Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:06 pm

My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
ethanr wrote:You know it would have been better if you didn't post the same picture 6 times!

It's not the same picture. - Can't you see in the first one, Britain gets a good start, but then in the second you can see the Germans and Spanish Catching it.

The third shows the Germans slick overtaking skills to outmanouver both and take the lead while the forth shows a tightly packed field just behind GB.

Then if you look closely at 5, you can see how the Brits panic when the going gets tough, as they start swinging the back end round.

Then the last photo expertly captures the moment where Britain collides with Uzbeckistan, as the rest of the field hurtles past them both....

True story.

:cool:

Oh you know what.. If I turn my computer sideways, close one eye and hope on all 3 feet I do see it.

My bad.  Good race that... Poor Uzbeks... The British just ruin everything.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:17 pm

:O
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:11 am

The Good Yank wrote:The most amazing part about the Uzbek's performance was that they got this far in the first place.  For such a dry landlocked country, for them to compete in submarining at such a high level is simply remarkable.

:nod

The Uzbek's have shown all land locked countries that it's quite feasible to have a submarine force. Despite some obvious disadvantages if a nation puts it's mind to it they can be overcome.

e.g. as this picture shows movement across rough terrain was a problem

As shown here this was overcome with the introduction of wheels , a simple but quite brilliant modification .

Despite this advance, one of the key elements of a submarines abilities, i.e. the ability to submerge, was still proving to be a seemingly insurmountable obstacle as this picture demonstrates.

However once again the Uzbek's use of simple but brilliant logic solved the problem. Each submarine was given a detachment of young naval pioneers

When the order to "dive" was given these brave but ultimately expendable pioneers simply buried the submarine.

A bonus benefit from this marvellous outside the box thinking was that the submarine became virtually impervious to attacks from depth charges, land mines however have become a problem but one that given their ingenuity the Uzbek's will eventually solve.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:13 am

Uzbeks are awesome :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Brits would have walked it if the race had been held in the Solent as usual.  Fookin' Newfies had to kick up a fuss about hosting. :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:10 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:The most amazing part about the Uzbek's performance was that they got this far in the first place.  For such a dry landlocked country, for them to compete in submarining at such a high level is simply remarkable.

The Uzbek's have shown all land locked countries that it's quite feasible to have a submarine force. Despite some obvious disadvantages if a nation puts it's mind to it they can be overcome.

As shown here this was overcome with the introduction of wheels , a simple but quite brilliant modification .

Despite this advance, one of the key elements of a submarines abilities, i.e. the ability to submerge, was still proving to be a seemingly insurmountable obstacle as this picture demonstrates.

However once again the Uzbek's use of simple but brilliant logic solved the problem. Each submarine was given a detachment of young naval pioneers

When the order to "dive" was given these brave but ultimately expendable pioneers simply buried the submarine.

A bonus benefit from this marvellous outside the box thinking was that the submarine became virtually impervious to attacks from depth charges, land mines however have become a problem but one that given their ingenuity the Uzbek's will eventually solve.

Most fearsome Navy in Central Asia by a long chalk.  They can tunnel circles around those Kyrgyz poofs.  :buttrock
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:05 pm

metalhead wrote:Uzbeks are awesome :D

Don't take the pi$$, I lived in Uzbekistan for 2 years (no joke), used to see them out training in the desert.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:11 pm

that's why I said they are awesome!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:59 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

:bowdown

Wish I could be like you and have time for all this research. However, as I don't, I sure appreciate guys like you who can.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum