forum though and I feel it is my responsibility to see that does not happen. 

The same members are responsible every day for threads like this, you know me, I love talking b*ll*c*ks on here as much as the next person, but I cannot stand the way this place is used as a political and racial discussion forum.  Really, I have fucking had enough.  I have spent twenty minutes trawling through PM’s this morning over some shit that went down last night.  None of it was about football, it was either about racist comments of the thread about the murdered WPC.  Plus a couple of spamming pricks who I will mention later today probably.

Where’s all the football chat gone?  I’ve been spending less and less time posting on here over the last five or six weeks cause there’s fuck all being spoken about, and then when I do offer an opinion on a FOOTBALL related matter, it gets fucking lost under all the politics and racism.

What the fuck, people?  This used to be good on here but there are some members who have thousands of posts to their name and about 1% of them might be about Liverpool Football Club.

Here’s where someone will dig up some old s*i*e posts of mine now and try to say “Practice what you preach, you wanker etc…..”.  Try it.  There are probably thousands of s*i*e posts by me.  I'm not saying there aren't.  See if I give a fuck though.  What I guarantee is you will not find ONE about politics or racism.  Not fucking ONE.

And the mods also don’t appreciate being told to hang our heads in shame or consider our positions as moderators if we don’t do something about these threads that are being started, or the posts contained therein.  The responsibility does not stop at our fucking door on every single issue on this forum. 

Here’s a far out idea that just might work though.

Instead of complaining to the moderators about these threads, DON’T FUCKING START THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

STICK TO THE FOOTBALL.
jonnymac1979

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:01 pm

agreed jmac, stick to football and not fucking, which is evident in every other word in your statement :D :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:05 pm

I can't help it, I'm always swearing unfortunately.  It comes out when I type on here as well.  I hate it really but I can control it when I need to but otherwise I swear like a bastard.....
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:05 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:All joking aside Woolly, I’m serious.  I could start a thread with this though.  I still l might if this gets buried under more s*i*e.  I want to make a point to everyone much closer to home now.  When I say closer to home, I mean this message board.

It's every fucking day, everyone talks about racism and politics and bombings and murders and how shit the police are and whatever fucking else is on their political agenda......  this isn’t the place.  You wouldn’t believe the amount of complaints the mods get about these issues.

This used to be a fucking Liverpool Football Club Discussion forum, believe it or not.  Well, it was when I joined it two years ago anyway.

If it was up to me, I would delete threads like this after the first post.  Sorry Red Baron, but it’s got fuck all to do with anything this thread really has it?  Am I supposed to ‘moderate’ this?  It's not up to me though, I would run the risk of upsetting the other mods who are maybe more tolerant than me about this issue.  They might say live and let live, just see how the thread goes and we’ll keep an eye on it.  You'd struggle to even find a post on the Michael Shields case from me.  I go as far as posting my opinions on Hillsborough.  That's about as political as I get on here.

But why should I keep an eye on it?  I visit this site for a bit of Liverpool FC chat.  If I wanted to talk about racism, Id’ go to a fucking racism message board, or a politics message board.

This is ruining this forum though and I feel it is my responsibility to see that does not happen. 

The same members are responsible every day for threads like this, you know me, I love talking b*ll*c*ks on here as much as the next person, but I cannot stand the way this place is used as a political and racial discussion forum.  Really, I have fucking had enough.  I have spent twenty minutes trawling through PM’s this morning over some shit that went down last night.  None of it was about football, it was either about racist comments of the thread about the murdered WPC.  Plus a couple of spamming pricks who I will mention later today probably.

Where’s all the football chat gone?  I’ve been spending less and less time posting on here over the last five or six weeks cause there’s fuck all being spoken about, and then when I do offer an opinion on a FOOTBALL related matter, it gets fucking lost under all the politics and racism.

What the fuck, people?  This used to be good on here but there are some members who have thousands of posts to their name and about 1% of them might be about Liverpool Football Club.

Here’s where someone will dig up some old s*i*e posts of mine now and try to say “Practice what you preach, you wanker etc…..”.  Try it.  There are probably thousands of s*i*e posts by me.  I'm not saying there aren't.  See if I give a fuck though.  What I guarantee is you will not find ONE about politics or racism.  Not fucking ONE.

And the mods also don’t appreciate being told to hang our heads in shame or consider our positions as moderators if we don’t do something about these threads that are being started, or the posts contained therein.  The responsibility does not stop at our fucking door on every single issue on this forum. 

Instead of complaining to the moderators about these threads, DON’T FUCKING START THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

STICK TO THE FOOTBALL.

Hear hear.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:13 pm

but this is a section called general chat. if the mods are really unhappy about how much work they have to do moderating this section they should close the whole thing as i don't see anyway that contentious discussions are going to stop. i wonder how many people would stick around on the forum if that happened though. or you could try and insist that people only talk amusing b*ll*c*ks and we'll all pretend all is fine in la la land. personally i like it that people discuss important world issues despite the fact that it gets a bit nasty at times. as the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen (once you've finished making my breakfast).

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:14 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I can't help it, I'm always swearing unfortunately.  It comes out when I type on here as well.  I hate it really but I can control it when I need to but otherwise I swear like a bastard.....

its refreshing  :D

i thought you had a mum and dad and they were married before you were born, or are you the milkmans son  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:17 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:All joking aside Woolly, I’m serious.  I could start a thread with this though.  I still l might if this gets buried under more s*i*e.  I want to make a point to everyone much closer to home now.  When I say closer to home, I mean this message board.

STICK TO THE FOOTBALL.

Totally totally agree.
I'm to blame for threads like the Gary Glitter one,but saying that it didnt provoke any arguments only 100 % agreement with what should happen to him.I had a go last night on here and told people to shut the :censored: up and i,ve had enough of the arguing and the racism card being thrown about ON BOTH SIDES.I and many others come here to chat with mates,light hearted banter,but most of all to talk about our beloved club.
Can we please have this forum back to what it was.If anyone has an issue with someone why not take it to pm and not pubicly on a thread.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:20 pm

phil why the heck have you got a warning blip under your name?? i cannot understand that at all!!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:21 pm

andy_g wrote:If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen

I don't go in the metaphorical kitchen though.  I stay well clear of any political or racial threads.  Check them all if you want, and lets face it, there are millions of them.

See how often I post in them.  Moderator or not, I wont get involved.  Why should I?

Hopefully, I've said all I'm going to say on this matter above but I doubt it somehow.
jonnymac1979

Postby drummerphil » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:22 pm

Judge wrote:phil why the heck have you got a warning blip under your name?? i cannot understand that at all!!

it was a mistake mate,you will see that JBG has posted so on the spammers announcement.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:22 pm

i love you jmac :D

chill people (as my daughter tells me to sometimes)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum