Uefa - Useless ********s

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:26 am

a few week s ago, a uefa representative called jose mourihno "the enemy of football". well if he's the enemy of football i don't want to think what the inter milan fans are. that was the most disgraceful thing i've seen in ages.

UEFA BETTER GROW SOME BALLS OVER THIS DISGRACE

at the moment they're more concerned about mourihno not turning up to a press conference than they are about cutting out the scenes of last night and it stinks.

twenty years ago we were admittedly the scum of the earth when it came to football hooliganism but to see how far we've come is a credit to this country and the football authorities. police and stewarding in all grounds over here are top notch now. anyone throwing something onto the pitch would have been identified on camera, thrown out the stadium and banned for life.

yet italian footie seems to have gone back twenty years. what the f#ck are the police and stewards doing at games? how the hell are people managing to get flares and bottles into the ground in the first place? a mate of mine, who went to watch arsenal there last season, was stopped from taking a lighter into the ground incase he threw it. yet once inside the ground he was easily able to borrow one from a inter fan. it's double standards and it stinks.

inter have to be banned. dida suffered first degree burns to his back. if he'd turned around and it had hit him in the face it could have been deadly serious.

also, if this had been arsenal-chelsea for example, we'd have been banned from europe for 5 years period.

it sucks, someone's gonna get killed one of these days unless something is done.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:53 am

Why friday though?
Why not today? Slap on the wrists agin no doubt, if it was any english team we would have all been thrown out and thats a fact.
f@ckin p.issed off big time :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:01 pm

there were 85 policeman injured in serie a over the weekend aswell. add this to the coin throwing incident with anders frisk earlier in the season and something's gotta be done. i still can't understand HOW people get these flares into the ground in the first place. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby addicted norwegian » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:42 pm

stmichael wrote:there were 85 policeman injured in serie a over the weekend aswell. add this to the coin throwing incident with anders frisk earlier in the season and something's gotta be done. i still can't understand HOW people get these flares into the ground in the first place. :angry:

I couldn`t agree more. When it comes to how they managed to bring the flares into the stadium, I just read on nettavisen.no, that the Inter fans in a Serie A match vs Atalanta in 2001 managed to smuggle a scooter, a f@cking moped fgs, into the stadium, which they set on fire and tossed from the highest level on the stands.

I agree that Inter should be banned, and wouldn`t disagree if Roma was too.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:01 pm

addicted norwegian wrote:
stmichael wrote:there were 85 policeman injured in serie a over the weekend aswell. add this to the coin throwing incident with anders frisk earlier in the season and something's gotta be done. i still can't understand HOW people get these flares into the ground in the first place. :angry:

I couldn`t agree more. When it comes to how they managed to bring the flares into the stadium, I just read on nettavisen.no, that the Inter fans in a Serie A match vs Atalanta in 2001 managed to smuggle a scooter, a f@cking moped fgs, into the stadium, which they set on fire and tossed from the highest level on the stands.

I agree that Inter should be banned, and wouldn`t disagree if Roma was too.

Double standard, I think.  It may also come down to politics.  England is hated on the continent, within the EC.  Financial penalties, fines etc, are not going to work.  They need to ban the teams.

Remember also, after Heysel, all English clubs were banned for 5 years, leading to a complete rethink in England.  The precedent is there to ban all Italian clubs, to shock them into making changes.  But do we really think they will do that, no!  It was only because English clubs had won 7 out of the last 8:

1976/77 Liverpool
1977/78 Liverpool
1978/79 Nottingham Forest
1979/80 Nottingham Forest
1980/81 Liverpool
1981/82 Aston Villa
1982/83 Hamburg
1983/84 Liverpool
1984/85 Juventus

I may be cynical, but I really believe that is why we were banned.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:17 am

theres 9 teams hawky, not 8 :D :p :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:54 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:theres 9 teams hawky, not 8 :D :p :laugh:

I wasn't counting Juve winning it on that night in 85 - the last in the list.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:45 pm

ban Inter from Europe for one year at the minimum.

The Italian FA has actually stood up though and said that if this sort of thing happens again, that the team whose fans are the offenders will lose 3-0 automatically.

got this from soccernet.com

There is a precedent for expulsion in that another club Fiorentina were thrown out of the UEFA Cup in 1998 after a home-made explosive device hurled from the crowd during the match against Swiss side Grasshoppers injured the fourth official and caused the match to be abandoned.

UEFA MUST take a firm line, or more serious incidents may occur and we could see another tragedy. About time UEFA acted in the name of safety and not worrying about the pulling power of a big club like Inter, fuk money, sort this mess out UEFA.  :angry:
Last edited by LFC #1 on Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:01 pm

Once again Uefa show wat cowards they are they would rather ask why Mourinho never attended a press confrence than tackle the real issue
Ultra.Will they rather wait until someone is seriously injuried or dies before they open their eyes :angry: :angry:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:33 pm

UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body has ordered FC Internazionale Milano to play their next six European club competition matches behind closed doors. Of these six matches, the last two are under a probationary period of three years according to Article 15 bis of the disciplinary regulations.

Fine handed out
This means that if a further offence is committed during the probationary period, the disciplinary body may order the original sanction to be executed in addition to disciplinary sanctions for the second offence. In addition, Inter have been fined 300,000 CHF.

Milan go through
The UEFA Champions League quarter-final second-leg tie has been awarded to AC Milan as a 3-0 forfeit and Milan therefore go through to the semi-finals on a 5-0 aggregate. An appeal against any of these decisions can be submitted within three days from the receipt of the written grounds.

****** soft ******. :angry:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:36 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:The precedent is there to ban all Italian clubs, to shock them into making changes.  But do we really think they will do that, no!  It was only because English clubs had won 7 out of the last 8:

1976/77 Liverpool
1977/78 Liverpool
1978/79 Nottingham Forest
1979/80 Nottingham Forest
1980/81 Liverpool
1981/82 Aston Villa
1982/83 Hamburg
1983/84 Liverpool
1984/85 Juventus

I may be cynical, but I really believe that is why we were banned.

I go along with that Hawk , many euro heads thought that the English clubs domination of europe at that time was "bad for football" ,what they meant of course was that it was bad for them .
Not arguing that we didn't deserve a severe punishment and a wake up call but the five year ban was as much to do with their ambition to give the rest of europe a chance as it was to do with punishing english football.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby the great one » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:48 pm

LFC #1 wrote:UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body has ordered FC Internazionale Milano to play their next six European club competition matches behind closed doors. Of these six matches, the last two are under a probationary period of three years according to Article 15 bis of the disciplinary regulations.

Fine handed out
This means that if a further offence is committed during the probationary period, the disciplinary body may order the original sanction to be executed in addition to disciplinary sanctions for the second offence. In addition, Inter have been fined 300,000 CHF.

Milan go through
The UEFA Champions League quarter-final second-leg tie has been awarded to AC Milan as a 3-0 forfeit and Milan therefore go through to the semi-finals on a 5-0 aggregate. An appeal against any of these decisions can be submitted within three days from the receipt of the written grounds.

****** soft ******. :angry:

Im just woundering did we expect Uefa to ban them especially after the mess they made of the Mourinho situation ?
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:50 pm

didn't expect them to, but was hoping they would. Should have.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion