2011 world submarine racing event - Awesome pictures

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Got some great photos from the 2011 World Submarine Racing Championships held at Newfoundland, Canada.

Image   Image

Image   Image

Image   Image

Looking forward to next year already.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:58 pm

its a bit annoying because you can't really see the submarines. you'd have been better off using a Hoya 62mm circular polarizer HD hardened Glass 8-layer multi-coated filter.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:36 pm

You know it would have been better if you didn't post the same picture 6 times!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:55 pm

jeez i am sorry
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:59 pm

:D  This is brillliant!
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:22 pm

ethanr wrote:You know it would have been better if you didn't post the same picture 6 times!

It's not the same picture. - Can't you see in the first one, Britain gets a good start, but then in the second you can see the Germans and Spanish Catching it.

The third shows the Germans slick overtaking skills to outmanouver both and take the lead while the forth shows a tightly packed field just behind GB.

Then if you look closely at 5, you can see how the Brits panic when the going gets tough, as they start swinging the back end round.

Then the last photo expertly captures the moment where Britain collides with Uzbeckistan, as the rest of the field hurtles past them both....

True story.

:cool:
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
ethanr wrote:You know it would have been better if you didn't post the same picture 6 times!

It's not the same picture. - Can't you see in the first one, Britain gets a good start, but then in the second you can see the Germans and Spanish Catching it.

The third shows the Germans slick overtaking skills to outmanouver both and take the lead while the forth shows a tightly packed field just behind GB.

Then if you look closely at 5, you can see how the Brits panic when the going gets tough, as they start swinging the back end round.

Then the last photo expertly captures the moment where Britain collides with Uzbeckistan, as the rest of the field hurtles past them both....

True story.

someone who understands - thank you
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Redman in wales wrote:

True story.

someone fired a torpedo in the 5th one
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:41 pm

andy_g wrote:its a bit annoying because you can't really see the submarines. you'd have been better off using a Hoya 62mm circular polarizer HD hardened Glass 8-layer multi-coated filter.

Hoya whaa?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Redman in wales wrote:Then the last photo expertly captures the moment where Britain collides with Uzbeckistan, as the rest of the field hurtles past them both....

True story.

It's a shame really, I thought this years track really favored the Uzbecks.   K'in gutted for them.    :down:
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:48 pm

'tard
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:08 pm

The most amazing part about the Uzbek's performance was that they got this far in the first place.  For such a dry landlocked country, for them to compete in submarining at such a high level is simply remarkable.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:53 pm

The Good Yank wrote:The most amazing part about the Uzbek's performance was that they got this far in the first place.  For such a dry landlocked country, for them to compete in submarining at such a high level is simply remarkable.

did they even build submarines? you sure its the uzbeks? maybe it was the persians
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:04 pm

I worked for a submarine company once..... but it went under....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Kharhaz wrote:I worked for a submarine company once..... but it went under....

failed attempt of a joke :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum